|John O. Brennan|
|Director of Central Intelligence|
From: January 21, 2013 to January 20, 2017
|Predecessor||Mike Morell (acting)|
|Homeland Security Advisor to the President|
From: January 20, 2009 – March 8, 2013
|Director of the National Counterterrorism Center
From: August 27, 2004 – August 1, 2005
John Brennan (born September 22, 1955), a Leftist who has publicly admitted that he once voted for a USSR-supported Communist Party candidate for president, served as Barack Obama's CIA Director and was one of the masterminds behind the Trump-Russia scandal. John Brennan did more than anyone to promulgate and weaponize false intelligence information from the Steele dossier against Donald Trump.  Brennan is both a statist who recognizes no higher moral authority than government, and an opportunist who betrayed the War on Terror for personal career ambition.
While serving two presidents in the immediate 16 years after the 9/11 attacks, Brennan helped breed more jihadis and countless victims of terror than when he started his career ambition to become CIA Director. Brennan managed the "kill list" for President Barack Obama.
As widespread criticism mounted over the Obama administration's arming of the Islamic State, Brennan was among the prime coup plotters to sabotage the presidency of Donald Trump, who vowed to alter the foreign policy direction that Obama, Brennan, and globalists set for America. Brennan enlisted a network of foreign intelligence operatives to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.
Under Brennan's watch as CIA director, more than 70 CIA assets were systematically identified and slaughtered in China and Iran.
- 1 Education
- 2 Saudi Arabia
- 3 Post-9/11
- 4 Obama administration
- 5 Deep state coup
- 6 Post traumatic stress disorder
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
John Brennan graduated from Fordham University in 1977 after a year of intensive Arabic and Middle Eastern studies in Cairo. He earned his J.D. from the University of Texas at Austin before joining the Central Intelligence Agency as an intelligence director in 1980. He is a CIA veteran and fluent Arabic speaker. When joining, he had also taken a polygraph test and admitted as well to have voted for the American Communist Party candidate Gus Hall for president at the height of communist Cambodian genocide. The CPUSA and the Khmer Rouge who carried out the genocide of 3,000,000 innocent people were both established by the Moscow-directed Communist International.
In his 1980 graduate thesis at the University of Texas at Austin, John Brennan denied the existence of “absolute human rights” and argued in favor of censorship on the part of the Egyptian dictatorship.
- “Since the press can play such an influential role in determining the perceptions of the masses, I am in favor of some degree of government censorship,” Brennan wrote. “Inflamatory [sic] articles can provoke mass opposition and possible violence, especially in developing political systems.”
"And during a 25-year career in government, I was privileged to serve in positions across the Middle East — as a political officer with the State Department and as a CIA station chief in Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, I saw how our Saudi partners fulfilled their duty as custodians of the two holy mosques of Mecca and Medina. I marveled at the majesty of the Hajj and the devotion of those who fulfilled their duty as Muslims by making that privilege — that pilgrimage."
John Brennan was the CIA deputy executive director from 2001 to 2003. Brennan is known to be a staunch supporter of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Program, and has defended the use of extraordinary rendition, saying it is "an absolutely vital tool." He was previously director of the National Counter-Terrorism Center from 2004 through 2005. Brennan also worked at Analysis Corp, from 2005 to 2008.
On November 2, 2007, Brennan defended the torture program:
|“||the C.I.A. has acknowledged that it has detained about 100 terrorists since 9/11, and about a third of them have been subjected to what the C.I.A. refers to as enhanced interrogation tactics, and only a small proportion of those have in fact been subjected to the most serious types of enhanced procedures ... There have been a lot of information that has come out from these interrogation procedures that the agency has in fact used against the real hard-core terrorists. It has saved lives. And let's not forget, these are hardened terrorists who have been responsible for 9/11, who have shown no remorse at all for the deaths of 3,000 innocents.||”|
Brennan told ABC, "Our review indicates that interrogations of detainees on whom EITs [enhanced interrogation techniques] were used did produce intelligence that helped thwart attack plans, capture terrorists, and save lives."
After the terrorist attacks on 9/11, the Bush administration in its 2002 National Security Strategy promulgated a new preventive war doctrine, and initiated a program of targeted killings using weaponized Unarmed Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), drones, and other means. President Obama greatly expanded the employment of drones to kill people. Brennan was put in charge of selecting targets.
The CIA accused Brennan's business of behaving in a “disingenous” manner while pursuing a government contract in 2007. The agency alleged that Brennan’s intelligence firm, The Analysis Corporation (TAC), misled the CIA; the company’s proposal was deemed substandard—at best.
During the transition Obama nominated Brennan as CIA Director. The nomination was withdrawn however as Brennan's torture program became public. Brennan went to work inside the White House on Obama's personal staff.
Under both the Bush and Obama administrations, Brennan allowed rumors of illegal domestic surveillance to circulate as a ploy to disguise the real source of his information - the CIA Torture Program, which he managed.
Brennan swore under oath before Congress that he had no knowledge of the fraudulent Steele dossier until December 2016, after the 2016 Presidential election, although Brennan briefed Democrat Senate Leader Harry Reid on its contents in August 2016, shortly after the conspiratorial Crossfire Hurricane operation officially began in July 2016 within the corrupt Obama FBI.
Brennan likewise swore under oath that the fraudulent Steele dossier was not used in his January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA) report to President Obama, alleging Donald Trump was an agent of Russia, whereas Obama FBI director James Comey told subordinates that Brennan insisted the fraudulent material be included the ICA. After the FBI determined accusations in the Steele dossier were without foundation, the material was used anyway to renew illegal surveillance on President Trump, Trump associates, and the Trump administration, and to appoint Special Counsel Robert Mueller to continue the fraudulent investigation.
Hacking the State Department
While cooling his heals outside of government for a brief time because of the controversy over the Torture program, Brennan hitched his wagon to his ideological kinsman, Barack Hussein Obama, as candidate for President in 2008 over John McCain, whom many viewed as a patriot. Brennan started his own consulting firm, began contributing money to Obama and became an advisor.
Factually Barack Hussein Obama never obtained a U.S. passport until after he was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2004. As questions arose over how Obama travelled to Pakistan in 1981, under what name and Social Security number, and whether Obama committed crimes in using or failure to report using aliases to secure a passport and later an Illinois State Bar law license, Brennan's consulting firm hacked in to the U.S. State Department to access Obama's passport file. A whistleblower who worked for Brennan and was talking to the FBI was found shot dead on the streets of Washington two weeks later.
Obama White House
Brennan served as the "Terrorism Czar," sometimes called "Homeland Security Czar," but with the formal title as Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Appointed in January 2009, Brennan reported to National Security Adviser James L. Jones. Under President Obama's plan, the homeland security adviser’s office would be eliminated, and the National Security Council would take over those duties. The public was told Brennan would be responsible for guarding against natural disasters and terrorism. As Homeland Security Advisor, he was set about killing terrorists abroad while keeping the lid on Obama administration activities at home.
On September 21, 2010 an internal email entitled “Obama Leak Investigations” at the “global intelligence” company Stratfor claimed Obama’s White House adviser John Brennan was targeting journalists.
"Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources,” writes one Stratfor official to another. The email continues: “Note —There is specific tasker from the [White House] to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode…”
In April 2010 Obama Attn. Gen. Eric Holder renewed a subpoena of New York Times reporter James Risen in a leak investigation. Risen and a colleague reported on warrantless wiretaps. The coverage won Risen and colleague a Pulitzer Prize for “carefully sourced stories on secret domestic eavesdropping that stirred a national debate.” The Justice Dept. opened an investigation into the wiretap stories. John Brennan played a key role in the illegal wiretap program, overseeing the production of what personnel in the program called the “scary memos” intended to justify the domestic spying exposed by Risen. Brennan later admitted that he relied on information from CIA’s torture program rather than domestic spying, which was used as a cover. In a frontpage May 13, 2004 story the torture program was exposed with Risen as the lead reporter. The subpoena of Risen is viewed as retribution and an intimidation tactic against whistleblowers.
Torture program run out of White House
The controversy over warrantless wiretaps was always only cover for the the real source where information was gained - Brennan's torture program. At the same time it served public notice Americans had to surrender some freedoms and civil liberties to a group of insiders who knew what was best for them. Legalities didn't matter anymore.
During "a profanity-laced screaming match at the White House" in August 2009 CIA Director Leon Panetta protested Obama's decision to create a team of interrogators overseen by the White House. Responsibility for interrogations of suspects was shifted away from the CIA, and the White House National Security Council staff given direct control. Brennan was placed in charge of the program.
Unlike executive departments and agencies such as the Department of Justice, FBI, and CIA, the National Security Council staff are not subject to Congressional oversight, and operate outside the spotlight of public view. The American Civil Liberties Union made this point during the elections of 2008 when the George W. Bush NSC staff was involved only in decisions and authorizations and before the Obama NSC staff took on an operational role.
Re-election gimmick: killing Osama bin Laden
Killing bin Laden was never an objective or priority of the Bush administration. Knowing full well Islam is a doctrine of vengence - not love or forgiveness - the War on Terror was stipulated from the beginning to be about prevention, not retribution. Killing bin Laden was a Hydra's head, the death of one would only spawn the rise of many to take bin Laden's place in Allah's relentless struggle against his enemies. US intelligence agencies certainly knew this. Shortly after bin Laden's execution, the Islamic State was declared, and the call went out from the Caliph to Muslim warriors globally to enter the jihad. Thousands of foreign fighters arose from every continent. When Obama and Brennan departed from office Europe had been invaded and the West was losing the global jihad.
But Obama was always motivated by domestic politics, and Democrats' hatred of Bush could be mollified with a single issue - standing the War on Terror on its head and turning it into something it was never intended to be—payback. Payback and retribution would repudiate America'a Christian ethic and make America no different than the enemies we fought. In keeping Brennan on as a Bush holdover, Obama wanted Brennan to enhance Obama's 2012 re-election prospects. Public approval gained from killing bin Laden was calculated to offset criticism of the kill list and obscure the legal and moral objections from international and humanitarian organizations. Both would be rewarded in the end. This time Brennan wasn't denied appointment as CIA Director when Obama was reelected.
The kill list
As Counterterrorism adviser, Brennan was the driving force behind the creation of the Disposition Matrix database to codify the targeted killing policies developed by Barack Obama. According to the New York Times, Brennan has been the "principal coordinator" of U.S. kill lists. Former Obama administration counterterrorism official Daniel Benjamin stated that Brennan "probably had more power and influence than anyone in a comparable position in the last 20 years." The criteria and decisions determining who may be targeted for killing were developed in large part by John Brennan, who "wields enormous power in shaping decisions on 'kill' lists and the allocation of armed drones". Barack Obama, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, joked about his approvals of names submitted off Brennan's list: "I'm really good at killing people."
The World Socialist Web Site wrote that "the Obama administration has arrogated to itself the most extreme power that can be asserted by any dictatorship—that of ordering citizens put to death without presenting charges against them, much less proving them in a court of law". They later criticized the relative silence in the media and the political establishment following the revelation.
Obama's kill list has been criticized internationally as "targeted executions" and "extrajudicial murders." "[I]n essence, this means that based on intelligence evidence, the administration assumes the right to judge and execute anyone without bothering about such minor things as proper court hearings, or the right of the accused person for proper legal defense...the fact that such operations clearly violate the principles propagated by the U.S. itself, like the right of everyone for legal defense, does not seem to bother the administration." Speaking at Harvard Law School on 25 October 2012, United Nations Special Rapporteur on human rights and counter terrorism, Ben Emmerson, stated that he would launch an investigation unit within the United Nations Human Rights Council. Emmerson and Christof Heyns, UN Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions, have described some Obama administration targeted killings as war crimes.
Glenn Greenwald has written that "the central role played by the NCTC in determining who should be killed [is] rather odious... the NCTC operates a gigantic data-mining operation, in which all sorts of information about innocent Americans is systematically monitored, stored, and analyzed". Greenwald concludes that the Kill list has established "simultaneously a surveillance state and a secretive, unaccountable judicial body that analyzes who you are and then decrees what should be done with you, how you should be "disposed" of, beyond the reach of any minimal accountability or transparency". Former counterterrorism specialist and military intelligence officer Philip Giraldi has criticized the disposition matrix's "everyday" killing of targets with what he calls "little or no evidence", leaving the White House "completely unaccountable".
Brennan speaks Arabic and has a prayer rug in his office. Some in the Intelligence Community have rumoured that he converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi Arabia in the 1990s. More likely Brennan is the quintessential statist, having been sworn in as CIA director on a copy of the U.S. Constitution rather than a Bible or Koran. Brennan recognizes no higher moral authority than government.
Brennan planted stories with the New York Times Cairo bureau chief David Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick wrote a controversial article whitewashing the Benghazi attack and repeatedly pushed a pro-Muslim Brotherhood agenda, according to his wife.
Hacking Senate Intelligence Committee
Sixty documents disappear from the computers of the Senate Intelligence Oversight Torture Review investigation. Chairwoman Feinstein said that CIA personnel at first denied that the documents were missing, then blamed the IT contractors, then informed her it was at the behest of the White House.
- Main article: Trump-Russia
To embark on such a mission without direct presidential authority seems both a stretch of the imagination and particularly foolhardy.
John Brennan invented a fake narrative that he had received information from foreign intelligence sharing programs that associates of Donald Trump were meeting and taking money from Russian operatives. Brennan passed the fake narrative to James Comey who began counterintelligence surveillance on Paul Manafort and others in the Trump orbit.The underpinnings of Brennan's fake news narrative read something like this:
"CIA Dir. John Brennan received information from British GCHQ intelligence as part of an allegedly "routine" intelligence sharing agreement about Trump associates' business dealings in Russia. The information is said to have originated with Estonian intelligence. Estonia is requesting a missile defence system at this time, while Trump adviser Newt Gingrich refers to the country of 1.3 million inhabitants as a 'suburb of St. Petersberg', which has 5.3 million inhabitants. Gingrich, rumoured to be on the short list for Secretary of State, says he doubts American leaders would risk nuclear war over Putin's actions in the region.In actuality, John Brennan received nothing from UK intelligence. Brennan's fake narrative became the basis of the Trump-Russia hoax, taken as gospel by leftists and the mainstream media.
Allegedly, the information that triggered Brennan to act was a tape-recorded conversation that mentioned money from the Kremlin to the Trump Campaign."
Brennan shared his invented narrative with Clapper and Comey to form a Joint Counter-Intelligence Task Force.
The fake narrative is nothing new for Brennan; a decade earlier Brennan was responsible for fake narratives about US domestic spying under the Patriot Act to cover information that was gleaned from the Torture Program which Brennan oversaw.
The fact that the early leaks appeared in the British press suggested that the source might have been British intelligence. Under Executive Orders dating back to 1938, the US can ask UK intelligence to monitor an American citizen to circumvent the Fourth Amendment, and vice versa. The National Security Agency may share data with the UK's GCHQ to evade U.S. legal restrictions regarding the handling of such data. The Obama administration's wiretaps against the Trump campaign were first reported by the British news site Heat Street on November 7, 2016.
On January 4, 2017 the Office of National Intelligence issued a report written by Brennan entitled, Joint Analysis Report: Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections.” Two pages of the DNC and Clinton campaign's Steele dossier were included in the report. The following day in an Oval Office meeting with Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Susan Rice, and Biden, President Obama approved the attempt to blackmail President-elect Donald Trump with "salacious and unverified" sexual innuendo from the report.
To justify the illegal surveillance, Trump associates were labeled "agents of a foreign power" in order to hoax the FISA court into approving warrant applications. Obama additionally signed Executive Orders to circulate the slurs and innuendo more widely within the government. These developments were followed by a series of leaks that disregarded privacy rights.
On January 17, 2017 McClatchy News reported that an informal, interagency group had been working for months on the issue of Russian attempts to influence the the election. The group included representatives of the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and the office of the director of national intelligence. The day before inauguration The New York Times reported that the White House was directly involved in the investigation: “… wiretapped communications had been provided to the (Obama) White House.”
On March 1, the Times reported that the FBI was in the midst of a "wide-ranging investigation" of "links between Mr. Trump’s associates and the Russian government." Although Trump had been president for six weeks at this point, the FBI was still being run by its disgraced director, James Comey, who had been appointed by Obama.
On March 2, 2017, talk radio host Mark Levin denounced the wiretaps and accused Obama of attempting a "silent coup" against Trump. Levin was chief of staff of the Justice Department during the Reagan administration. Earlier liberal reporting on the issue emphasized Trump's alleged links to Russia and used the wiretapping to support the idea that the intelligence community took these accusations seriously. Levin shifted the focus to malfeasance by the intelligence community.
Deep state coup
- Main article: Deep state coup
Brennan took unofficial foreign intelligence compiled by contacts, colleagues, and associates—primarily from the UK, but also from other Five Eyes members, such as Australia.
Individuals in official positions in UK intelligence, such as Robert Hannigan—head of the UK Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ, Britain’s equivalent of the National Security Agency)—partnered with former UK foreign intelligence members. Former MI6 head Sir Richard Dearlove, former Ambassador Sir Andrew Wood, and private UK intelligence firm Hakluyt all played a role.
In the summer of 2016, Hannigan traveled to Washington to meet with Brennan regarding alleged communications between the Trump campaign and Moscow. On Jan. 23, 2017—three days after Trump’s inauguration—Hannigan abruptly announced his retirement. The Guardian openly speculated that Hannigan’s resignation was directly related to the sharing of UK intelligence.
One method used to help establish evidence of collusion was the employment of “spy traps.” Prominent among these were ones set for Trump campaign advisers George Papadopoulos and Carter Page. The intent was to provide or establish connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. The content and context mattered little as long as a connection could be established that could then be publicized. The June 2016 Trump Tower meeting was another such attempt.
Western intelligence assets were used to initiate and establish these connections, particularly in the cases of Papadopoulos and Page.
Ultimately, Brennan formed an inter-agency task force comprising an estimated six agencies and/or government departments. The FBI, Treasury, and DOJ handled the domestic inquiry into Trump and possible Russia connections. The CIA, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the National Security Agency (NSA) handled foreign and intelligence aspects.
Brennan’s inter-agency task force is not to be confused with the July 2016 FBI counterintelligence investigation, which was formed later at Brennan’s urging.
During this time, Brennan also employed the use of reverse targeting, which relates to the targeting of a foreign individual with the intent of capturing data on a U.S. citizen. This effort was uncovered and made public by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) in a March 2017 press conference:
- “I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show the president-elect and his team were monitored and disseminated out in intelligence-reporting channels. Details about persons associated with the incoming administration, details with little apparent foreign-intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting.
- “From what I know right now, it looks like incidental collection. We don’t know exactly how that was picked up but we’re trying to get to the bottom of it.”
As this foreign intelligence—unofficial in nature and outside of any traditional channels—was gathered, Brennan began a process of feeding his gathered intelligence to the FBI. Repeated transfers of foreign intelligence from the CIA director pushed the FBI toward the establishment of a formal counterintelligence investigation. Brennan repeatedly noted this during a May 23, 2017, congressional testimony:
- “I made sure that anything that was involving U.S. persons, including anything involving the individuals involved in the Trump campaign, was shared with the [FBI].”
Brennan also admitted that his intelligence helped establish the FBI investigation:
- “I was aware of intelligence and information about contacts between Russian officials and U.S. persons that raised concerns in my mind about whether or not those individuals were cooperating with the Russians, either in a witting or unwitting fashion, and it served as the basis for the FBI investigation to determine whether such collusion [or] cooperation occurred.”
This admission is important, as no official intelligence was used to open the FBI’s investigation.
Once the FBI began its counterintelligence investigation on July 31, 2016, Brennan shifted his focus. Through a series of meetings in August and September 2016, Brennan informed the congressional Gang of Eight regarding intelligence and information he had gathered. Notably, each Gang of Eight member was briefed separately, calling into question whether each of the members received the same information. Efforts to block the release of the transcripts from each meeting remain ongoing.
The last major segment of Brennan’s efforts involved a series of three reports and greater participation from Clapper. The first report, the “Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security,” was released on Oct. 7, 2016. The second report, “GRIZZLY STEPPE —Russian Malicious Cyber Activity,” was released on Dec. 29, 2016. The third report, “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent U.S. Elections”—also known as the Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA)—was released on Jan. 6, 2017.
This final report was used to continue pushing the Russia-collusion narrative following the election of President Donald Trump. Notably, Admiral Mike Rogers of the NSA publicly dissented from the findings of the ICA, assigning only a moderate confidence level.
Post traumatic stress disorder
In later life Brennan showed symptoms of Post traumatic stress disorder. Killing made John Brennan insane. The cover-ups Brennan masterminded seem to indicate Brennan may have understood the moral and ethical consequences of his actions. Unlike a sociopath, Brennan appears to have a conscience and a sense of guilt. However he has repeatedly resorted to lying, deception and illegal acts to cover up and justify bizarre behavior. It is not uncommon for people in intelligence work to go berserk after living a life full of lies and deception. James Jesus Angleton is one of the the CIA's most notable cases.
To cover his crimes, and continue his abuse of power, Brennan masterminded the Trump-Russia collusion hoax. Brennan previously hacked the U.S. State Department, the Senate Intelligence oversight committee, was in charge of the CIA torture program, was in charge of an Obama enemies list program targeting journalists and critics, was a major player in Obama's disastrous Arab Spring policy that brought about the European migrant crisis, and took credit for orchestrating the Trump-Russia investigation through his network of outside the contiguous United States "lures" (SpyGate).
After the Democrat administration was voted out of office, Brennan used his national security clearance for personal gain as an NBC News consultant and threatened the President of the United States and Congress on several occasions.
A man who tried to rig an election, remove a democratically-elected president, killed some 4,700 people in drone strikes—600 of which were innocents, hacked into the U.S. State Department and his Senate overseers and, as the Snowden revelations reveal, is capable of wiretapping and blackmailing the President, Supreme Court Justices, Members of Congress and journalists, is capable of anything.
Brennan's visceral hatred of President Trump is likely rooted in his Marxist belief in class envy and hate, and a core conviction that authoritarian technocrats have a righteous duty to hide their crimes, overthrow elections and depose democratically elected leaders, be it in the Ukraine or in the United States. Brennan's erratic behavior and anti-democratic ideology caused him to lose his security clearance in 2018.
- Obamagate timeline 2009-2015
- Obamagate timeline 2016 election year
- Russiagate timeline 2017
- Russiagate timeline 2018
- Barack Hussein Obama's unlawful acts
- Obama's second term agenda
- Barack Obama Controversies
- Extraordinary rendition
- Abu Ghraib prison
- Project Cassandra
- Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp
- Al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb
- Crisis in Ukraine
- Samantha Power
- Stefan Halper
- Susan Rice
- Aldrich Ames
- Heinrich Himmler
- Felix Dzerzhinsky
- Lavrenty Beria
- Alwaleed Talal
- https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2018/03/31/ In-voted-communist-in-1976-then-entered-cia-in-1980/
- Carlson, Jeff (August 20, 2019). Focus in Spygate Scandal Shifts to CIA, Former Director Brennan. The Epoch Times. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- List of Obama's Czars, GlennBeck.com, August 21, 2009.
- http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/02/12/265874.html, retrieved Feb 15, 2013
- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277524/Obamas-choice-CIA-chief-converted-Islam-says-FBI-agent.html#axzz2KjGHhdpQ, retrieved Feb 15, 2013
- The Early Show on CBS, John Brennan interview with Harry Smith. 
- ABC News. CIA Pushes Back on Assertion That It Overstated Intelligence From Detention Program. ABC News.
- John Brennan and Bush’s interrogation/detention policies, Examining the actual record of Obama's top adviser for intelligence policy, By Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, Nov 16, 2008.
- John Brennan for CIA? Think Again, Scott Horton, Harper's Magazine, November 24, 2008.
- What's Behind Brennan's Withdrawal? Some former spies say left-leaning bloggers and columnists drove John Brennan out of consideration for CIA director, Shane Harris, National Journal Magazine, Dec. 6, 2008.
- Both are rumored to be communists and Muslims.
- Rise of the Czars, FOXNews.com, June 9th, 2009.
- Credit:Sharyl Attkisson. https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1210665_obama-leak-investigations-internal-use-only-pls-do-not.html
- Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit Tensions Lead to CIA Director's "Screaming Match" at the White House, Matthew Cole, Richard Espisito, and Brian Ross, ABC News, August 24, 2009.
- White House To Oversee New Interrogation Team, Dina Temple-Raston, npr.org August 24, 2009.
- New Unit to Question Key Terror Suspects - Move Shifts Interrogation Oversight From the CIA to the White House, Anne E. Kornblut, Washington Post, August 24, 2009.
- National Security Council Reloaded, J. E. Dyer, Commentary blog, 08.25.2009.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 13.
- ACLU Urges Congress to Examine White House National Security Council as Central Decision-Maker on Torture, ACLU Press Release, (6/10/2008).
- By Nominating John Brennan, Obama is Ignoring War Crimes, Glenn Greenwald, NY Times, January 8, 2013.
- "Drone Strikes’ Dangers to Get Rare Moment in Public Eye", 5 February 2013.
- Washington Post
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omittedVan Auken, Bill. "Institutionalized state assassinations and the November 6 election", 26 October 2012.
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omittedKishore, Joseph. "American democracy and the "disposition matrix"", 31 October 2012.
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omitted"Kill-list 2.0: Obama’s ‘disposition matrix’ maps out extrajudicial murders for years to come", 24 October 2012.
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omittedVolkhonsky, Boris. "Barack Obama widens the practice of extrajudicial killings", Voice of Russia, 26 October 2012.
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omitted"United Nations to begin investigating US drone strike targeted kills", 26 October 2012.
- Drone strikes threaten 50 years of international law, says UN rapporteur, Owen Bowcott, The Guardian, 21 June 2012
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omittedGreenwald, Glenn. "Obama moves to make the War on Terror permanent", 24 October 2012.
- Error on call to template:cite news: Parameters archiveurl and archivedate must be both specified or both omittedGiraldi, Philip. "Kill Lists Will Continue", Antiwar.com, 8 November 2012.
- The Protocols for Death, by Philip Giraldi, Antiwar.com, 06 December 2012
- NYT, 1/19/17
- Brennan played a key role in the illegal wiretap program, overseeing the production of what personnel in the program called the “scary memos” intended to justify the domestic spying exposed by [NYT reporter James] Risen. Brennan has since admitted that he relied on intelligence from the CIA’s interrogation programs to develop such memos, and his tenure in that role spanned the period when the CIA used its most extreme torture. https://www.thenation.com/article/government-war-against-reporter-james-risen/
- "BOMBSHELL: Fox News Sources Say Obama Used Brits To Spy On Donald Trump.", DailyWire, March 14, 2017.
- "EXCLUSIVE: FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia," Heat Street, Nov. 7, 2016.
- "All Roads Lead Back to Brennan," American Spectator, March 6, 2017.
- "Their first application, in June, was rejected outright by the judge. They returned with a more narrowly drawn order in July and were rejected again. Finally, before a new judge, the order was granted, on 15 October, three weeks before election day," according to the BBC. "Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here?", BBC, Jan. 12, 2017.
- The declassified version is "Background to “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections”: The Analytic Process and Cyber Incident Attribution"
- DOJ Political Surveillance – From the IRS in 2011 to the FISA Court in 2016, Posted on March 8, 2020 by sundance. theconservativetreehouse.com
- "N.S.A. Gets More Latitude to Share Intercepted Communications", New York Times, Jan. 12, 2017.
- According to Executive Order 12333 issued by President Ronald Reagan in December 1981, "Elements of the Intelligence Community are authorized to collect, retain, or disseminate information concerning United States persons...obtained in the course of a lawful foreign intelligence, counterintelligence, international drug or international terrorism investigation." Thus the U.S. intelligence community can perform surveillance without a warrant as long as the target of the investigation is, at least nominally, something other than a "U.S. person". Meet Executive Order 12333: The Reagan rule that lets the NSA spy on Americans", Washington Post, July 18, 2014.
- Saagar Enjeti, "How Are All These Intel Leaks Happening? Look At One Of The Last Things Obama Did Before Leaving Office," Daily Caller, 03/09/2017.
- "FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump", McClatchy, January 18, 2017.
- "Wiretapped data used in inquiry of Trump aides; Examining Russian Ties; Business dealings of Campaign Advisers are investigated." New York Times, January 20, 2017. On the NYT website, the headline is given as “Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates.”
- "New York Times Trashes Its Own Reporting on Obama Admin Wiretapping, Breitbart, 5 Mar 2017.
- "Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking," New York Times, March 1, 2017.
- "Mark Levin to Congress: Investigate Obama’s ‘Silent Coup’ vs. Trump", Breitbart, 3 Mar 2017.
- "", "Breitbart", 15 Aug 2017.
- Daniel Ellsberg, in responding to a question about why should people care, said: "Do they really believe that real democracy is viable, when one branch of government, the Executive, knows or can know every detail of every private communication (or credit card transaction, or movement) of: every journalist; every source to every journalist; every member of Congress and their staffs; every judge, at every level up to the Supreme Court? Do they think that every one of these people "has nothing to hide," nothing that could be used to blackmail them or manipulate them, or neutralize their dissent to Executive policies, or influence voting behavior? Is investigative journalism, or aggressive Congressional investigation of the Executive, or court restraints on Executive practices, really possible with that amount of transparency to the Executive of their private and professional lives and associations? And without any of those checks, the kind of democracy you have is that of the German Democratic Republic in East Germany, with its Stasi (which had a minuscule fraction of the surveillance capability the NSA has now, but enough to turn a fraction of the population of East Germany into secret Stasi informants)." https://freedom.press/news-advocacy/highlights-from-daniel-ellsbergas-reddit-ama-on-edward-snowden-and-nsa-surveillance/
- Warning: These photographs are quite graphic!
-  Salon.com Abu Ghraib Photo Archives