|U.S. Representative from Michigan's 8th District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Elissa Blair Slotkin (born July 10, 1976) is a U.S. freshman representative from Michigan's 8th district.
Central Intelligence Agency
Slotkin is a former CIA agent.
U.S. House of Representatives
Slotkin, despite being elected from a Trump district, voted to impeach the president along with her party line. She was previously booed at a town hall after announcing her initial support for the impeachment inquiry. In addition, Slotkin ironically claimed at one point that she's trying to “teach Washington how to behave again”.
Reaction to U.S. airstrike against Soleimani
In response to the airstrike ordered by Donald Trump and his administration that successfully killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, Slotkin, showing an anti-Trump bias, stressed the importance of "consulting Congress" and that "the ultimate ends don't justify the means."
Self-admitted betrayal of colleaguesIn the very same statement Slotkin made on Trump's ordered airstrike of Soleimani, she admitted that she
"watched friends and colleagues get hurt or killed by Iranian rockets, mortars and explosive devices"and in addition, Slotkin added on that she
"watched as his power increased and he brought strength and capability to groups in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen, and to smaller cells around the Middle East and the world, with devastating consequences."
Slotkin is a liberal who supports minors getting abortions without parental consent, stimulus spending bills, and gun control.
- These Jewish women are running for office because of Trump
- Hot dogs, the CIA, and Congress
- Michigan's 8th Congressional District election, 2018
- Blame Paul Ryan for today’s Democrat frenzy to impeach Trump
- Elissa Slotkin, freshman Dem from Trump district, to vote for impeachment
- WATCH: House Democrat...
- Rep. Elissa Slotkin gets challenge from Nikki Snyder, who defends Trump on impeachment
- Michigan US Rep. Slotkin, ex-CIA analyst, reacts to death of Iran’s Soleimani
- FLASHBACK: Israel Planned to Kill Soleimani But the Obama Administration Put an End to the Operation
- Elissa Slotkin on the Issues