|U.S. Representative from Georgia's 6th District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Lucia Kay "Lucy" McBath is left-wing Democrat currently serving as a U.S. representative from Georgia's 6th district, having very narrowly defeated then-incumbent Republican representative Karen Handel in the 2018 midterm elections.
McBath's son Jordan Davis was shot and killed in November 2012 while at a gas station with his friends, where they openly played music at a high volume, angering a nearby man named Michael Dunn who soon shot Davis out of racist prejudices in thinking that the former had a gun. McBath, a black woman who decries racism and has since the tragic incident become a supporter of gun control, later endorsed Michael Bloomberg in the 2020 U.S. presidential election despite the fact that Bloomberg promotes the very racism (see here) that fueled her son's death, as noted.
U.S. House of Representatives
2018 election in Georgia's 6th district
A non-partisan watchdog group filed a complaint against McBath after the latter had violated congressional ethics rules in engaging in coordination with a gun-grabbing group.
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Her son was killed in a ‘stand your ground’ shooting. Read her message to him on what would have been his 25th birthday
- Dear Lucy McBath, Gun Violence Did Not Kill Your Son, Racism & Racial Profiling Like Mike Bloomberg’s Policies Did. #BloombergIsARacist
- Georgia’s Sixth House District Election Results: Lucy McBath vs. Karen Handel
- Democrat Lucy McBath Gets Ethics Complaint for Alleged Coordination with Gun Control Group