|Born|| June 3, 1975|
|Political party|| Independent (before 2017)|
Democrat (2017 – present)
|Alma mater||United States Naval Academy|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1997 – 2007|
|Awards|| Meritorious Service Medal|
Navy Achievement Medal
Presidential Unit Citation
Amy Melinda McGrath (born June 3, 1975) is a U.S. combat Marine veteran and far-left Democrat who ran to attempt unseating establishment Republican senator Mitch McConnell. She previously failed in a run for U.S. House of Representatives in 2018 during a blue wave year.
2018 U.S. House election in Kentucky's 6th district
2020 U.S. Senate campaign
Having ran for United States Senate to unseat RINO Mitch McConnell, McGrath was endorsed by the Democrat establishment. She is known for her inconsistent views over Brett Kavanaugh amidst the 2018 smear in addition to having been issued a cease and desist letter over exploiting the sufferings of coal miners to attack Mitch McConnell in an ad. The left-wing site The Intercept ran an article in July 2019 with a headline asserting McGrath to be “Everything Wrong with the Democratic Party.” In addition, it is important to note that McGrath has consistently out-raised her incumbent opponent McConnell, as Moscow Mitch Syndrome-consumed leftists have poured millions into her campaign in an attempt to oust the senator who's a self-described “Grim reaper” of far-left legislation.
In early August, McGrath's campaign released an ad claiming that "Mitch made millions from China", which was given a "Three Pinocchios" rating by the left-wing Washington Post for the false claim; much of McConnell's wealth came via marriage to Elaine Chao.
McGrath held a campaign rally in August 2020 at a war memorial despite such being prohibited there.
She has referred to America as an "embarrassment".
Despite phony claims of being a supposed “moderate” that the liberal biased-Wikipedia has purported, McGrath is a far-leftist who ridiculously compared Donald Trump's 2016 election to 9/11, who said that a southern border wall is “stupid”, and who described herself as “more progressive, than anyone in the state of Kentucky.” As reported by Project Veritas, a staffer for the Senate candidate admitted to dodging talk with voters over specific policy.
General election results
McGrath was defeated by McConnell in the general election by nearly a landslide.
- Kentucky’s Sixth House District Election Results: Andy Barr vs. Amy McGrath
- DSCC endorses McGrath in race against McConnell
- 48 hours in, Amy McGrath has already flip-flopped on Brett Kavanaugh ... again
- Kentucky miners issue a cease and desist letter to Amy McGrath for using them in a TV ad
- Amy McGrath Is Challenging Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. She’s Everything Wrong With the Democratic Party.
- McGrath outraises McConnell in first quarter
- McConnell vows to be 'grim reaper' of socialist Dem proposals
- WaPo Knocks McGrath for ‘Grossly Misleading’ Attack on McConnell
- Amy McGrath Habitually Failed to Pay Property Taxes
- War Memorial Blasts Amy McGrath for ‘Prohibited’ Campaign Rally
- While McGrath Calls America an 'Embarrassment,' Leader McConnell Touts Record of Results
- Multiple references:
- Bland Moderates Are Not What We Need In The White House Or In The Senate– Let’s Replace Mitch McConnell With Charles Booker
- 5 things to know about Amy McGrath vs. Mitch McConnell in the 2020 Senate race
- Amy, Donald and Mitch. McGrath signals a different tone — and a moderate shift.
- McGrath sends a signal to moderates, endorses Biden ahead of Iowa caucuses
- Amy McGrath - Wikipedia
- Multiple references:
- New Ads In KY-06: Amy McGrath Is The Resistance’s Candidate
- ‘I am more progressive...’ McGrath statement at fundraiser featured in Barr attack ad
- O’Keefe Strikes Again! Staffer For Dem Running Against Mitch McConnell Admits Campaign Deceives Trump Voters in Kentucky by “Not Talking About Specific Policy” (VIDEO)
- Kentucky Senate Election Results 2020