|U.S. Representative from Iowa's 1st District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former State Representative from Iowa's 99th District|
From: January 12, 2015 – January 3, 2019
Abby Lea Finkenauer (born December 27, 1988 (age 31)) is a left-wing Democrat politician serving as the current U.S. representative from Iowa's 1st district, having previously served in the Iowa House of Representatives.
Iowa House of Representatives
In April 2017, Finkenauer voted against prohibiting abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy.
U.S. House of Representatives
Finkenauer voted in favor of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019.
Rep. Finkenauer supported the impeachment coup against Donald Trump, initially announcing support for the inquiry in September 2019 and later voting along with her party line on both articles to impeach the president.
After President Trump led a swift and decisive foreign policy move to successfully kill Qasem Soleimani, Finkenauer joined her outraged Democrat colleagues in voting for a bill to limit Trump's power to authorize military power against Iran.
- HF 2329 - Prohibits Sale of Fetal Tissue - Iowa Key Vote
- SF 471 - Prohibits Abortion After 20 Weeks of Pregnancy - Iowa Key Vote
- SF 481 - Requires Law Enforcement for Comply with ICE Detainer Requests - Iowa Key Vote
- Iowa's 1st Congressional District election, 2018
- HR 9 - Climate Action Now Act - National Key Vote
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- HR 3877 - Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- Finkenauer Statement on House Impeachment Inquiry
- Finkenauer Statement on Articles of Impeachment
- HR 3 - Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- HR 550 - No War Against Iran Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 826 - Expressing disapproval of the Trump administration's harmful actions towards Medicaid - National Key Vote
- Abby Finkenauer on the Issues