|U.S. Representative from New Jersey's 7th District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Tomasz “Tom” Malinowski (born September 23, 1965 in Slupsk, Poland (age 55)) is a diplomat and left-wing Democrat who currently represents New Jersey's 7th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives. He previously served under the Obama administration, and worked as a lobbyist for Human Rights Watch prior to that.
Malinowski once lobbied against the establishment of a child sex offender registry because he thought that such would somehow be unjust towards convicted sex offenders.
U.S. House of Representatives
Malinowski ran for and won election to the United States House of Representatives in the 2018 Midterm Elections, defeating Republican then-incumbent Leonard Lance by five percentage points after the latter joined moderate/liberal House Republicans in supporting gun control and attempted to force a vote on DACA amnesty.
Despite previously being opposed to impeaching Donald Trump, Malinowski changed his mind in a bout of Romnesia in late May 2019. By late 2019, he supported and voted in favor of the impeachment coup.
- Two references:
- New Jersey House Election Results 2018
- 9 Republicans Co-Sponsoring More Gun Control for Law-Abiding Americans
- The List: Meet the ‘Never Trump’ Republicans Trying to Force a DACA Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
- This Jersey Dem now wants to start an impeachment inquiry against Trump. Here’s how all your lawmakers stand.
- Rep. Malinowski Will Vote To Impeach President Trump
- Multiple references:
- New Jersey Democrat Lawmaker Fantasizes About Withholding Disinfectants From Kentuckians Amid COVID-19 Crisis to Stick it to McConnell (VIDEO)
- Democrat Tom Malinowski Jokes about Withholding Coronavirus Disinfectant from Kentuckians
- Democratic rep jokes about withholding Lysol shipments to Kentucky in swipe at McConnell