|Junior U.S. Senator from Michigan|
From: January 3, 2015 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Representative from Michigan's 14th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2015
|Former U.S. Representative from Michigan's 9th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2013
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Service Years|| 1993 - 2000,|
2001 - 2008
|Rank|| Lieutenant Commander|
|Battles/wars|| Operation Southern Watch|
War on Terror
Gary Charles Peters (born December 1, 1958 (age 62)) is the junior senator from Michigan. He is a member of the Democratic Party and was elected in November 2014 to the United States Senate, having previously served as a U.S. representative from the state's 14th congressional district. Peters is a Trump-Russia hoaxer.
Peters at age 34 volunteered for the U.S. Navy Reserve and served for over ten years at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base.
Peters serves on the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; the Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship; and the Joint Economic Committee.
- Gary Peters | Congressional Veterans
- Read: Dems Bid To Block GOP Probe Into Biden Allegations, Fearing ‘Disinformation Efforts’
- Gary Peters rated most moderate from Michigan amidst 'historic polarization' of Congress
- Gary Peters on the Issues
- Gary Peters, Mark Totten talk guns and world peace at MLive Ballot Bash in Royal Oak
- U.S. Sen. Gary Peters participates in Senate filibuster over gun control