State Representative from Iowa's 67th District
|Assumed office |
January 9, 2017
|Preceded by||Kraig Paulson|
|Born|| June 27, 1983|
Des Moines, Iowa
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Occupation||News anchor, reporter, producer|
Ashley Hinson (born June 27, 1983) is a reporter, news anchor, and state representative from Iowa's 67th district. A conservative Republican, Hinson is currently running in 2020 for the U.S. House of Representatives from Iowa's 1st congressional district to challenge Democrat freshman Abby Finkenauer.
Iowa House of Representatives
Hinson voted in April 2019 to allow the carrying of self-protective stun guns on college campuses in Iowa.
2020 U.S. House election in Iowa's 1st district
It was announced in May 2019 that Hinson had officially filed her paperwork to run for the United States House of Representatives from Iowa's 1st district. She is endorsed by Republicans Kimberly Reynolds and Adam Gregg, respectively the current governor and lieutenant governor of Iowa. In addition, Donald Trump tweeted in May 2020 his endorsement of Hinson.
Hinson won the Republican primary election to face Finkenauer in the general election.
- HF 516 - Requires Identification to Vote - Iowa Key Vote
- SF 359 - Prohibits Abortion After a Heartbeat is Detected - Iowa Key Vote
- SF 188 - Authorizes Stun Guns on Campuses - Iowa Key Vote
- HF 2589 - Expands the Medical Marijuana Program to Include Severe Autism and PTSD - Iowa Key Vote
- State Rep. Ashley Hinson announces a 2020 challenge to U.S. Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Governor Kim Reynolds and Lieutenant Governor Adam Gregg Endorse Ashley Hinson For Congress
- Trump endorses Hinson in Iowa 1st District GOP primary
- United States House of Representatives elections in Iowa, 2020