|U.S. Representative from Michigan's 6th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 1993 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Representative from Michigan's 4th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 1987 – January 3, 1993
Having a serious condition of Romnesia, Upton firmly supported border security measures before he opposed them, such as opposing Trump's border wall. Upton even went as far as to join 33 other establishment GOP representatives calling for maintaining DACA amnesty before the end of 2017. In early 2021, he also supported a mass-amnesty bill for illegal aliens.
In 2013, Upton voted to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act. Among other non-conservative positions, Upton co-sponsored the lightbulb ban bill as well as voted against President Donald Trump’s border wall. In late July 2020, Rep. Upton joined 71 other House Republicans along with all Democrats in voting to remove Civil War-era statues. He also voted in favor of a bill sponsored by far-left Democrat Grace Meng to condemn the use of the term "Chinese virus" as being "racist". Additionally, he voted with democrats in support of "gun control" measures in 2021.
- Fred Upton on the Issues
- Fred Upton on Immigration
- The eight Republicans who bucked on border funding
- 34 House Republicans Call for DACA Amnesty Before End of the Year
- Fred Upton on Civil Rights
- Right burns over Upton light bulb law, Politico
- The List: 72 Republicans Vote with Democrats to Remove Civil War-Era Memorabilia from U.S. Capitol
- Roll Call 193 | Bill Number: H. Res. 908