|Junior U.S. Senator from North Carolina|
From: January 3, 2015 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives|
From: January 26, 2011 – January 3, 2015
|North Carolina House of Representatives, 98th District|
From: January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2015
|Successor||John R. Bradford III|
Thomas Roland “Thom” Tillis (born August 30, 1960 (age 60)) is the junior Unites States Senator from North Carolina. He is a member of the Republican Party, and was elected in November 2014. Tillis serves on the Committee on Armed Services; the Committee on Veterans Affairs; the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry; the Special Committee on Aging; and the Committee on the Judiciary.
2014 U.S. Senate election in North Carolina
In February 2018, Tillis joined Senate establishment RINOs in calling for Donald Trump to preserve the globalist NAFTA. However, he later supported replacing it with the USMCA, calling NAFTA "outdated". Tillis voted for the implementation of the USMCA in January 2020.
Tillis introduced a bill on March 12, 2020 that would block lawmakers from receiving pensions if they have been convicted of felonies.
- 2014 North Carolina Senate Election Results
- Tillis wanted out of Paris; what now
- Two references:
- Senate Republicans call on Trump to preserve NAFTA
- Thom Tillis on Free Trade
- HR 5430 - United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act - National Key Vote
- NC Senator Thom Tillis to Vote Against Trump’s Declaration of Emergency
- Tillis reverses course, votes to support Trump on national emergency declaration
- The List: 26 GOP Senators, 97 House Republicans Ask for More Foreign Workers to Fill U.S. Jobs
- Two references: