|U.S. Representative from Illinois's 16th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2013 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Representative from Illinois's 11th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2011 – January 3, 2013
Adam Daniel Kinzinger (born February 27, 1978 in Kankakee, Illinois) is a United States Air Force veteran and U.S. Representative from Illinois' 11th congressional district, having defeated incumbent Democrat Debbie Halvorson in the 2010 Midterm Elections.
Kinzinger was one of CNN's most outspoken Never Trump guests. Kinzinger received a copy of the Steele dossier from Christopher Steele weeks before the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory was made public. In 2021, he also supported "gun control" measures in congress.
U.S. House of Representatives
116th United States Congress
In late July 2020, Kinzinger voted to remove Civil War-era statues.
117th United States Congress
Kinzinger was one of only ten Republican representatives to vote in favor of the second Democrat sham impeachment against President Trump, which he later admitted "could very well be terminal to my career." He stated in an interview with the Washington Post in late January 2021 that he felt "very isolated and very lonely" in the Republican Party. He soon launched a super PAC to oppose Trump within the Republican Party.
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Christopher Steele Gave Copies of Trump Dossier to a McCain Pal, a Paul Ryan Aide, and a GOP Rep. in Late 2016
- The List: 72 Republicans Vote with Democrats to Remove Civil War-Era Memorabilia from U.S. Capitol
- Lillis, Mike; Wong, Scott (January 13, 2021). House impeaches Trump for second time — with some GOP support. The Hill. Retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Choi, Joseph (January 28, 2021). Kinzinger: Voting to impeach Trump 'could very well be terminal to my career'. The Hill. Retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Bowden, John (January 27, 2021). Kinzinger says he's 'very isolated and very lonely' in Republican Party. The Hill. Retrieved January 31, 2021.
- Choi, Joseph (January 31, 2021). Kinzinger launching PAC to challenge GOP's embrace of Trump. The Hill. Retrieved January 31, 2021.