Cohen was compromised in a series of Fourth Amendment violations between 2015 and 2017. Cohen's office was illegally raided in 2018 to seize documents and violate the attorney-client privilege between Cohen and his clients. The Mueller Report confirmed that false allegations about Cohen in the Steele dossier came from the Obama DOJ's illegal use of the FISA database.
Cohen is a Democrat who, after registering Republican, was indicted on several charges. Cohen only changed is party affiliation after Donald Trump was elected. After bring indicted, Cohen re-registered as a Democrat on October 11, 2018 and called President Trump a racist.
Cohen emerged from Mueller office interrogations as if he had survived a North Korean re-education camp. Cohen is represented by longtime Clinton operative Lanny Davis, who is being paid by Democrat groups supporting the ‘resistance’ movement.
Illegal Obama 702 surveillance
- Main article: Obama FISA abuse
Illegal surveillance looking for Russia collusion only turned up the Stormy Daniels affair; Cohen's office was raided to seize evidence Cohen collected proving that Trump campaign members' civil rights had been violated by the Obama administration, and to break the attorney-client privilege Trump had with Cohen.
The evidence against Michael Cohen was gathered by the Obama administration's illegal use of FISA authority. A declassified FISA court ruling revealed that the Obama administration had abused FISA authority.
The Special Counsel investigation of Robert Mueller was a continuation of the illegal counterintelligence investigation begun under false pretexts by the Obama FBI against Donald Trump in 2016. Although the illegal surveillance never did find evidence of Russian collusion, it did come across embarrassing civil matters such as the Stormy Daniels affair which federal agents leaked as part of their "insurance policy".
Any information from the illegal FISA surveillance could not directly be used by the FBI because they would have to explain how they gained it without a warrant. All FISA search queries on Americans without a warrant are illegal.
Christopher Steele laundered the intelligence product pulled from the FISA system by the husband and wife team of Nellie and Bruce Ohr. Steele then washed the intelligence product and repackaged it into the Steele dossier. Individual reports collected in the dossier we're passed back through the Ohr's to the FBI as they were written beginning in June 2016. An official counterintelligence operation began in July 2016 using the doctored reports.
Illegal 702 queries
- See also: FISA abuse
Proof of this laundry process is found in a “search query” result that actually was a mistake. The faulty intelligence mistake was a search query of the travel history of Michael Cohen. The FISA database returned the wrong Michael Cohen. A different Michael Cohen with the same year of birth as Trump's lawyer traveled to Prague in August or September in 2016. Trump's lawyer could prove his whereabouts at that time. And government sources confirmed it was the wrong Michael Cohen.
The mistaken result however found its way into the Steele dossier. Absent of an illegal FISA search, there's no other way Christopher Steele could identify a random “Michael Cohen” traveling to Prague. The Cohen mistake created the trail of evidence from Christopher Steele to the FISA database, and exposed the Obama administration's illegal domestic spying.In November 2018 the Washington Post's national security correspondent Greg Miller, while appearing in an interview televised on C-Span discussed if Michael Cohen had ever visited Prague:
“There’s an assertion in there that Michael Cohen, Trump’s lawyer, went to Prague to settle some payments that were needed at the end of the campaign. We sent reporters through every hotel in Prague—through all over the place—just to try to figure out if he was ever there, and came away empty. We’ve talked to sources at the FBI and CIA and elsewhere. They don’t believe that ever happened.”WaPo never published its finding.
Former DNI James Clapper illegally leaked the Steele dossier to CNN and BuzzFeed in early 2016. In early 2017 Cohen filed a $100 million defamation lawsuit against BuzzFeed and FusionGPS. Evidence in the lawsuit threatened to expose DOJ and FBI illegal activities against political opponents which have been ongoing for years. Dep. Attn. Gen. Rod Rosenstein and Special Counsel Robert Mueller authorized a break-in to seize all documents in Cohen's office and home.
Treasury Department leak
Michael Cohen was the victim of slanders and leaks when unknown civil servants in the U.S Department of Treasury leaked information about banking transactions belongong to two other "Michael Cohens". The Treasury Inspector General is investigating the leaks.
Mueller probeLynne Patton testified:
the ONLY reason Michael Cohen “turned on” the President of the United States is because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in jail for up to 30 years. Period. She is the co-guarantor of a $20M personal loan that Mueller discovered Michael secured back in 2015 by falsely inflating the value of his taxi medallions – effectively making her part & parcel to the federal charge of “Making False Statements to a Financial Institution,” to which Cohen ultimately plead guilty. This is also the reason why Cohen’s longtime taxi medallion partner, Evgeny “Gene” Freidman, was granted immunity.
- DOJ Political Surveillance – From the IRS in 2011 to the FISA Court in 2016, Posted on March 8, 2020 by sundance. theconservativetreehouse.com
- On April 26, 2017 DNI Dan Coats declassified a FISA court ruling exposing a number of criminal activities that Barack Obama’s FBI and DOJ systematically practiced during Obama's time in office. The FISA court ruling shows widespread abuse of the FISA system. According to the court, Obama’s FBI and DOJ routinely performed searches on Americans that violated Fourth Amendment rights beginning in 2011. The court ruling stated that the improper access of FISA data "seems to have been the result of deliberate decision-making."
United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, Memorandum Opinion and Order, April 26, 2017, pp. 78-93.
- The Carter Page warrant was granted under FISA Title I authority, the most intrusive, exhaustive and far reaching type of search, seizure and surveillance authority, permitting the FBI to look at every aspect of a target's life. Under the two-hop rule, all communication, travel and contacts of a target can be opened and reviewed. All aspects of any of the target's engagements and their contacts are subject to being secretly monitored. The authority is only granted by the FISA court when the Department of Justice represents the target as an agent of a foreign power, member of a terrorist organization, weapons smuggling group, or drug cartel. The law requires notification to Congress if the target is an American citizen.
- Russian Active Measures in the 2016 Election, House Permanent Sub Committee on Intelligence, March 22, 2017, pp. 107-108.
- Swan, Jonathan (October 11, 2018). Scoop: Michael Cohen is now a registered Democrat. Axios. Retrieved October 11, 2018.