Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions
Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, (BDS) are the triple threat, typically by liberal politicians, academia and businesses, against the State of Israel. It is based on the steps taken to address racial segregation policies in South Africa in the 1970s. BDS is proposed as a punishment for Israel not caving to "Palestinian" demands. In general, the "BDS movement" has politicized the debate within the United States regarding the United States' role in bringing peace to that region.
Obama ordered labeling of Israel products made in the West Bank as not made in Israel, a move welcomed by BDS activists and which follows similar moves by European leftists.
Activists explain BDS intimidation tactics: Because BDS is a fundamentally radical and anti-peace movement at heart, its supporters are often prone to displays of violence and intimidation designed to bully others into compliance or silence. The activists have tracked examples of BDS proponents using intimidation and threats, both on the Internet and in the real world, to pursue their goals. BDS intimidation can often include committing crimes as well.
In 2020, a BDS Palestinian activist, Dr. Issam Hijjawi was arrested for allegedly committing preparatory acts of terrorism in connection with the New Irish Republican Army.
BDS and Neo-Nazis
In 2015, swastikas followed BDS resolution at Cal Davis.
Neo-Nazi parties are supporting Palestinian and Hezbollah terrorism, as well as BDS.
Writer pointed out how German neo-Nazis unmask BDS in supporting it.
In April 2020, a group of vicious anti-Israel activists in Germany disrupted an online Holocaust memorial by posting Nazi imagery and pornographic content during a conversation with the survivors of the genocide.
Some infamous BDS supporters
Lara Collab, a former doctor, radical racist Arab anti-Semite from Ohio, who has posted for long, against Jews [Yahoodi in Arabic] and who has declared she'd give Jews the wrong medicine, in her words purposely give all the yahood the wrong meds, has been a BDS supporter. Her liscence was revoked.
In 2020, lecturer Jew-hater Stavit Sinai was convicted for violent assault. Berlin daily B.Z. titled its article about the BDS activists at the trial "Disgusting hatred of Jews in and in front of the Berlin courtroom."
BDS & genocide
In 2016, an Arab wrote a public letter to a radical who supports BDS, stating The demise of Israel as a Jewish state would extinguish the only hope remaining for progressive Arabs like him.
An ardent BDS promoter, was one of the first demagogues using the BLM protests end of May/2020 hijacking it and taking advantage of frustration to incite against Israel.
She has been terming rock-throwers and molotov-cocktails throwers as "peaceful" and as "martyrs". In 2015 she arranged kids meeting with accused terrorist.
In Nov. 2019 she offered a prayer for slain Islamic-Jihad top arch-terrorist Abu al-Ata, but the sincere-activist removed tweet after exposed, but screenshot captured.
In December 29, 2019 she posted against adding police to safeguard Jews after anti Jewish murders. Because supposedly her "argument" was, it's going to be on the expense of defending blacks. But by June-2020 with BLM, she called for defunding police .
- BDS Intimidation
- CAMERA: BACKGROUNDER: The Intrinsic Antisemitism of BDS. May 12, 2020
- "Germany labels Israel boycott movement BDS anti-Semitic". BBC, May 17, 2019
- Talia Kaplan, "Anti-Semitism in US linked to BDS movement, new NGO-backed report finds". Fox News, December, 2019
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement attracting groups with terrorist ties. Jonathan Schanzer. November 2, 2016 | The Hill
- Sixth BDS national conference sheds light on movement’s intentions and terrorist affiliates. By Eliana Rudee. JNS, April 25, 2019 Raising eyebrows within the Jewish and international community, the conference was supported and promoted by the terror-affiliated Palestinian National and Islamic Forces, and attended by leaders of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and the Palestinian Liberation Front.
- Benjamin Weisenthal, "UK police arrest Pro-BDS Palestinian activist on terrorism charge." The Jerusalem Post, August 31, 2020 The paper said that Hijjawi was arrested at Heathrow airport and the 62-year-old's house in the Blackhall area of Edinburgh was searched by Scottish police. British authorities arrested the former chairman of the Association of Palestinian Communities in Scotland Dr. Issam Hijjawi on Saturday for allegedly committing preparatory acts of terrorism in connection with the New Irish Republican Army. He was the 10th person to be charged in a joint Police Service of Northern Ireland and MI5 investigation called Operation Arbacia, The Irish News reported Tuesday.
- At Cal Davis, swastikas at Jewish frat house follow BDS resolution. Feb. 1, 2015
-   Incitement Against Jews Within BDS And Pro-Palestinian Facebook Groups – Part II By C.R. Rublin October 29, 2019 Source: MEMRI The Facebook groups examined in this report are focused on promoting the Palestinian cause and Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israel. In this report we present posts that appeared in eight BDS groups between January 2016 and July 2019, with explicit and blatant antisemitic incitement against Jews and Judaism without any context linking them to Israel or its policies
- Neo-Nazi parties are supporting Palestinian and Hezbollah terrorism, as well as BDS. By United with Israel Staff Nov.24.2019
- German neo-Nazis unmask BDS By Petra Marquardt-Bigman May 31, 2019, 5:23 AM This is just one illustration that the party’s claim to represent “the anti-Israel original” doesn’t prevent it from enthusiastically supporting the copycats on the opposite end of the political spectrum. The previously mentioned post complaining about the undemocratic “incitement” against the “Israel-critical campaign poster” includes a suggestion to turn the taking down of one of the posters into a fundraising opportunity for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement that targets Israel
- Benjamin Weinthal, "Exclusive: PayPal closes Nazi party account linked to Hezbollah, Assad, BDS". Jerusalem Post, Jan 7, 2019 A range of German and American politicians over the years have urged PayPal to terminate the The Third Way.
- BDS activists disrupt Holocaust event with Hitler imagery. Itamar Eichner. Published: 04.21.20 , 13:48. Ynet During an online memorial in honor of the Holocaust Remembrance Day in Berlin, pro-Palestinian protesters interrupted a Zoom chat with survivors by posting pornography, Nazi images and shouting anti-Semitic slogans A group of pro-Palestinian activists in Germany disrupted an online Holocaust memorial by posting Nazi imagery and pornographic content during a conversation with the survivors of the genocide
- Lara Kollab - Canary Mission Overview - Lara Kollab stated she would give Jews the “wrong meds" and that supporters of Israel should have their “immune cells killed." She has called for violence against Jews, spread anti-Semitism, trivialized the Holocaust, defended the terror organization Hamas and expressed support for terrorists on Twitter. She has also compared Israel to Nazi Germany, spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and hatred of Israel, and accused Israel of exploiting the Holocaust. In December 2018, Kollab’s LinkedIn said she graduated from the Touro College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Touro) with a D.O. in 2018. She received a bachelor’s degree from John Carroll University (JCU) in 2013. Kollab was removed from medical residencies in 2018 and 2019, due to the revelation of her past anti-Semitic tweets and her subsequent conduct. In August 2020, the State Medical Board of Ohio “permanently revoked" Kollab’s medical training certificate following an investigation into violations of conduct that included “a failure...of good moral character" and “[m]aking a false, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading statement...in relation to the practice of medicine." Kollab’s LinkedIn said that she was a Biology tutor “to high school and college kids in her hometown" since 2013, a Mentor to “1st, 2nd, and 3rd year medical students" since 2015, and a “Big Sister" at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America since 2016. On October 8, 2017, Kollab said on Facebook she was working at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago as part of her fourth year of medical school. Kollab is a supporter of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement and a supporter of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP). Kollab is also affiliated with the anti-Israel organization Al Awda and with its co-founder, Abbas Hamideh. Kollab is connected to other social media users, whose feeds are replete with anti-Jewish posts. These connections are detailed at the bottom of this profile....
- Rachel Wolf, Marcy Oster, "Ex-Cleveland Clinic resident makes antisemitic posts, has license revoked". JTA, JPost, August 22, 2020 “hahha ewww.. ill purposely give all the yahood [Jews] the wrong meds…,” Kollab tweeted in January 2012. When she was accepted to Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, a private Jewish university in New York City, she deleted the tweets and comments, but some were already preserved as screenshots. In an August 2013 post, Kollab wrote in Arabic, “May Allah take back [end the lives] of the Jews so we stop being forced to go to those unclean ones.” in December 2018, after the posts were discovered, Kollab was fired.
- "Cleveland hospital denounces anti-Semitic comments made by former resident." By Diana Stancy Correll. Washington Examiner, January 02, 2019 The comments made by Lara Kollab ... In one tweet from 2012, she said she would “purposely give all the yahood the wrong meds,” using an Arabic reference for Jews. She also claimed that same year that the Holocaust was “exaggerated and the victimization of the jews (ignoring the others killed) is overdone.” “I don't mean to sound insensitive but I have a REALLY hard time feeling bad about Holocaust seeing as the ppl who were in it now kill my ppl," she tweeted in 2012.
- Benjamin Weinthal, "BDS ‘Jew-hater’ convicted for violent assault in Germany." The Jerusalem Post, August 5, 2020 Conviction appears to be the first criminal penalty for violent BDS activity. In a dramatic setback to the claim of the BDS campaign that it is a nonviolent initiative targeting the Jewish state, the Berlin court declared Stavit Sinai guilty for her violent conduct. The Berlin daily B.Z. titled its article about the BDS activists at the trial: “It is so shameful. Disgusting hatred of Jews in and in front of the Berlin courtroom.” Sinai’s conviction appears to be the first criminal penalty for violent BDS activity in Germany. The paper reported about the anti-Israel extremist: “Lecturer Stavit S. is guilty. She hit the door of the hall ‘wildly’ from the outside, injuring two people... Either she pays €450, or sits in prison for 30 days.”
- BDS Myth: Israel Commits Ethnic Cleansing and Genocide. By Maccabee Task Force July 19, 2016 Yes, they actually go there. The BDSers accuse the greatest victims of ethnic cleansing of committing ethnic cleansing. And they accuse the greatest victims of genocide of perpetrating genocide. You sure can’t blame BDS for lacking nerve. Both accusations are disgusting lies. Let’s start with ethnic cleansing. The crux of the complaint is that after Israel declared its independence in 1948 it went to work expelling its Arabs residents in order to create an exclusively Jewish state. In the process, 700,000 Arabs were forced from their homes. The truth is the exact opposite. In 1947, the United Nations voted to partition Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab. This Jewish state was to have a sizeable Arab minority. Palestine’s Jews enthusiastically accepted this compromise. They actually danced in the streets to celebrate. The Arabs had a different reaction. The leaders of Palestine’s Arabs and the surrounding Arab states all rejected the partition of Palestine into two states. Instead, they vowed to destroy the Jewish state. The day after the UN vote, Palestinian Arabs launched a sustained series of guerilla attacks against their Jewish neighbors. And when the British officially departed Palestine in May of 1948, five neighboring Arab states invaded Israel. Before the Arabs launched this war to destroy Israel, there were no Palestinian refugees – not one. The Palestinian refugee crisis was the direct result of this Arab aggression. Wars are terrifying, and the large majority of Palestinian refugees simply fled the fighting as it approached their villages. In the limited cases where Israel expelled Arabs, it did so because of a clear military necessity created by this war. Having to flee one’s home is a terrible tragedy. No one should deny the human suffering experienced by these hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees. But recognizing their suffering does not require us to blindly blame Israel for it. The ultimate responsibility for the Palestinian refugee crisis rests with those Arab leaders who rejected Israel’s creation and launched a war to destroy it. The claim of genocide is just as easily disproven. Simply out, Israel has never had a policy of intentionally harming Palestinian civilians. Quite to the contrary, even during wartime Israel goes to extraordinary measures to protect Palestinian civilians. These efforts to safeguard Palestinian lives – efforts that expose Israeli soldiers to far greater risk – are the exact opposite of genocide. These are the policies of a government that values all human life. The math could not be clearer. Genocides – the intentional mass murder of certain groups of people – shrink the population of the targeted group. Hitler’s Holocaust, for example, reduced Europe’s Jewish population from 9.5 million in 1933 to 3.5 million in 1950. How much has the Palestinian population shrunk as the result of Israeli policies? It hasn’t shrunk at all. Quite to the contrary, since the birth of Israel there has been a sustained Palestinian population boom. In 1947, there were approximately 1.2 million Arabs living in the British Mandate for Palestine. Today — despite the fact that many hundreds of thousands have left this territory — that original number has grown to approximately 6 million (4.4 million Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza plus 1.8 million Arab citizens of the Israel). There are actually more Arabs living in Israel today than were living in all of Palestine when the state of Israel was created. Simply put, if Israel is trying to commit genocide against the Palestinians, it’s doing a terrible job of it.
- BDS campaign a prelude to genocide. By Devin Sper. JewishAZ, May 14, 2014 ... certainly unaware of the ultimate goal of the movement’s Palestinian organizers, for whom the campaign to delegitimize Israel is not an end unto itself. As Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu wrote: “Slander is the prelude to murder.” Israel’s enemies demonize Israel as a necessary prelude to her annihilation. Stated simply, their goal is genocide. What, after all, does Hamas intend in calling for the “obliteration” of Israel, in its charter? Aren’t the continual chants of “Death to Israel” by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah and his supporters a call for genocide? What else does former Iranian President Ahmedinijad’s call for Israel to be “wiped off the map” mean if not genocide against its Jewish inhabitants? Unmasking the Palestinian goal of genocide is the key to preventing its actualization... That the Palestinians have not succeeded in their ultimate goal of exterminating the Jews of Israel does not make their attempts any less heinous. Every time Israel’s enemies call for her destruction, we need to point out that they are in essence calling for genocide. Nor should we accept the characterization of such calls for genocide against the Jews of Israel as mere hyperbole. Israel’s enemies have gone well beyond advocating genocide against Israel. Palestinian Arabs have murdered 3,000 Israeli civilians and wounded 25,000 in a campaign of terror lasting well over a century. Since 1948, the armies of their Arab supporters have killed 20,000 and wounded 100,000 Israeli soldiers. Is there any doubt that every Jew in Israel would have been murdered had Israel lost the war in 1948, 1956 or 1967, or any of the wars of annihilation launched against her? There is no question but that the Palestinians and their allies would have fulfilled their vows of genocide against the Jews, as they in fact did on overrunning Hebron in 1929 and Gush Etzion in 1948. Every future Palestinian atrocity against Israel hands us an opportunity to point out that mass murder of Jews is not merely their tactic, but their goal. Not only do the Palestinians practice and preach genocide against the Jews but, in a demonically cleaver twist, they also accuse the Jews of genocide whenever we defend ourselves against them. Many, especially in endemically anti-Semitic Europe, have proven all too ready to accept such transparent Palestinian slander against Israel at face value... A Palestinian movement identified with its genocidal goal will not be so readily embraced by misguided intellectuals in the media, academia and the arts. In doing so, European elites would no longer assuage their guilt over the Holocaust, but compound it. Their self-righteous hectoring of Israel would be replaced by the extreme discomfort of having to explain their support of a movement bent on genocide and they would soon find themselves a new cause célèbre. The campaign to delegitimize Israel has succeeded until now because it follows the cardinal rules of propaganda: Boil the essence of your idea down to a simple, powerful, memorable slogan (in this case a single word: “occupation”), stay on message and repeat it at every opportunity. I once observed Yasser Arafat’s response to an uncharacteristically difficult question in a TV interview. Ignoring the question completely, Arafat turned directly to the camera and simply said, “Occupation, occupation, occupation!” This slogan had nothing to do with the question nor is “occupation” the root cause of the conflict, but the consistent repetition of this slogan by Palestinian spokesmen over decades has been an extremely effective tool in demonizing Israel. Occupation has become the lens through which most of the world now views the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the root cause of Israel’s pariah status and ever-increasing isolation. Acceptance of the false portrayal of Jews as foreign occupiers in their ancient homeland is the reason that Jewish settlements there are viewed as a violation of international law. Occupation is the original sin justifying every Palestinian atrocity, in the minds of their apologists, as the understandable rage of an occupied people. ... Palestinian enemy’s campaign against Israel and boil our message down to a single, but in our case true, and even more emotionally powerful word, and repeat it at every opportunity. The answer to “Occupation, occupation, occupation” is “Genocide, genocide, genocide!”
- Letter from an Arab to a Jew who supports BDS. The demise of Israel as a Jewish state would extinguish the only hope remaining for progressive Arabs like him. Apr. 8, 2016, 8:29 PM
- Profile of BDS promoter (dangerously pro racist anti-Jewish terror; ridiculously contradictory). Aug 3, 2020