- That Socialism is democratic and espouses equality for the betterment of the human condition.
- That Marxist ideology is not responsible for the mass extermination of 94 million people.
- That true genuine socialism has never really been tried by any government claiming to be socialist.
- Death by Government, By R.J. Rummel, New Brunswick, N.J.: Transaction Publishers, 1994.
- Werth, Nicolas; Panné, Jean-Louis; Paczkowski, Andrzej; Bartosek, Karel; Margolin, Jean-Louis (October 1999), Courtois, Stéphane, ed., The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression, Harvard University Press.