A rabid anti-Trump fanatic, Maddow once was a critic of "outsourcing" and unfair trade deals that have destroyed the American middle class. In March 2019, Maddow emotionally broke down and cried on-air on her show in response to the conclusion of the Mueller Report vindicating President Donald Trump and discrediting her fake news reports on the "Trump-Russia collusion" political witch hunt. What she claimed would happen, which she reported as if it were "fact," was thoroughly debunked by the report that no collusion or obstruction of justice was found.
In September 2017, conservative Sean Hannity had his show moved to the 9 pm EDT time slot, putting him in direct competition with Maddow. Hannity has received much higher ratings than her, despite her rise in ratings pushing the Russia collusion hoax since early 2017. Her ratings crashed and burned following the Mueller report.
Maddow has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, and earned a doctorate from Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar. She previously worked for Al Gore and Al Franken's now-defunct Air America radio network. Maddow is one of the few openly homosexual personalities in the mainstream news media. Maddow frequently makes crude sexual innuendos in reference to the Tea Party. Like almost everyone at the MSNBC network, she has a secular world view and uses her position in the media to advance her morally bankrupt homosexual agenda. In 2010, some liberal Democrats circulated rumors that Maddow might be drafted to run for the US Senate contest in Massachusetts for the 2012 election against Republican, Scott Brown. Maddow has exploited the tragedies suffered by families and victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks to promote socialism. Maddow openly derides Conservative values and the Republican Party. As a self described "commie lib", Maddow has not been known to criticize any extreme leftists or agenda.
Maddow is a critic of David Koch and Charles Koch. However, she refuses to admit the liberal hypocrisy inherent in calling them out while ignoring similar actions by MSNBC parent company Comcast and myriad other groups.
Maddow has used her show to promulgate a number of conspiracy theories including:
- Claimed that daily press briefings by the Coronavirus Task Force during the national emergency were "gong to cost lives."
- Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 Presidential election.
- Putin is using blackmail or compromat against Trump to pressure the US into enacting Russian-friendly policies and giving Trump secret orders when they meet.
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was selected for the post at Putin's request.
- Trump is withholding his tax returns to either hide massive financial gains that he didn't pay enough taxes on or massive losses that he recovered from with the help of wealthy Russian investors.
- A hacker compromised Anthony Weiner's Twitter account and posted the suggestive photos in an attempt to humiliate the Congressman.
- The Boston Marathon bombers didn't commit their attack because they're Islamists, but because they had read the book The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and were anti-Semitic.
Maddow, MSNBC, Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal were sued by OANN for defamation and $10 million in damages when Maddow said on the air in July 2019 that OANN “really literally is paid Russian propaganda.”
"Have you no decency ma'am, at long last?"
Cornell Law School professor and media critic William A. Jacobson told Fox News,
“Rachel Maddow’s success was a one-trick pony. That trick was Trump-Russia conspiracy theories on an Alex Jones level of crazy. After the Mueller report, Maddow’s decline was inevitable. She got a respite due to impeachment hysteria, but now that that too has passed, there’s no reason for anyone except the hardcore left to watch her. Her decline could be permanent unless some other political paranoid delusion draws people back to her.”
“I think this is a battle of extreme idiocy and that favors CNN. Maddow has two strikes against her — she tends to be wonky and she lost a lot of leftist support when she was massively wrong about Russia. Even the left has the standard of wanting their pundits not to make them look bad."
- AARP Supplemental
- Ace Hardware
- Aleve PM Bayer US
- Allstate Insurance
- America's Natural Gas / America's Natural Gas Alliance
- Bank of America
- Best Western Insurance
- Cialis (owned by Eli Lilly)
- Cisco Systems
- Expedia, Inc.
- FreeCreditReport.com (owned by Experian)
- Land Rover
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Pampers (owned by Procter & Gamble)
- People Magazine Time, Inc.
- Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean
- POM Pomegranate Juice
- Procter & Gamble
- Progressive Insurance
- Pure Sleep Company
- Residence Inn (owned by Marriott)
- Spectrum Charter Communications
- TempurPedic mattresses
- Velveeta (owned by Kraft)
- Volkswagen Volkswagen Group of America
- V-8 Campbell's 
- The Dark Side of the Outsourcing Revolution, By Naeem Mohaiemen, AlterNet, January 23, 2004.
- Does Outsourcing Create Racism? Yahoo Answers.
- Is 'Outsourced' racist? NBC's new comedy, set in a Mumbai call center, is drawing charges that it's culturally insensitive, Review, The Week, September 24, 2010.
- Outsourced Racism, New Republic, Neera Tanden, May 5, 2010.
- "at the World Economic Forum trade a British unionist, Philip Jennings, boldly declared that outsourcing white-collar jobs to low-wage developing countries, especially India and China, would provoke ... opposition of developed-world labour unions to trade liberalisation, especially in relation to outsourcing, imports of cheap consumer goods and labour migration, can easily fuel racism within the West in the 21st century." 
- Transcript: The Rachel Maddow Show, Thursday. October 14, 2010.
- Conspiracy Theorist Rachel Maddow CRIES ON AIR Over Mueller Report and Announcement That There Will Be No More Indictments at the Gateway Pundit
- Special Counsel Investigation Finds No Trump Collusion with Russia at Breitbart News Network
- Schwartz, Jason (September 29, 2017). Hannity beats Maddow in first week of 9 p.m. showdown. Politico. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- Enloe, Chris (September 30, 2017). Sean Hannity is now in head-to-head competition with Rachel Maddow — and the ratings just came in. The Blaze. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- Beck, Conor (September 29, 2017). Hannity Beats Maddow in First Week at 9 P.M. Hour. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- Maddow: "How about we get together as Americans and agree to get health care for the heros of 9/11." The Rachel Maddow Show transcript, MSNBC, September 9, 2010. 
- The Rachel Maddow Show' transcript 10/15/2010 - Maddow's criticism of shipping American jobs to China.