Kathleen M. “Katie” Hobbs (born December 28, 1969) is a Democrat who as of 2021 was serving as the Arizona Secretary of State. Hobbs knew the Maricopa county election servers were hacked on election night, November 3, 2020 and remained silent. She is known for her shilling of election fraud, namely working against the 2021–21 Arizona audit and refusing to allow an independent analysis of the 2020 presidential election in the state.
In 2016, Arizona passed a bill to restrict ballot harvesting unless the person collecting the ballot is a family member, a person living in the same household, or a caregiver. After Hobbs failed to defend the law, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich intervened on behalf of the state. The U.S. Supreme Court sided with Arizona and Brnovich in the case of Brnovich v. DNC and upheld the law.
In May 2021 the Arizona legislature striped Hobbs from hearing any Arizona audit-related lawsuits.
- See also: 2020 presidential election
- Two massive vote dumps occurred in just over an hour after the Arizona polls closed totally ~625,000 and ~1,473,000 votes, respectively.
- The total of those two vote dumps (2,098,619) exceeded the official results total of Maricopa County votes cast (2,089,563) by more than 9,000 votes.
- Joe Biden received more votes in those two vote dumps (1,161,582) than the official vote tally (1,040,774) in Maricopa County.
- Hoft, Joe (July 5, 2021). Attorney Matt DePerno: A Security Breach of Election Registration Servers in Arizona Occurred on Nov. 3 – Sec of State Hobbs Knew About It But Kept It Hidden. Gateway Pundit. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- Baumann, Beth (November 11, 2020). Here's Why Arizona's SOS Refuses to Allow an 'Independent Analysis' of Voting Data to Take Place. Townhall.com. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- Howe, Amy (July 1, 2021). Court upholds Arizona voting restrictions, limits cases under Voting Rights Act. SCOTUSblog. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- Two references:
- Phillips, Mark (May 25, 2021). Appropriations Committee votes to strip Secretary of State Katie Hobbs of roles. ABC 15. Retrieved July 7, 2021.
- Hoft, Jim (May 25, 2021). Breaking: After Continual Trashing of Senate Audit – Republican Led Committee STRIPS Democrat Katie Hobbs from Hearing any Audit-Related Lawsuits until 2023. Gateway Pundit. Retrieved July 7, 2021.