Humboldt State University
|Humboldt State University|
|Colors:||Green and Gold|
|Degrees:||BA, BS, MA, MBA, MFA, MS|
Humboldt State University is a public California State University that is noted for its programs in the life sciences. Originally founded as a teacher's college, it has grown over the years into a bachelor's and master's degree granting institution.
MBA Accreditation Controversy
The Chair of the School of Business, Professor Saeed Mortazavi caused a controversy when he mentioned in October 2009 that the MBA program was not accredited by the AACSB, potentially harming graduates when applying for jobs. While the School is looking into accreditation, the low numbers of graduate students and lack of accreditation could lead to it being dismantled in the expected budget cuts.
- Humboldt County, California
- Medical marijuana
- Professor values
- Jerry Brown and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- California and Northern California
- San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco: San Francisco values and the Homosexual agenda
- Berkeley and Oakland
- University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University and University of California, Davis
- Gun control—The San Francisco Bay Area as a whole (especially Santa Cruz and Berkeley), along with Los Angeles, Washington D.C., New York City and Chicago, is known to be one of the 5 top American urban regions with the most left-wing Anti-Second Amendment laws, yet high crime rates. See "Vote with your feet" strategic relocation to free states with low population density
- Higher education: Humboldt State University Launches Marijuana Institute, The Daily Caller, November 27, 2012.
- Fee hikes, accreditation concern MBA students at HSU, Willits News, October 15, 2009.