|Junior U.S. Senator from Missouri|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|42nd Attorney General of Missouri|
From: January 9, 2017 – January 3, 2019
- Senator Josh Hawley was Conservative of the Year 2019
Joshua David “Josh” Hawley, born December 31, 1979 (age 41), is the conservative U.S. Senator from Missouri, serving since 2019. He is a Republican and defeated pro-abort liberal Democrat Claire McCaskill in the 2018 midterm elections. Previously, he served as Missouri Attorney General and also worked for conservative legal organizations such as The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and Alliance Defending Freedom.
As a U.S. Senator, Hawley has taken the lead on requiring judicial nominees who respect the U.S. Constitution and who are not pro-abortion. Sen. Hawley has forcefully promoted strongly conservative positions on multiple issues.
After vowing to object to the "results" of the 2020 U.S. presidential election, Hawley's Washington, D.C. home, where his wife and newborn baby were, was surrounded by a militant mob of far-left activists in early January 2021, some of which tried to pound on the door to further harass and intimidate his family.
- Fiscally and Socially Conservative
- Nationalism over globalism
- Changes to CDA 230
- Multiple references:
- Binder, John (May 26, 2019). Watch–Josh Hawley Rips ‘Aristocratic Elite’ for Engineering U.S. Economy Against American Middle Class. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Bokhari, Allum (May 6, 2019). Sen. Josh Hawley: Big Tech a ‘Source of Peril’ for American Society. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Binder, John (July 20, 2019). Watch–Josh Hawley: Globalization Working for the ‘Cosmopolitan Class,’ Not the ‘Great American Middle’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Moran, Sean (July 19, 2019). Josh Hawley: ‘Liberal Language Police’ Lost Their Minds over ‘Cosmopolitan’ Scandal. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Pinkerton, James P. (May 22, 2019). Josh Hawley, the Senator From Main Street. The American Conservative. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Hawley, Josh (July 20, 2019). Restoring the Great American Middle. The American Conservative. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Binder, John (August 3, 2019). Watch–Josh Hawley: ‘Elite Consensus’ for ‘Open Markets, Open Borders’ Disregards American Middle Class. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- Binder, John (November 1, 2019). Josh Hawley: Bush’s Globalist ‘New World Order’ Has Made the Elites Rich, Eroded ‘Middle Class Way of Life’. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- Moran, Sean (November 12, 2019). Josh Hawley: ‘Burden’ of U.S. Forever Wars Falls ‘Disproportionately’ on ‘Working-Class’ Americans. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Hawley, Josh (November 24, 2019). End ‘Forever Wars’ and Face China’s Threat. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- Lehman, Charles Fain (December 12, 2019). Josh Hawley, populism's philosopher-in-chief. Washington Examiner. Retrieved December 15, 2019.
- Multiple sources:
- Doe, John. “Senator Hawley on Impeachment Trial Opening Arguments.” C-Span, 22 Jan. 2020, www.c-span.org/video/?468383-101%2Fsenator-hawley-impeachment-trial-opening-arguments.
- Schwartz, Ian. “Sen. Hawley: Trump Impeachment A Joke, ‘It's Time To Get The President Exonerated.’” RealClearPolitics, 17 Dec. 2019, www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/12/17/sen_hawley_trump_impeachment_a_joke_its_time_to_get_the_president_exonerated.html.
- Hoft, Jim (January 4, 2021). VIOLENT LEFTIST MOB Swarms and Attacks Senator Hawley’s DC Home — Pounding on Door, Screaming Threats — Terrorizing His Wife and Newborn Baby. Gateway Pundit. Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- SENATOR HAWLEY INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO AMEND SECTION 230 IMMUNITY FOR BIG TECH COMPANIES
- Profile at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress