|John E. James|
|Born|| June 8, 1981|
|Alma mater||United States Military Academy|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2004 – 2012|
|Battles/wars||Operation Iraqi Freedom|
|Awards|| Combat Action Badge|
Air Assault Badge
- Not to be confused with John James Conyers Jr., the disgraced (and now deceased) former U.S. representative from Detroit
James enrolled in West Point at the age of seventeen and graduated in 2004. He then became a qualified aviation officer during the Iraq War and served for eight years before being honorably discharged.
2018 U.S. Senate election in Michigan
James ran against incumbent Democrat Debbie Stabenow for the U.S. Senate in 2018 and lost by 6.5% of the vote. Despite losing by a significant number of votes, James did better than many expected. His defeat has been largely attributed to Stabenow's strong backing by farmers in Michigan, many of whom are conservative but supported Stabenow's policies.
Brenda Battel, a reporter for the Huron Daily Tribune, after leaving a voicemail for James' campaign pretending to only want a "phone interview", attempted to hang up without actually doing so and, unknowing she was still on the line, admitted her bias, saying, "Man, if he [James] beats her… [blasphemy]! F***ing John James. That would suck! Whew I don’t think it’s going to happen though."
2020 U.S. Senate election in Michigan
On June 6, 2019, James announced his campaign for the upcoming 2020 Senate election in Michigan.
Several polls from January to February 2020 ranked that the race will either "lean blue" or be "likely blue." In addition, one poll found that James was leading Peters by just under 1% in contrast to all other polls.
One poll from the Baldwin Wallace University found that Peters was beating James by almost over 10%. Note that this is from the same polling organization that predicted in October 2016 for the 2016 U.S. presidential election that Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump in Ohio by over 8% of the vote. The actual results later was that Trump beat Clinton in the state by 8.6% of the vote.
General election results
While James held a clear lead over Peters on Election Night, it fell after new "ballots" were counted, and he currently trails by 1.6% of the votes cast. Despite refusing to concede amidst likely election fraud, MSM outlets declared Peters the winner.
- John James’ Wife Elizabeth James: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- A Life Devoted to Service Before Self
- United States Senate election in Michigan, 2018
- Michigan Senate Election Results
- TRF MI Sen '18 Oct Poll Report.pdf
- Why Debbie Stabenow has staying power with Michigan farmers
- EXCLUSIVE: Michigan Reporter Caught On Tape Saying ‘F**k Could You Imagine John James Winning’ (Warning: Audio recording within article contains foul language and blasphemy)
- John James announces 2020 campaign for U.S. Senate
- Who wins 2020? Senate Election Prediction
- 2020 Senate – Sabito's Crystal Ball
- 2020 Senate Race Ratings
- EXCLUSIVE: Poll Shows John James Leading Gary Peters In Tight Michigan Senate Race. Difference Is Within Margin Of Error
- The Baldwin Wallace University Great Lakes Poll In partnership with Oakland University and Ohio Northern University January 21, 2020
- Baldwin Wallace CRI poll shows Hillary Clinton surging ahead in Ohio
- 2016 Ohio Presidential Election Results
- Michigan Senate Election Results 2020
- John James refuses to concede defeat; Sen Gary Peters calls it pathetic
- Multiple references:
- John James on the Issues