|U.S. Representative from Texas's 20th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2013 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former State Representative from Texas's 125th District|
From: January 3, 2003 – January 14, 2013
Joaquin Castro, born September 16, 1974 (age 46), is the Democratic Party representative from Texas' 20th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives. Joaquin is one of two of the communist Castro brothers (not Raul and Fidel), the twin brother of Julian Castro, former Obama Secretary of HUD and 2020 Presidential candidate. Joaquin won re-election unopposed in the 2018 Midterm Elections. He is a co-sponsor of the Green New Deal.
In the hearings with disgraced FBI director James Comey on March 20, 2017, Castro spent most of his time referring to the “dirty dossier” published by BuzzFeed, which has long been discredited, and bringing up the names of various Trump supporters, asking FBI Director Comey if they were targets of the investigation into Russian influence on the elections –knowing perfectly well that Comey would not and could not answer. The idea was simply to bring up the names in a forum in which they couldn't defend themselves: that's what the politics of innuendo is all about.
- “It’s Called Fascism”: Dan Crenshaw Unloads On Joaquin Castro’s Doxxing Tactics, Says Censure Should Be Considered.
- H.Res.109 - Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.. congress.gov. Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- Expanding the Rules of Engagement. Commentary Magazine.
- Schouten, Fredreka (August 7, 2019). Rep. Joaquin Castro tweets names, employers of Trump donors in San Antonio/ CNN. Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- Adam Schiff: Grifter, Racketeer, Warmonger.
- Budryk, Zack (February 10, 2021). Castro: Trump further incited the mob 'against his own vice president'. The Hill. Retrieved February 10, 2021.