The Traditional Values Coalition states regarding the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) that co-sponsored a workshop where "instructors encouraged children as young as 14 years of age to engage in life-threatening sex acts.":
|“|| GLSEN targets children for recruitment into the homosexual lifestyle...through GLSEN chapters that sponsor hundreds of Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) clubs on junior high and high school campuses across the United States.
GLSEN gets into schools by claiming that homosexual and transgender students need to feel safe and encouraged; and that so-called homosexual/transgender teens have high rates of suicide and need a support group. When this tactic fails, GLSEN then threatens legal action against school districts that refuse to allow these recruitment clubs on campus. The American Civil Liberties Union has volunteered to serve as the enforcement arm of GLSEN to impose a homosexual agenda on the nation's public schools.
Promotion of the homosexual agenda in public schools
Many public schools throughout the United States promote the homosexual agenda, oftentimes through publicly-funded school programs created by GLSEN. Much of this was the work of the Obama Administration. GLSEN also promotes the homosexual agenda through a "day of silence." In 2016, California became the first state to legislate the teaching of the homosexual agenda in public schools to children as young as second grade. These California students are now banned from opting-out from this indoctrination. New Jersey legislators passed a law requiring the homosexual agenda to be taught in public schools, and in 2019, Illinois enacted a law requiring public and even private schools to teach "the role and contributions of [LGBT] people in [U.S. and Illinois history]." Other states mandate the teaching of "LGBT history."
In schools where the homosexual agenda is promoted, students who promote the Confederate flag may expect to face disciplinary actions. In March 2019, an Ohio public school student was suspended for posting Bible verses next to homosexual flags.
In the UK
In 2018, Scotland became the first "country" to require "LGBT+" education in schools, with no exemptions or opt-outs. In February 2019, the UK Department of Education announced that public school children starting at the age of five would be required to learn about homosexual and transgender relationships, with parents being unable to withdraw their children from such classes.
- Prokop, Hannah (November 11, 2016). Prairie Ridge High School suspends student for wearing Confederate flag to school. Northwest Herald. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Botts, Jackie (May 3, 2019). ABCs of LGBTQ history mandated for more U.S. public schools. Reuters. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- Heyer, Walt (June 8, 2015). Public School LGBT Programs Don't Just Trample Parental Rights. They Also Put Kids at Risk. The Witherspoon Institute -- Public Discourse. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (April 11, 2015). Day of Silence: How the LGBT Agenda Is Hijacking America’s Youth. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (July 19, 2016). California: 1st State To Teach LGBT Curriculum — to Second Graders. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (January 4, 2018). Students Banned From Opting Out of LGBT Education. The New American. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Del Guidice, Rachel (April 29, 2019). Parents protest extreme pro-LGBT school curricula legislation at New Jersey state house. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Mastrangelo, Alana (August 11, 2019). Illinois Governor Mandates LGBT History Curriculum for Public Schools. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Folley, Aris (August 10, 2019). Illinois passes law requiring LGBT history curriculum be taught in schools. The Hill. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Ernst, Douglas (August 12, 2019). LGBTQ history curriculum required for Illinois public schools. The Washington Times. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Mainwaring, Doug (August 16, 2019). More states pledge to include ‘LGBT history’ in school curriculums. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Wyoming school district bans Confederate flags, allows gay-pride ones. The Washington Times (from the Associated Press). April 20, 2019. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- Gstalter, Morgan (March 13, 2019). Ohio student suspended for 'targeting' Gay-Straight Alliance by posting Bible verses in response to LGBT flags. The Hill. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- Kaplan, Talia (March 12, 2019). Ohio student suspended after posting Bible verses around school: 'I wanted to spread the word of God'. Fox News. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- Chasmar, Jessica (November 9, 2018). Scotland becomes first country to require LGBT+ education. The Washington Times. Retrieved November 10, 2018.
- Cummings McLean, Dorothy (November 14, 2018). Scotland pushes LGBT agenda into Catholic schools. Bishops hope ‘impact…will be positive for all’. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Tennant, Michael (February 27, 2019). U.K. Schools to Indoctrinate Kids as Young as Five in LGBT Agenda. The New American. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- McLean, Dorothy Cummings (March 25, 2019). Christian mom sues UK primary school for forcing LGBT Pride celebrations on kids. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- Education Minister: Parents Can’t Veto LGBT Lessons for Children. Breitbart News. April 11, 2019. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Friedman, Victoria (June 26, 2019). Conservative Schools Minister: All Primary Children Will Learn About Same-Sex Relationships. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
|Abuse • Acts • Agenda • Alcoholism • Anglophones • Animals • Arguments against • Beliefs • Bible • Brokeback Mountain • California ban • Causes • Choices • Civil union • Cross dressing • Cupid • Diversity • Domestic violence • Don't ask • Drugs • Ex-homosexuals • Gay • Gay pride • Gay rights • Greece • Genetics • Health • Heroism • Holocaust • Homophobia • Laws • Lesbianism • Media • Mental • Murder • Nazis • Obsession • Opponents • Outing • Overcoming • Quotes • Research • Revisionism • Rome • Schools • Scotland • Smoking • Society • Statistics • Teenagers • Therapy • Views • Violence • Persecution by atheists|