Google trends - Atheism and agnosticism terms
Google Trends shows how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total search-volume. It provides Google search volume data across various regions of the world, and in various languages.
Below are resources related to Google trends data of popular atheism/agnosticism/evolution terms.
- 1 Google trends - Atheism/agnosticism/evolutionary terms
- 2 January 2004 to 2020 Google trends: Worldwide searches for atheism and agnosticism searches
- 3 June of 2018: Atheism and agnosticism related searches in the United States - Google trends. Drop post high profile sexual harassment claims against prominent atheists
- 4 2019 Google trends graphs for the terms: Atheism, atheist, Richard Dawkins, agnostic and agnosticism
- 5 Elevatorgate
- 6 Google trends data for monthly Google searches for the term "PZ Myers"
- 7 Atheist Dan Barker: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
- 8 Skeptic Michael Shermer: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
- 9 Atheist Christopher Hitchens: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
- 10 James Randi: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
- 11 See also
- 12 External links
- 13 Notes
Google trends - Atheism/agnosticism/evolutionary terms
Google trends measures the interest in various words/phrases as far as Google searches over time.
Below is Google trends data for various terms relating to atheism/agnosticism for various countries and the the world as a whole:
Agnostic Google trends:
Agnosticism Google trends:
Term atheist, last 12 months:
Term atheism, last 12 months
Term humanist (often refers to secular humanism):
Term humanism (often refers to secular humanism):
Other specific atheism terms:
Worldwide interest in evolutionary ideas:
- Worldwide interest in evolutionary ideas
- Worldwide online interest in Jesus vs. worldwide online interest in Charles Darwin
Online interest in Jesus is growing while internet atheism/agnosticism/evolutionism is in a slump
According to Google trends data, online interest in Jesus Christ is growing, while online interest in atheism, agnosticism and evolutionism topical areas is declining or is stagnating. See also: Internet atheism
Google trends: Richard Dawkins searches have seen a marked decline
See also: Richard Dawkins' loss of influence
January 2004 to 2020 Google trends: Worldwide searches for atheism and agnosticism searches
Google trends USA data from January 2004 to January 2020
See also: Internet atheism
2019 Google trends graphs for the terms: Atheism, atheist, Richard Dawkins, agnostic and agnosticism
September 2019 Google trends world graphs
September 2019 Google trends USA graphs
Richard Dawkins is still widely criticized for causing embarrassment to his fellow atheists via his Elevatorgate scandal and for igniting deep fractures in the atheist movement. For example, on November 26, 2013, the atheist activist and blogger Jen McCreight posted at Twitter the message: "Did anyone on Dawkins AMA ask how he feels about singlehandedly destroying the atheist movement with the Dear Muslima yet?" In December of 2013, atheist Jack Vance at Atheist Revolution called July 2, 2011, which is the day that Elevatorgate occurred, "The day the atheist movement died."
Richard Dawkins: Google Trends data for searches on "Richard Dawkins" from 2004 to 2020
See also: Richard Dawkins' loss of influence
Graph showing Richard Dawkins' loss of influence post Elevatatorgate
As can be seen by the graph below, by means of embedded code on his website from Quantcast, Quantcast directly measures the web traffic of Richard Dawkins' website. Traffic to Dawkins website is significantly down post-Elevatorgate scandal. See also: Internet atheism
Although his following of Dawkian atheist has significantly waned post-Elevatorgate and due to his generally abrasive manner, he does retain a small cult following (See: Richard Dawkins' loss of influence and Richard Dawkins' cult of personality and Atheist cults).
Web traffic of Richard Dawkins' website has seen a dramatic drop
Alexa ranking of Richard Dawkins' website
Google trends data for monthly Google searches for the term "PZ Myers"
See also: PZ Myers' loss of influence
Below is a Google trends data graph related to monthly Google searches for the term "PZ Myers".
Atheist Dan Barker: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
See also: Dan Barker
Skeptic Michael Shermer: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
See also: Michael Shermer
Atheist Christopher Hitchens: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
See also: Christopher Hitchens
James Randi: Google trends data from 2004 to 2020
See also: James Randi
- Attention atheists, Google trends indicates: You are in a slump!
- Jesus vs. Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers - Jesus wins!
- Round 2: Jesus vs. Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers - Jesus triumphs again! Onward Christian soldiers!
- Internet atheism: The thrill is gone!
- 2012 is shaping up to be a BAD year for atheism and evolutionism! Great new charts and developments!
- Lawrence Krauss sent on paid leave by Arizona University in wake of harassment allegations, The Australian, 2018
- This Firebrand Atheist Was Just Fired After Allegations Of Financial Conflicts And Sexual Assault
- Richard Dawkins: Skeptic of women? - Salon, July 8, 2011
- Sharing a lift with Richard Dawkins by David Allen Green - New Stateman - 06 July 2011
- Richard Dawkins Torn Limb From Limb—By Atheists - Gawker
- Atheists address sexism issues - USA Today
- Richard Dawkins, check the evidence on the 'chilly climate' for women by Emily Band, The Guardian, July 24, 2011
- Richard Dawkins and male privilege By Phil Plait, Discover Magazine, July 5, 2011 10:30 am
- Jennifer McCreight on the Twitter about the Elevatorgate scandal
- The Day the Atheist Movement Died by Jack Vance at Atheist Revolution
- 2012 has been a very BAD year for Richard Dawkins's website according to Quantcast
- Richard Dawkins' loss of influence
- It Stands to Reason, Skeptics Can Be Sexist Too: I spoke out about sexual harassment among atheists and scientists. Then came the rape threats by Rebecca Watson, Slate, October 2012
- Quantcast - Quantcast Measure
- Web traffic of Richard Dawkins' main website
- Apparently, the atheist PZ Myers recognizes that the New Atheism movement failed and that the 21st century is going to be a century of desecularization, Examining Atheism