Racism and the Democratic Party
Contrary to what uninformed liberals believe, the Ku Klux Klan was an outgrowth of the Democrat Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is a member of the ACLU, but every member of the ACLU is a Democrat. The same is true with the Klan.
After the war, Democrat legislatures enacted "Black Codes", denying black Americans the rights of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.
Even to this day, the KKK (as do similar racist groups and movements such as Black Lives Matter and La Raza) are supportive of the Democrats. During the 2016 United States presidential election, the KKK supported Hillary Clinton for President, whose mentor, the late Democrat senator Robert Byrd, was a longtime KKK member. This came after the Klan attempted, in possible collusion with the Democrats, to discredit Donald Trump and his campaign by publicly pretending to "support" him (and in so doing, fabricated a false link between the KKK and the Republicans and falsely labeled the GOP as the "racist" party, as the Democrats have done since 1964). This backfired when Trump in particular, and the GOP in general, who have always opposed the KKK and despise what they stand for, rejected the Klan's "endorsement"; thus, the historic Democrat-KKK link, which has long been common knowledge, was brought to light.
Thomas Sowell wrote:
- "Racism" is the trump card in the indictment of Republicans. But the cold fact is that the whole Jim Crow era in the South was dominated by Democrats.
Examples of Democrat racism
- 1857: Democrat Supreme Court Justices ruled that slaves are not citizens and could not expect protection from the federal government. The final tally was 7-2, the only votes in favor of the slave were Republicans, all of the the votes against the slave were Democrats. 
- 1863: Abraham Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation stated that all slaves were now to be free. Lincoln was assassinated 6 days after the Civil War by a Democrat named John Wilkes Booth.
- 1864-1869: Amendments 13-15; outlawed slavery (Amendment 1), made citizens of people who were born in the US, protected all citizens from unfair treatment by the states (Amendment 2) and protected citizens right to vote regardless of race and color (Amendment 3). All of the votes, House and Senate, including revisions, were split down party lines- Republicans in favor of, Democrats against.
- 1865: The Black Codes, created by the Democrats, these codes prevented blacks from things like owning businesses, owning property and voting. 
- 1866: The KKK, another Democrat creation, formed as a "military like" presence to combat radical Republicans, enforce black codes and terrorize anyone who opposed their ideology (sound familiar). 
- 1870's-1965: Jim Crow Laws, created by Democrats, basically a continuation of the Black Codes. Included things like segregation and played a part in restricting jobs and education.
- 1860's-1920's: Lynchings, used by the KKK as a way to strike fear into the hearts and minds of mainly black Americans and others who opposed their ideology.
- 1871: The Enforcement Act, not one Democrat voted for this bill that would punish violence perpetrated by the KKK. The bill did pass, however President Cleveland (another Democrat) repealed most of the bill roughly 15 years later.  
- 1922: Dyer Anti-Lynching Bill did eventually pass but was filibustered by Democrats.
- 1938: New Deal FHA housing discrimination laws.
- 1938: Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt appointment and the Democrat Senate's approval of Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard Hugo Black to the Supreme Court.
- 1941: Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt appointment and the Democrat Senate's approval of segregationist James F. Byrne to the Supreme Court.
- 1960: Civil Rights Act, set forth for voter protection had a 78% Democrat disapproval rating determined by vote.  
- 1964: Civil Rights Act, would end discrimination regardless of race, sex and religion, also provided more voter protection. Roughly 33% of Democrats voted against compared to roughly 19% of Republicans who voted against. Democrats also filibustered for 60 days.
- 1963-1969: Lyndon Johnson, he was quoted as saying "I'll have them n*ggers voting Democrat for 200 years" around the same time that he passed his infamous "Great Society" bills, which consisted of welfare, assisted housing and other programs of that nature. We'll discuss the "Great Society" and it's harm to mainly black Americans but also to poor folks of every color a little later.
- 1996: Hillary Clinton made a comment that inner-city blacks are super-predators and should be brought to heel. 
- 2017: In the wake of the rioting in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017, Wes Bellamy, the Democrat vice-mayor of Charlottesville under mayor Mike Signer and a local educator, was forced to resign his post in the Virginia Board of Education after he was exposed as a racist via his social media comments, which exposed his racist and sexist views.
- 2017: Despite pushing to take down Confederate statues, left-wing activists did not voice any objections to the numerous monuments named after racist Democrat leaders, such as Andrew Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Lyndon Johnson, and Robert Byrd.
- 2018: Many Democrat talking heads made derogatory remarks about Kanye West after he visited the White House to talk with President Trump. One labeled Kanye West as a "token negro" and another said "Kanye West is what happens when negroes don't read." 
- 2020: Democrat Presidential nominee Joe Biden's comment of "you ain't Black" to African American freethinkers wanting to escape the Democrat plantation.
(Please add to the list)
- Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President at U.S. News & World Report
- Pianin, Eric. A Senator's Shame: Byrd, in His New Book, Again Confronts Early Ties to KKK. Washington Post, 2005-06-19, pp. A01
- The Democrat Race Lie at Black & Right
- The Ugly History of Democratic Suppression of Blacks at WND
- https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/86-1960/h106 House Vote Source
- https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/86-1960/s284 Senate Vote
- Charlottesville Democrat Resigns As His Racist Messages LEAK at the Conservative Daily Post
- House, Amanda (August 16, 2017). Safe-Space History: Left-Wing Activists, Complacent Governments Destroy Confederate Monuments Across Nation. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Hawkins, Awr (August 16, 2017). Twelve Memorials that Must Be Removed if Democrats Are Serious About Erasing Racism. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Riehl, Dan (August 16, 2017). D’Souza: Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson ‘a Pretty Good Candidate to Have His Statue Pulled Down’. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.