Jussie Smollett (b. 1982) is a liberal Hollywood actor, singer, director, photographer and five-time convicted felon. Since 2015 Smollett starred in the Fox drama series Empire. He began his career as a child actor in 1987 starring in commercials and films, including The Mighty Ducks (1992) and Rob Reiner's North (1994). Smollett has also appeared in Ridley Scott's science fiction film Alien: Covenant (2017) and in Marshall (2017) as the communist author Langston Hughes. But Smollett's most infamous achievement for which he is best known for was attempting to incite a race war in the United States. CNN and other legacy media outlets swallowed and perpetrated the hoax hook, line, and sinker.
In 2007, Smollett was convicted of giving false information to law enforcement. In 2019 Smollett was charged with 16 felonies in connection with an elaborate hate crime hoax. In a surprise on March 26, 2019, prosecutors in Democrat-controlled Chicago dropped all the charges against Smollett at the behest of Michael LaVaughn Obama prompting Mayor Rahm Emanuel to take the unusual step of decrying Chicago corruption. Despite the public interest in the case the judge granted a motion to seal the records and thereby prevent public scrutiny – the Chicago police released the files regardless. Woke Chicago DA Kim Foxx went out of her way to help Jussie and complained to her deputy that charges against him were 'excessive.' This incident highlighted the connections between the prosecutor Foxx and George Soros.
Two black white supremacists later admitted they were paid $3,500 to carry out the assault on Smollett. On the witness stand Smollett testified that he had consensual sex with the two black white supremacists that assaulted him.
On the witness stand, Smollett admitted to having consensual sex with his alleged attackers before the planned hoax. Smollett was convicted of the fraudulent "hate crime" and making a false police report on Dec 9, 2021 . The incident was widely condemned as detrimental to the civil rights and gay rights movements. Civil Rights attorney Leo Terrell commented, "Jussie Smollett could have been a role model. He has disgraced the Black community and the LGBT because he lied under oath on issues people struggled for decades to have."
Smollett was born on June 21, 1982, in Santa Rosa, California. He has five siblings.
According to Jussie Smollett, he was out grabbing a sandwich at 2 am in seven degrees temperature at a Subway sandwich shop in the Windy City when he was set upon by two white thugs. The attackers, allegedly called him a "f****t", "n****r", and told him "This is MAGA country!" before punching him, kicking him, dousing him with bleach and putting a noose around his neck. Kamala Harris immediately tweeted that the attack was a "modern day lynching." (More than one news outlet claimed Smollett reported the alleged assailants were wearing MAGA hats, but Smollett denied ever alleging this.) The attackers wore red hats.
Sen. Kamala Harris, who is running for the Democratic party nomination in the 2020 presidential election, sponsored an "anti-lynching bill" in the Senate to make lynching a new federal crime in late December 2018. The bill had always previously stalled in the Senate, because it was seen as an unnecessary political gimmick, meant to remind people of historical black oppression in the South. Murdering people with a rope has always been a crime under state law. In the wake of Smollett's faked "noose assault" in Chicago on January 29, Harris's anti-lynching bill unanimously passed the Senate on February 14, 2019. Harris finally laid claim to a legislative accomplishment, but the bill has yet to pass the House of Representatives.
Chicago Police determined that Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian-American (i.e., black – not white) brothers, acquaintances $3,500 to "assault" Jussie in a rehearsed "attack." The brothers produced a receipt for purchase of the rope with money they got from Smollett.
Smollett claims victim status in two liberal identity groups; those within blacks and those within people of bisexual orientation. Mainstream media bought the hoax hook-line-and-sinker. ABC News's Robin Roberts of Good Morning America proved the most gullible (among dozens of others).
On February 21, 2019 Smollett was arrested by Chicago Police for what others claimed as potentially attempting to instigate a race war. Following calls for his arrest for allegedly staging a hate crime, Smollett hired the public relations firm of Sunshine Sachs, whom liberal Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein hired to help defend him amid claims that he sexually assaulted multiple women.
The motivation cited by police was greed. Smollett evidently was not satisfied with his salary in Hollywood, and by claiming to be a victim of Trump supporters would guarantee a raise in Hollywood.
After being mugshot and fingerprinted, Smollett was released on $100,000 bail where he returned to work on the set of Empire. Co-workers were reported to be furious and demanded his firing.African-American conservative commentator on Smollet's racist crime:
"Just imagine if the races were reversed," Owens said. "Imagine if [someone who is White] pretended that two Black men had attacked them. What would the media be saying right now? What would be the charges? What would be the demands right now? This is incredibly racist … [and] meant to cause racial division in this country. At the end of the day, he's going to get a light tap on the wrist if he even gets that."
- Morton, Victor (February 19, 2019). Jussie Smollett was convicted of providing false information to law enforcement in 2007. The Washington Times. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Caralle, Katelyn (February 20, 2019). Jussie Smollett lied to police during DUI stop in 2007. Washington Examiner. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (February 22, 2019). Smollett Lied to Cops in 2007, Could Face Federal Mail-fraud Charges. The New American. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Caplan, Joshua (March 26, 2019). Jussie Smollett Has All Charges Dropped Against Him. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Sager, Jason (March 27, 2019). Jussie Smollett hoax charges dropped, but federal investigation, lawsuits could be next. Fox News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Berger, Judson (March 28, 2019). DOJ, FBI to review ‘outrageous’ Jussie Smollett case, Trump says. Fox News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Spiering, Charlie (March 28, 2019). Donald Trump: Dropped Jussie Smollett Charges ‘An Embarrassment to Our Nation’. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Chakraborty, Barnini (March 27, 2019). Chicago police release files in 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett case, day after charges dramatically dropped. Fox News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Michelle Thompson, Kim Foxx: The woke Chicago DA who tried to help Jussie, Dailymail, Dec 9, 2021.
How woke Chicago DA Kim Foxx went out of her way to help Jussie and complained to her deputy that charges against him were 'excessive'
- Embattled actor Jussie Smollett's initial charges for filing a fake police report were dropped in 2019 by the Cook County State Attorney's office
- Top prosecutor Kim Foxx recused herself from the original charges against him after liaising with Smollett's family at the behest of MeToo leader Tina Tchen
- Foxx previously tried to convince the FBI to take over the probe of the alleged attack at the request of his family, whom she connected with through Tchen
- Despite recusing herself from the case against Smollett, Foxx sent messages to a colleague on March 8 after a grand jury indicted him, saying that she felt the charges were excessive
- The charges were dropped two weeks later
- The case outraged former Chicago Police Chief Eddie Johnson and then-mayor Rahm Emanuel, who decried it as a 'whitewash of justice'
- Special prosecutor Dan Webb was appointed in August 2019 to investigate why Foxx's office dropped the charges
- In February 2020, some charges were restored after a grand jury returned a six-count indictment against Smollett, accusing him of lying to police
- Multiple references:
- Patrick, William (March 27, 2019). Smollett Case Highlights Prosecutor’s Ties to Billionaire Donor Soros. The Epoch Times. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (March 26, 2019). George Soros Spent $408k on Kim Foxx, Prosecutor in Jussie Smollett Case. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Prosecutor Who Dropped Smollett Charges Was Given $400K By George Soros. One America News Network. March 27, 2019. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Rchardson, Valerie (March 27, 2019). 'Indefensible' Jussie Smollett deal lands Soros-backed prosecutor Kim Foxx on hot seat. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Caplan, Joshua (March 28, 2019). Kim Foxx Spoke at Fundraiser Hosted by George Soros Son this Month. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 29, 2019.
- Man testifies that Jussie Smollett paid him to "fake beat him up", CBS, Dec 2, 2021
- BREAKING: Jussie Smollett found guilty in hate crime hoax, PM, Dec 9, 2021.
After a second day of deliberation, the jury in the trial of Jussie Smollett has found the former Empire star guilty on five of six counts.
- Paul Best , Flashback: Kamala Harris once called Jussie Smollett's claims of an attack an 'attempted modern day lynching', Fox News, Aug 11, 2020
Harris eventually reversed course when police accused Smollett of lying
- "Jussie Smollett FULL Interview on alleged attack | ABC News Exclusive" (February 15, 2019). YouTube video, 16:35, posted by ABC News.
- Marshall, William (February 19, 2019). "Jussie Smollett: A case study in modern liberalism". Townhall website.
- the Blaze, Civil rights activist calls for Jussie Smollett's arrest, claims he could have triggered "race war", https://www.theblaze.com/news/jussie-smollett-civil-rights-arrest, February 19, 2019
- Hannah Grossman, Jussie Smollett should have pleaded 'insanity' in Chicago court: Candace Owens, Fox News, Dec 7, 2021
- Cook County DA Kim Foxx facing renewed criticism following Smollett verdict for dropping charges last year
- Michelle Obama’s Former Aide Lobbied On Behalf Of Jussie Smollett
- fake hate crimes: a database of hate crime hoaxes in the usa
- Was Kamala Harris part of the Jussie Smollett hoax?, By Monica Showalte, American Thinker, February 18, 2019.
- Dave Chappelle on the Jussie Smollett Incident | Netflix Is A Joke
- 45 Times Democrats And Media Blindly Pushed The Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Hoax