Elijah Cummings (January 18, 1951 – October 17, 2019) was a far-left Democratic congressmen from Maryland's 7th district. When baited by ABC's Jonathan Carl to call President Trump racist, Cummings declined.
Cummings died on October 17, 2019.
Residents of Baltimore’s poorest boroughs have lifespans shorter than people living under dictatorship in North Korea. That is a disgrace.Sanders further added, "anyone who took the walk that we took around this Baltimore neighborhood would not think you’re in a wealthy nation, you'd think that you were in a Third World country”. In a walking tour of House Oversight Committee chair Elijah Cummings' district Mayor Catherine Pugh said
What the hell – we should just take all this s**t down. Oooh....you can smell the rats!
In 2019 Baltimore Deputy Police Chief was robbed at gunpoint. By mid-year the city of Baltimore and Rep. Cummings' district, using Cummings own language, was a rat-infested dump with 180 homicides.. Rep. Cummings own home was burglarized in Cummings own "crime infested neighborhood," using Cummings own language, hours before President Trump called national attention to poverty, crime, and health conditions in Baltimore worse than the home of Central American asylum seekers or in ICE facilities. Baltimore is so infested with rodents the Baltimore Sun published a map of rat hot spot map. Speaker Nancy Pelosi white-flighted from Baltimore in 1962.
Obama IRS scandal
During President Obama's IRS scandal, Cummings attacked the Texas True the Vote organization in a letter. He wrote that "some have suggested that your true goal is not voter integrity, but voter suppression against thousands of legitimate voters who traditionally vote for Democratic candidates." He added that: "If these efforts are intentional, politically motivated, and widespread across multiple states, they could amount to a criminal conspiracy to deny legitimate voters their constitutional rights." He also decried True the Vote on MSNBC and CNN.
True the Vote founder Catherine Engelbrecht said she believes that because she worked against voter fraud, she was targeted.
- Multiple references:
- Adelmann, Bob (October 17, 2019). Democrat Representative Elijah Cummings Dead at 68. The New American. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Kent, Simon (October 17, 2019). Elijah Cummings, Longtime Baltimore Congressman, Dead at 68. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Wong, Scott (October 17, 2019). Veteran Rep. Elijah Cummings dies at age 68. The Hill. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- DeMarche, Edmund; Pappas, Alex (October 17, 2019). Elijah Cummings dead at 68. Fox News. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Andrews, Natalie (October 17, 2019). Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings Has Died at 68. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Witte, Brian (October 17, 2019). Powerful Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings has died. Associated Press. Retrieved October 17, 2019.