- 1 Methods
- 2 Importance to Home Security and Preparedness
- 3 Why Does Pervasive Domestic Surveillance of Law-Abiding Citizens Matter to Conservatives?
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 References
- 7 External link
Neighborhood watch programs generally consist of little more than communities agreeing to keep and eye on things and making sure everyone is aware of unusual events.
Electronics Surveillance Devices
There are several types of surveillance devices that allow you to monitor activity.
- Motion sensors detect motion and trigger a response in a security system.
- Vehicle sensors detect vehicles either by pressure or magnetism.
Importance to Home Security and Preparedness
Surveillance an important security concern. Knowing what is going on in and around your property will allow you to react to a situation in an effective way. Without proper surveillance you may be caught off-guard by an intruder.
Visibility and Sight Lines
Why Does Pervasive Domestic Surveillance of Law-Abiding Citizens Matter to Conservatives?
There is a 21st-century trend, as revealed by Edward Snowden, William Binney and other Bill of Rights supporting whistleblowers, towards pervasive monitoring by both the Federal government and businesses like Google via "wiretap" of law-abiding citizen's internet, smartphone and smart television (Amazon FireTV, Roku and AppleTV) activity.Daniel Ellsberg explained the significance of the Snowden leaks which was played out two years in the Trump-Russia investigation and the Obama administration's FISA abuse scandal. Ellsberg asked sceptics:
"Do they really believe that real democracy is viable, when one branch of government, the Executive, knows or can know every detail of every private communication (or credit card transaction, or movement) of: every journalist; every source to every journalist; every member of Congress and their staffs; every judge, at every level up to the Supreme Court? Do they think that every one of these people "has nothing to hide," nothing that could be used to blackmail them or manipulate them, or neutralize their dissent to Executive policies, or influence voting behavior? Is investigative journalism, or aggressive Congressional investigation of the Executive, or court restraints on Executive practices, really possible with that amount of transparency to the Executive of their private and professional lives and associations? And without any of those checks, the kind of democracy you have is that of the German Democratic Republic in East Germany, with its Stasi (which had a minuscule fraction of the surveillance capability the NSA has now, but enough to turn a fraction of the population of East Germany into secret Stasi informants)."
This apt quote best explains the reason why this pervasive domestic surveillance matters to many patriot conservatives and veterans, who are inherently against big government, and to many citizens interested in preparedness:
The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wiretapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Wireless (Wi-Fi)
- IP camera for Home security and surveillance
- NSA and other intelligence mass surveillance: PRISM.
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Wiretap - Roving wiretap
- Drug trafficking of the Drug cartels, Gangs, Drug dealers
- Same Old Dog, Same Old Tricks: University President, JANET NAPOLITANO, Caught Spying on University Staff, Clarice Palmer
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/02/12/amrd-t-a-i-l-s-plastic-gloves-for-your-computer-american-redoubt - Tails operating system
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/01/29/amrd-introducing-the-tor-browser-bundle/ - Tor browser
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora."
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"
- Online Guide to Privacy Resources
- http://www.nocards.org - Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
- Lyon, David. 2007. Surveillance Studies: An Overview. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- "The implementation of a surveillance program under the assumption that surveillance will keep UC safe breaks the school’s privacy policies, precisely because Napolitano is incapable of “guaranteeing abuse of this surveillance will never happen." Same Old Dog, Same Old Tricks: University President, JANET NAPOLITANO, Caught Spying on University Staff, Clarice Palmer
- "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical. We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services."
- "Organization formed in 1990 to maintain and enhance intellectual freedom, privacy, and other values of civil liberties and democracy in networked communications. Publishes newsletters, Internet Guidebooks and other documents, provides mailing lists and other online forums, and hosts a large electronic document archive. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-1914. Tel: (415) 436-9333. Fax: (415) 436-9993. Executive Director: Sheryl Steele."
- "EPIC was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging privacy issues relating to the National Information Infrastructure, such as the Clipper Chip, the Digital Telephony proposal, medical records privacy and the sale of consumer data. EPIC conducts litigation, sponsors conferences, produces reports, publishes the EPIC Alert and leads campaigns on privacy issues. For more information email: email@example.com, or contact EPIC, 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009. Tel: (202) 483-1140. Executive Director: Marc Rotenberg."
- "CAUCE is an all volunteer, entirely web-based organization, created by Netizens to advocate for a legislative solution to the problem of UCE (spam). CAUCE began as a discussion group called SPAM-LAW, formed of members who felt that legislation was necessary to stop spam from choking the life out of the Internet. In 1997 CAUCE proposed an amendment to the Federal statute which outlaws junk "faxes" (47 USC 227) to also prohibit junk e-mail, and since then has remained a pre-eminent voice in the anti-spam community. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. President: Edward Cherlin."
- DOJ Political Surveillance – From the IRS in 2011 to the FISA Court in 2016, Posted on March 8, 2020 by sundance. theconservativetreehouse.com </ref>