115th United States Congress
Congressional investigations by the 115th United States Congress into the Obama FBI, Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton campaign's interference and collusion with foreign actors in the 2016 presidential election were obstructed by the Mueller probe, which the FISA Court, the Inspector General, and the Department of Justice later found to be illegal.
Although the Democrats had earlier derided conservative Republicans as being the "party of No", the aftermath of the 2016 elections showed that the Democrats would rightfully assume that label. They defined themselves in total opposition to all of President Trump's actions, even if his actions once aligned with their claimed beliefs.
Despite the criticisms by DNC chair Tom Perez and other Democrats of President Donald Trump for allegedly having a poor personality and using poor language, Perez has himself proudly used filthy language in political speeches, such as falsely claiming that Republicans "don't give a s***" about voters. As a further sign regarding his party's hypocritical decline into using filthy language occurred when it, around the same time as Perez's comments, started selling shirts saying that "Democrats give a s*** about people." This showed a blatant departure from Michelle Obama's "when they go low, we go high" phrase she and Democrats enjoyed using. In addition to this, California Senator Kamala Harris and New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand used the F-word at public events. These incidents were seen throughout the Democrat Party. Some Democrats even used profane language, such as the f-word, against President Trump himself. Even "conservative" Democrats such as West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin displayed liberal values through his vulgar language along with his beliefs.
The Democrat Party shifted its policies further to the Left than ever before during the Trump Administration. They became increasingly radical, with the mainstream of the party including elected officials calling for abolishing ICE and embracing full-fledged socialism. In addition to their opposition to religious freedom and Second Amendment rights, Democrats and other leftists now began openly calling for reducing free speech. Some publicly included illegal migrants as part of their voting base. In August 2018, the DNC reversed a recent ban it had made on donations from big corporate fossil fuel companies since they were a large source of revenue for the party. With good reason, the Republican Party began describing the Democrats as "an unhinged mob."
Even though Democrats were extremely nasty and ruthless when promoting the Kavanaugh smear, they came to the conclusion that they were not "ruthless" enough when they lost. In the midst of the chaos, lawlessness, and mob violence encouraged by party leaders, a staffer for Sen. Maggie Hassan was ultimately sentenced to four years in prison for posting the home addresses of Republican Senators online. Republican Senator Rand Paul was physically assaulted, and Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise had been shot and seriously injured earlier by a crazed social justice warrior on a suicide mission who was a backer of Democratic Socialist Bernie Sanders.
Opposition party during the Trump Administration
- See also: Left-wing violence in the Trump era
The Democrats won the popular vote for president in 2016 by 2.7 million votes. Dr. Robert Epstein of the American Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology testified before Congress in 2019 that Google bias and meddling had shifted "between 2.6 million and up to 10.4 million votes" to Hillary Clinton. While Clinton won the three most economically affluent states of New York, California, and Massachusetts by 7 million votes, she lost the other 47 states by a combined 4 million votes. Republicans carried the Electoral College with 306 electors and maintained control of the House and Senate in the 115th Congress.
Typically the party's top fundraiser is elected party chairman. In 2017, Rep. Keith Ellison held the distinction. Symone Sanders, Bernie Sanders former press secretary said, "We don't need white people leading the Democratic party." Ellison was endorsed by Senators Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, Harry Reid Elizabeth Warren, Martin Heinrich, Representatives John Lewis, Luis Gutierrez, Tulsi Gabbard, the AFL-CIO, among many others. However, the prospect of an African-American Muslim leading the party frightened off the party's intolerant establishment, and Tom Perez was considered a suitable replacement. A special position which had never existed before, Deputy Chair, and Ellison was relegated to the back of the bus.
- Donald Trump achievements
- Deep State coup 1.0
- FISA abuse
- James Wolfe indictment
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- New Party of No? Dems prepare for battle with Trump on Cabinet picks, agenda. Fox News. December 26, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Turley, Jonathan (December 29, 2018). Donald Trump is completely transforming the Democrats. The Hill. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- Weber, Joseph (April 20, 2017). Dems' new message: Republicans 'don’t give a sh-t’. Fox News. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Freddoso, David (April 20, 2017). Change is here: Dems go from prudish ads to selling 'sh*t' shirts. Washington Examiner. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (April 28, 2017). America Rising PAC Releases Ad Highlighting Democratic Party’s ‘Race to the Bottom’. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Rodriguez, Katherine (May 7, 2017). VIDEO: Sen. Kamala Harris Uses the F-Word at Public Event About Health Care. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- New York senator drops F-bombs during speech. Fox News. June 11, 2017. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- Caton, Alex (April 24, 2017). Why Democrats Are Dropping More F-Bombs Than Ever. Politico. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- Chumley, Cheryl K. (May 22, 2017). F-bombing Trump — the left’s new weapon of choice. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (May 21, 2017). California Democratic Party Leader Leads ‘F*ck Donald Trump’ Chant at Convention. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Weaver, Al (August 7, 2017). Joe Manchin: 'I don't give a s--t' if I win re-election. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Thomsen, Jacqueline (August 7, 2017). Manchin: 'I don't give a s---' if I win reelection. The Hill. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Persons, Sally (June 21, 2017). DNC hits another fundraising low. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- Bowden, John (June 21, 2017). Democrats raised just $4.3M in May. The Hill. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (June 21, 2017). Dems Fundraising Lowest Since May 2003; RNC Raises Record $10.8 Million. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (April 25, 2018). Reparations, income handouts, guaranteed jobs: Dems tilt hard left with new pet projects. Fox News. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- Llorente, Elizabeth (July 18, 2018). Socialists working from within to push Democratic Party further left. Fox News. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- Adelmann, Bob (June 26, 2018). The War On Trump: From Confrontation to Harassment to … Violence? The New American. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Duke, Selwyn (July 6, 2018). Democrats Descending Into Dangerous Radicalism. The New American. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- Murphy, James (October 10, 2018). Democrats Become Increasingly Combative as Thirst for Power Intensifies. The New American. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (August 4, 2018). The Communists Behind the “Abolish ICE,” “Occupy ICE” Agitation. The New American. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- Shaw, Adam (September 18, 2018). Socialism rises in Democratic Party as primary season of upsets comes to close. Fox News. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- Richardson, Valerie (December 17, 2018). Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar spurs uproar over Mike Pence 'Jesus take the wheel' tweet. The Washington Times. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Duke, Selwyn (July 7, 2018). The Democrats’ Dropping Mask: Now They Aim to End Free Speech. The New American. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- Williams, Thomas D. (July 1, 2018). Williams: Why Liberals Have Flip-Flopped on Free Speech. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Schallhorn, Kaitlyn (October 15, 2018). Georgia Dem gubernatorial nominee says 'blue wave' will include undocumented immigrants. Fox News. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Mastrangelo, Alana (October 12, 2018). Democratic Candidate Stacey Abrams: ‘Undocumented’ Immigrants Are Part of the ‘Blue Wave’. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (October 24, 2018). On Illegals, Democrats Sounded Like Trump, But Were Counting Future Votes. The New American. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Mikelionis, Lukas (October 24, 2018). Democrats' illegal immigration tune has changed over years despite incoming caravan. Fox News. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Dinan, Stephen (October 18, 2018). Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote, send applications with citizenship box pre-checked. The Washington Times. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Hope, Merrill (October 19, 2018). Texas Democrats Encouraged Noncitizens to Vote with ‘Altered’ Registration Forms, Says Complaint. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Mikelionis, Lukas (October 19, 2018). Texas Dems under investigation after sending voting applications with citizenship box pre-checked to non-citizens. Fox News. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (October 19, 2018). Letter: Texas Democrats Trolled For Illegal Votes. The New American. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Hagen, Lisa; Cama, Timothy (August 10, 2018). DNC reverses ban on fossil fuel donations. The Hill. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- Pappas, Alex (October 12, 2018). GOP hammers ‘mob’ message for midterms, as Dems howl over label. Fox News. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Nolte, John (October 9, 2018). Democrats Consider Becoming ‘More Ruthless’ After Losing Brett Kavanaugh Battle. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- although, contrary to liberal denial, over 800,000 illegal immigrants likely voted. Lucas, Fred, "More Than 800,000 Noncitizens May Have Voted in 2016 Election, Expert Says," The Daily Signal. O'Reilly, Bill (November 29, 2016). Bill O'Reilly: Amazing amount of confusion over illegal aliens voting. Fox News. Retrieved November 2016. Scarborough, Rowan (January 26, 2017). Trump argument bolstered: Clinton could have received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds. The Washington Times. Retrieved January 27, 2017; and Republican candidates received 49.13% of the nationwide total votes cast for House races in 2016 and won 55.4% of U.S. House seats."United States House of Representatives elections, 2016".
- Strauss, Daniel. "Reid endorses Ellison for DNC chairman", November 13, 2016.
- Strauss, Daniel (December 9, 2016). Ellison adds more congressional endorsements in DNC bid.
- DNC hides behind identity politics while purging Progressives from DNC Executive Committee