|Young O. Kim|
|Former Member of the California State Assembly from the 65th District|
From: December 1, 2014 – November 30, 2016
Young O. Kim (born October 18, 1962 (age 58)) is a businesswoman from Orange County, California who successfully ran for U.S. House of Representatives from the state's 39th congressional district in the 2020 elections to unseat Democrat incumbent Gilbert Cisneros. A conservative Republican, she previously ran in the 2018 Midterms against Cisneros to succeed the retiring Ed Royce, "losing" after potential election fraud then; she had initially been announced the winner on election night with a clear lead.
Kim has previously served in the California State Assembly from the 65th district.
Born in Incheon, South Korea, Kim spent her early childhood in Seoul and left the country in 1975, immigrating with her family to the United States. She attended the University of Southern California, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in business administration.
U.S. House runs
Kim ran for United States House of Representatives in 2018 to replace Ed Royce, who announced his retirement in January that year. She won the open primary with a plurality of 21% of the vote, Democrat Gil Cisneros trailing in second place. The latter is an Obama-backed lottery winner who was accused of sexual misconduct. (See: Left-wing war on women)
Kim initially was declared the winner of the general election on the night the votes were counted, though it was soon "discovered" that she lost after "more" ballots were counted in due to California's highly questionable election laws, such as ballot harvesting. Cisneros was accused of harassing vote counters. The Gateway Pundit noted that numbers suspiciously didn't add up correctly, comparing the House elections to the concurrent gubernatorial election. Despite such, Kim ultimately conceded the election to Cisneros.
Kim announced in October 2019 her run against Democrat Rep. Gil Cisneros in the 2020 United States House of Representatives elections. She has released campaign ads criticizing Cisneros over liberal hypocrisy. The incumbent representative was considered to be an average liberal politician who campaigned on a so-called "moderate" platform yet has voted with Nancy Pelosi 100% of the time in the 116th United States Congress.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), which accepted thousands in a donation from a tobacco company, attacked Kim in July 2019 for having taken a lower sum of money from the same company in 2018.
Kim won the open primary held in early March 2020 with a plurality of 48.4% of the votes cast; Cisneros trailed in second place at 46.8%.
An internal poll in early August 2020 showed a dead heat between Kim and Cisneros. The increasingly unreliable and biased Cook Political Report rated the race as "Likely Democrat", while RCP considered it to be a "tossup".
Having held a narrow lead with nearly all of the vote reporting, Kim was declared the winner of the race on November 13, 2020.
- Democrats Steal Another Race: California Republican Young Kim Who Led by 3% After Election Is Suddenly Down 941 Votes
- Young Kim With Slim Lead Over Gil Cisneros In House Race
- Two references
- Califonia US House primary results 2018 - CNN
- Obama to stump for California Democrats -- including one facing sexual misconduct accusations
- When a 14-point Republican lead disappears
- What Is ‘Ballot Harvesting,’ And How Did California Dems Use It To Nuke The GOP?
- Republican Young Kim loses lead in California House race, accuses opponent Gil Cisneros of harassing vote counters
- VOTER FRAUD? Orange County Numbers DON’T ADD UP – GOP Candidate for Governor Wins District But EVERY SINGLE HOUSE SEAT Is Swept?
- Republican Young Kim Concedes to Democrat Gil Cisneros; Orange County Goes Democrat
- Media Gave Less Coverage to Young Kim Than Similarly Historic Democratic Peers
- Congressional candidate Young Kim, the self-made woman of color the media didn't fall in love with
- Young Kim Announces Run for Congress Against Incumbent Gil Cisneros
- Young Kim for Congress | Deceived
- Young Kim for Congress 2020 | Profited
- Elect Young Kim to represent the 39th congressional district
- Compare the voting records of Nancy Pelosi and Gilbert Cisneros in 2019-20.
- DCCC Hits GOP Candidate for Taking Tobacco Money, Takes Tobacco Money
- Two references:
- Internal poll shows tight race in California House district Democrats flipped in 2018
- 2020 House Race Ratings | The Cook Political Report
- Battle for the House 2020 - RealClearPolitics
- Multiple references: