|Junior U.S. Senator from Kansas|
From: January 3, 2021 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Representative from Kansas's 1st Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2017 – January 3, 2021
Roger Wayne Marshall (born August 9, 1960, age 60) is a obstetrician and conservative Republican currently serving as the junior U.S. senator from Kansas, elected in 2020 to succeed RINO Pat Roberts. He previously was the representative from the state's 1st congressional district.
Despite expected by some conservatives to be an establishment Republican in the likes of former representative Kevin Yoder, Marshall is considerably pro-Trump, having voted to challenge the "official results" of the 2020 U.S. presidential election following massive election fraud.
Marshall is a member of the Republican Main Street Partnership.
U.S. House of Representatives
Marshall ran for United States House of Representatives in 2016, defeating then-incumbent Tim Huelskamp in the Republican primary held on August 2, 2016 after the latter had lost his seat on the House Agricultural Committee over spats with the GOP establishment leadership.
Marshall won the general election with over 60% of the vote.
Rep. Marshall voted against the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019.\
Marshall voted against the No War Against Iran Act in January 2020.
2020 Senate bid
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Kansas U.S. Senate results
- Bowden, John (January 8, 2021). READ: The Republicans who voted to challenge election results. The Hill. Retrieved January 7, 2021.
- Kansas' 1st Congressional District election, 2016 - Ballotpedia
- Huelskamp loses GOP primary after ideological battle
- Kansas Election Results 2016
- Kansas Election Results: First House District
- HR 849 - Protecting Seniors Access to Medicare Act - National Key Vote
- HR 3003 - No Sanctuary for Criminals Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 246 - Opposing Efforts to Delegitimize the State of Israel and The Global Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement Targeting Israel - National Key Vote
- HR 3877 - Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- Marshall to Vote NO on Impeachment
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- HR 550 - No War Against Iran Act - National Key Vote
- H J Res 79 - Removing the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment - National Key Vote