The Democracy Integrity Project
The Democracy Integrity Project (TDIP), is a multimillion-dollar stealth organization launched in late January 2017, just days after President Donald Trump's inauguration, that provided a daily "research" bulletin known as "TDIP Research" to recognizable Washington journalists, and congressional staff members, to keep the Russia "collusion" narrative alive. TDIP raised some $7 million mainly from Silicon Valley tech executives. TDIP hired computer researchers, as well as FusionGPS opposition researchers and Christopher Steele, the foreign author of the discredited Steele dossier, to “prove” the rumors in the dossier. In March 2019, it was reported that Paul Sperry had exposed TDIP, which is essentially a "Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily news on Collusion" spreading lies and fake news to keep the "Trump-Russian collusion" false news narrative alive in main stream media reporting. As they sought new dirt on Trump, they fed their information to fake news media outlets, leading Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee, namely Sens. Mark Warner and Ron Wyden, and the FBI.
RealClearInvestigations revealed that the organization has been running an elaborate media-influence operation intent on driving and shaping daily coverage of the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, including the pushing of stories regarding Trump in the national main stream media, intending to tie the president or his associates to the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin. TDIP then provides the same "research" to the FBI and congressional investigators and then informs news reporters that "authorities" are investigating those items. Thus, mirroring a strategy federal authorities used to secure FISA warrants that were then used to spy on the Trump presidential campaign, in which, FISA applications would cite published news reports that were leaked to the news media to gain credibility.
TDIP was founded and is run by former Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI) staffer Daniel J. Jones with help from Jake Sullivan and John Podesta. Jones is a former FBI investigator, Clinton administration volunteer and was on the staff of California Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein. Jones registered TDIP as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization and claims it's mission is "non-partisan". Jones and TDIP hired opposition research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier, to continue anti-Trump research and fake news leaks to mainstream media. TDIP used as a backup plan to impeach President Donald Trump because the Mueller investigation report failed to expose any criminal wrongdoing. Special Counsel John Durham subpoenaed Jones to testify before his grand jury hearing the case on the origins of the Trump-Russia collusion hoax, along with computer experts and researchers recruited by Clinton attorney Michael Sussmann for the Clinton campaign's Trump-Russia hoax.
TDIP is funded by George Soros, Rob Reiner, Tom Steyer, with further donations from social media outlets. Reportedly, "Social media titans including the founders of Facebook, Twitter and Google are indirectly funding the project through donations funneled through a Silicon Valley foundation." The nonprofit, 501(c)(4) social welfare organization, Fund for a Better Future (FBF), donated $2,065,000 to TDIP in 2017.
"TDIP Research" daily e-bulletin recipients include the print media New York Times, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Pro Publica, and McClatchy, and broadcast media outlets that include CNN and MSNBC.
- March 20, 2019, Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily on ‘Collusion’, https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/03/20/trump-russia-2-0-dossier-tied-firm-pitching-journalists-daily-on-collusion/
- Paul Sperry | Real Clear Investigations, Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily on 'Collusion", http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3736082/posts, March 20, 2019
- The Federalist, Soros-Funded PR Shop Constructing Media Echo Chamber To Push Impeachment, https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/21/soros-funded-pr-shop-constructing-media-echo-chamber-push-impeachment/, March 21, 2019
- WMD, Media being fed 'total B.S.' in multimillion-dollar stealth campaign, https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/media-being-fed-total-b-s-in-multimillion-dollar-stealth-campaign/, March 20, 2019
- Chuck Ross | The Daily Caller, Meet The Board Of The Fusion GPS-Linked Group Investigating Trump, https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/12/democracy-integrity-trump-fusion/, December 12, 2018
- New York Times, How Vilification of George Soros Moved From the Fringes to the Mainstream, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/us/politics/george-soros-bombs-trump.html, October 31, 2018
- Chuck Ross | The Daily Caller, Soros Has Given $1 Million To Group Linked To Fusion GPS For Trump-Russia Investigation, https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/31/george-soros-fusion-gps-trump-funding/, October 31, 2018
- Sarah Lee | Red State, Rob Reiner’s Role in Russia Collusion Smear, https://www.redstate.com/slee/2019/03/21/rob-reiners-role-russia-collusion-smear/, March 21, 2019
- Fund for a Better Future | About Us, http://fundforabetterfuture.org/
- Georgette | Conservative Daily Post, 'Shadow Media's' Dark Money Funded $2 Million To 'Investigate' Donald Trump, https://conservativedailypost.com/shadow-medias-dark-money-funded-2-million-to-investigate-donald-trump/, March 11, 2019
- Rush Limbaugh, Anti-Trump Forces Haven’t Given Up on the Russia Collusion Narrative, https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-limbaugh/content/2019-03-20-anti-trump-forces-havent-given-up-on-the-russia-collusion-narrative/, March 20, 2019