Destroying the family
Destroying the family "is the active social policy of liberals," says conservative author Ann Coulter. It is also a goal of socialism. Individuals and organizations who aim to destroy the family seek to replace an individual relationship with a parent and child with one based on collectivist ideology.
Family disintegration has been a long-time aim of atheistic ideologies based on Marxism. They concluded that in order to maintain the control of people, it would be necessary to destroy the family and restructure it. Soviet expert Mikhail Heller explained that in their attack against Russian family, communists encouraged sexual immorality during marriage, force women out of the home into the workforce, and provided easy access to abortion and divorce. In 1918 they passed a law allowing for a divorce just by simply mailing or delivering a postcard to the local register and without the necessity of even notifying the spouse being divorced.
Author and political analyst Pat Buchanan maintains that although conservatives won the cold war with political and economic communism, they have lost the cultural war with cultural Marxism which in his mind has prevailed in the United States or is now a dominant culture whereas traditionalists became a so-called counter-culture. The ultimate goal of cultural Marxism is to destroy the basic building block of society: the Family Unit.
According to G.Edward Griffin, author of the book The Creature from Jekyll Island, after Marx there was a group of his disciples including Antonio Gramsci who decided that you could bring collectivists society (an objective of Nimrodian aspirations) to nation through culture by introducing certain values and concepts that would break down the family. Their strategy was to break down the family unit, so that it was no longer self-sustaining and no longer valued in the society. The family would be cut loose and the individual members who formerly could turn to the family for support in times of need would be now forced to turn to the government instead which thus can keep them under the tighter control and influence.
Frankfurt SchoolWriting in the New American in 1999, Fr. James Thornton said:
Through such unmitigated balderdash as one finds in the writings of Horkheimer, Adorno, and the other luminaries of the Frankfurt School, the structures of the traditional family and traditional virtue have been called seriously into question and confidence in them blunted. Elected government officials and bureaucrats have contributed to this problem through government taxation policies, which mulct the traditional family while subsidizing anti-traditional modes of life.
Additionally, these officials are inclined more and more towards the elevation of abominations such as homosexual and illicit heterosexual unions to the same level as marriage. Already, in many localities throughout the country and in numerous private corporations, benefits previously reserved to married couples are now granted to unmarried sexual "partners." Even the word "family" is slowly being superseded by the vague euphemism "household."Americans have long boasted that their nation is a government of law, not of men. American law is derived directly from English common law and from the biblical and Christian principles that are at the root of English common law. One would therefore expect law to constitute one of the chief barriers against the subversion of our society. Instead, in the field of law, revolutionary change has become the order of the day, change so astounding that it could not have been imagined by Americans of 50 years ago. None would have dreamed of the outlawing of prayer and any expression of religious conviction on public property, the legalization of abortion as a constitutionally guaranteed "right," and the legalization of pornography, to mention but three.
Black Lives Matter
For a more detailed treatment, see Black Lives Matter.
The Black Lives Matter group, founded in 2013, proclaims the following on their "What We Believe" page:
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
- Chapter Seven: Destruction of the Family (Part I), The Epoch Times (from How the Specter of Communism Is Ruling Our World).
- Chapter Seven: Destruction of the Family (Part II), The Epoch Times (from How the Specter of Communism Is Ruling Our World).
- The aim of socialism is the destruction of the family. LifeSiteNews. September 5, 2019. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- David Cupelian (2005). The Marketing of Evil: How radicals, elitists, and pseudo-experts sell us corruption disguised as freedom. WND Books, 119. ISBN 978-1-58182-459-9.
- Original Intend: Cultural Marxism also known as Political Correctness. Retrieved on 6 December 2015. “the truth is that neoconservatives in my judgement we won the cold war with political and economic communism [but] we’ve lost the cultural war with cultural Marxism which I think has prevailed pretty much in the US or is now a dominant culture whereas those of us who are traditionalists we are if you will the counter-culture ... After Marx there were a group of Marxists who wisely decided that you could bring this collectivists society to nation through culture as well by introducing certain values and concepts that would break down the family for example. If you could somehow break down the family unit, so that it was no longer self-sustaining and no longer valued in the society, then that would lead the individual members who formerly could turn to the family for support in times of need, it would now be cut loose, they would be without the place to go in the times of need so now they have to turn to the Government.”
- Gramsci's Grand Plan, Fr. James Thornton, New American, 05 July 1999
- What We Believe