- Thank you for your edits. I reverted several of them because you unnecessarily piped several links. For example, the code
[[Conservative]]sis preferred over
[[Conservative|Conservatives]]because it shows the same thing and does not waste code. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! --1990'sguy (talk) 11:48, 23 January 2017 (EST)
- I'm sorry! I just assumed that it hadn't linked the full word. I'll stop doing that from now on, thank you. ^^ --Pinely (TALK) 00:13, 24 January 2017 (EST)
Thanks for reverting that spree of vandalism! Some people can be quite vile, can't they? I had to step out, since (unlike certain vandals, it seems) I work a job. If someone is wreaking havoc, or for any other reason you want quick assistance but no admin is around, please feel free to reach out to me--E-SMS is the fastest way to alert me. Of course, I can't guarantee I'll be available, but you can always try.
Cheers! --David B (TALK) 15:54, 31 January 2017 (EST)
- I find it interesting: they are the people who constantly accuse us of being "intolerant," "bigots," etc. --1990'sguy (talk) 18:34, 31 January 2017 (EST)
- No problem! I agree it was very juvenile, but vandals will be vandals. I'll make sure I use that link, thanks. --Pinely (TALK) 11:53, 1 February 2017 (EST)
Hello Pinely, thank you for your edits. I looked through your edits, and I have some tips.
First, when you add categories, if there is a parent and child category, you only need to add one or the other, not both. For example, in the Alexander Blok article, you only need "Category:Russian Authors", not the broader category ("parent category") "Category:Authors". Likewise, in Lynchburg, Virginia, you only need "Category:Virginia Cities and Towns", not "Category:Virginia." I hope this makes sense.
Also, you correctly saw that the Open ended questions title was wrong. However, you moved it the wrong way. We need to save the page history, so you should not simply create a new page and copy-paste the info. Instead, you need to contact an administrator, and they will perform a page move (something only certain editors will do). I will ask DavidB4 to do this.
- Thanks for messaging me! Your explanations makes sense, and I understand. I'm very sorry for creating a new page without contacting an administrator. I will do this from now on. If I'm unsure about something, I'll just contact someone instead of going ahead with the edit. If you have any other comments or if you have questions, don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks again. --Pinely (TALK) 21:11, 4 August 2018 (EDT)
- I'm happy to help--just let me know! There is no need to ask before creating a page. 1990'sguy just meant that if you need a page moved, you should ask an administrator with move capabilities, such as my self, to do it rather than just moving the text into a new page with the correct title. It's no problem if a page gets titled incorrectly--mistakes happen. We just need to move the page and its history, as I just did for this page. Let me know if there's anything else you need! --David B (TALK) 21:26, 4 August 2018 (EDT)