Barr and Stefan Halper have very close and similiar backgrounds working for Papa Bush from 1978 the Bush 1980 Presidential campaign, and the Reagan transition. RobSDeep Six the Deep State! 15:31, 8 December 2018 (EST)
- I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't trust Barr. He doesn't seem to have a particularly conservative track record, being on Bush's 1980 campaign and Jeb's 2016 campaign. He was tough on immigration when that was a bipartisan position and when Bush was primaried by Buchanan (and he doesn't have a lasting legacy), he admitted his views on Roe v. Wade were not set in stone, and he's friends with Mueller. I hope I'm either proven terribly wrong, or that his confirmation process goes downhill. --1990'sguy (talk) 15:56, 8 December 2018 (EST)
- Bill Safire called Barr the "Coverup General." This article is worth the read, written days after the 1992 election. See what Safire says about both Mueller and Barr.
- Barr is a "fixer;" in 1986 he forged a "New Covenant" with the Clinton's to cover-up the Mena, Arkansas/Iran Contra scandal. Later he was involved in the BCCI cover-up.
- The question now is, will the Bush/Clinton Uniparty alliance that has controlled the Deep State and intelligence community continue, or have the Clinton's indeed violated certain agreements while pursuing personal greed and ambitions, as the Uranium One bribery scandal attests? If so, in Barr's judgement, they have, this is probably the beginning of a new Trump family alliance or covenant with old Bush cronies well into the future, and the Clinton machine is on the outs. How long Mueller's 17 angry Democrats remain on the job will tell us.
- If not, Trump is in serious trouble. RobSDeep Six the Deep State! 16:21, 8 December 2018 (EST)
- Let's face facts: One of Trump's primary objectives is to establish a political dynasty, like the Kennedy's, Bushes and Clintons. If Trump pulls this off, he knocks off the Bush/Clinton dominent regime and replaces it with the Bush/Trump dynasties.
- It's all predicated on convincing the Bush family that trade policies with China (and Mexico and Canada) were only temporary post-Cold War solutions, and restoring American prosperity is patriotic. We know the Clinton's and Democrats don't care about the Middle Class or democracy, and advocate single party control and socialism. Time for Barr and the Bush machine to stand up for what's right. RobSDeep Six the Deep State! 17:04, 8 December 2018 (EST)
Deep state at work
Here's an opportunity to see your garden variety deep state cover-up at work (some background on Iran Contra, BCCI, Mena and Whitewater is helpful, but not necessary). During the trial balloon phase, these comments were reported:
- Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) responded to the first rumblings about Barr’s potential appointment by calling him “an outstanding choice” who he thought “could get confirmed very easily.” ...Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.)... echoed that sentiment..." 
A day later when the announcement was made, local media in Vermont reported,
- Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.,..voiced concern that Barr would not protect the special counsel’s investigation....“He has a long record in both the private sector and public service that needs to be thoroughly vetted by the Senate,” Leahy said, “This includes recent, troubling comments ..." 
So he "voiced concern" a day after calling it an outstanding choice and saying his nomination would be a breeze. IOWs, the fix is in, the deal has been cut. Barr is the man to finalize agreements. RobSDeep Six the Deep State! 01:03, 13 December 2018 (EST)
Ultimately, watch how Leahy votes. This tells us if the Clinton Foundation, Mueller, Uranium One etc is protected in exchange for ending the Russia collusion hoax. RobSDeep Six the Deep State! 01:21, 13 December 2018 (EST)
Notre Dame speech
Here's the link that will get you to the Facebook page for the full speech. Looks worth looking in to (I don't mess w/FB, so can't access it. RobSDe Plorabus Unum 17:30, 13 October 2019 (EDT)