Nvidia is a corporation specializing in graphics processors and embedded processors. With more than 100,000 employees, in the United States alone, Nvidia is the largest GPU manufacturer, closely followed by AMD.
The company was founded in 1993, by Jensen Huang, Chris Malachowsky and Curtis Priem. Two years later, they launched their first product, the NVIDIA NV1. This PCI card, labeled the Diamond Edge 3D, used a 2D/3D graphics core based on quadratic texture mapping. The first game to be supported by this card was Sega's Virtual Fighter.
Nvidia has been accused of copying, ad verbim, ATI's architectures, such as the 1950xt and their 4800 series, as well as some older cards such as the ATI RAGE, copied into the Nvidia GeForce 9001 series. It has also been accused of recycling it's designs, and simply renaming them.
- Microprocessor: Computer, CPU, Arithmetic logic unit, Integrated circuit, Transistor, Semiconductor
- Silicon Valley: Intel, AMD (AMD64), IBM, Motorola, Texas Instruments, Atari
- ^ 9800GT Product Specs., "Hexus.net" (Retrieved November 9, 2008.)
- Sixty Years of the Transistor - Intel
- The Lives and Death of Moore's Law
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"