|John Robert "Big John" Illg, Sr.|
Louisiana State Representative for
District 78 (Jefferson Parish)
|Assumed office |
January 13, 2020
|Preceded by||Kirk Talbot|
|Born|| December 1, 1966|
Place of birth missing
Resident of Metairie in Jefferson Parish
|Spouse(s)||Jeanne Abadie Illg (married 1994)|
|Children||John Illg, Jr.|
|Alma mater|| |
Jesuit High School (New Orleans)
John Robert Illg, known as Big John Illg (born December 1, 1966), is a businessman from Metairie, Louisiana, who is a Republican state representative for suburban Jefferson Parish south of New Orleans. District 78 includes Harahan, River Ridge as well a part of Metairie.
To win his seat, Illg defeated another Republican, conservative businessman William Wallis (born 1968) of River Ridge. Illg polled 7,436 votes (59 percent) to Wallis' 5,266 (41 percent) in the nonpartisan blanket primary held on October 12, 2019. He will succeed the term-limited Republican Kirk Talbot, an incoming state senator, on January 13, 2020. Illg ran against Talbot in the 2015 House race.
Illg is affiliated with Summit Design Services, LLC. In the campaign, he carried the endorsement of the Jefferson Parish Republican Executive Committee, of which he is a former member, as well as support from various municipal and parish officials in the area.
He and his wife, the former Jeanne Abadie, have a son, John Illg, Jr. He graduated in 1984 from the Roman Catholic Jesuit High School in New Orleans and then attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
- John Robert Illg. MyLife.com. Retrieved on December 2, 2019.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, Election Returns, October 12, 2019.
- Michelle Hunter (September 20, 2019). 78th House District candidates looking to retain residents, attract businesses. Retrieved on December 2, 2019.
- District 78 State Representative Race. voteforbig.com. Retrieved on December 2, 2019.
- John Illg District 78 "Vote for Big". Facebook. Retrieved on December 2, 2019.