Hubert Van Gijseghem
Hubert Van Gijseghem is a retired psychologist and professor from University of Montreal who at the hearing of Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights in Parliament of Canada claimed that pedophiles have "a quasi-exclusive preference for prepuberscent children", which is then in his view the same as having a so-called ‘sexual orientation’, or in his other words, "pedophilia," "is a sexual orientation".[note 1] Moreover, he asserted, in line with mantra of LGBTI ideology, and in spite of opposite evidence, that “You cannot change person's sexual orientation”, and compared pedophilia to homosexuality for which partisans of LGBTI ideology want the society to believe that "there is no such thing as real therapy." In order to convince others of their "truth", they adopt techniques of psychological manipulation, like in this particular case Van Gijseghem applied the logical fallacy "everyone knows that" known also as Argumentum ad populum or as "Every Schoolboy Knows." This manipulative method is used when a party is trying to stifle the debate and allow propositions to be accepted with few or no facts whatsoever to support them, since most people in audience do not want to admit their ignorance of something that "everyone" allegedly knows.
One columnist in the Toronto Sun, Brian Lilley, expressed shock at Van Gijseghem’s testimony and argued that “it’s time to take our country back by ignoring the ‘experts.’”
- The term ‘sexual orientation’ was invented by advocates of sexual revolution in order to perform a LGBTI gleichschaltung in the society in favor of their LGBTI interest group.
- Witnesses on Bill C-54, An Act to amend the Criminal Code (sexual offences against children) 40th Parliament, 3rd Session, Nr. 048. Parliament of Canada, Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights (14 February 2011). Retrieved on 12 December 2015. “I will briefly start by introducing myself for credibility purposes. My name is Hubert Van Gijseghem. I have been a psychologist since 1963. I got my PHD in psychology in 1970. I have had two parallel careers: one as an academic at the University of Montreal and one as a practitioner.”
- Rebecca Millette (28 February 2011). Pedophilia a ‘sexual orientation’ experts tell Parliament. LifeSiteNews.com. Retrieved on 12 December 2015. ““When we speak of therapy or when individuals get therapy and we feel as though everyone is pacified, the good news is often illusory,” said Van Gijseghem, ...“Pedophiles are not simply people who commit a small offence from time to time but rather are grappling with what is equivalent to a sexual orientation just like another individual may be grappling with heterosexuality or even homosexuality,” emphasized Van Gijseghem. “True pedophiles have an exclusive preference for children, which is the same as having a sexual orientation. You cannot change this person’s sexual orientation.” He added, however: “He may however remain abstinent.” MP Serge Ménard later praised the witnesses. “Mr. Van Gijseghem and Mr. Quinsey,” said Ménard, “corrected some of our impressions.” However, MP Marc Lemay of the Bloc Quebecois challenged Van Gijseghem’s definition. “I have to admit that I was not expecting, on this Valentine’s Day, to be talking about this inappropriate type of love. It is not really love. It has more to do with violence and control. I am concerned, Professor Van Gijseghem … because you say, if I am not mistaken, that pedophilia is a sexual orientation.” “That is what I said,” continued Van Gijseghem. Lemay pursued the point, asking if it therefore should “be compared to homosexuality.” “Yes, or heterosexuality,” responded Van Gijseghem. “If, for instance, you were living in a society where heterosexuality is proscribed or prohibited and you were told that you had to get therapy to change your sexual orientation, you would probably say that that is slightly crazy. In other words, you would not accept that at all. I use this analogy to say that, yes indeed, pedophiles do not change their sexual orientation.””
- (1993) A Christian's Guide to Critical Thinking. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers, 206. ISBN 1-59752-661-4. Retrieved on 16 February 2012.
- Brian Lilley, National Bureau (25 February 2011). 'Experts' running the asylum in Canada. Toronto Sun. Retrieved on 12 December 2015. “Leave it to the experts. Normal, everyday Canadians wouldn't reward thugs who take land by force or say perverts are just like everyone else. Nor would most Canadians let convicted terrorists ordered deported spend more than 20 years appealing to the courts. But that's what the expert class would have us do. And that's why it's time to take our country back by ignoring the "experts."”