|Governor of New Hampshire|
From: January 5, 2017 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former Member of the New Hampshire Executive Council from the 3rd District|
From: January 3, 2011 – January 3, 2017
Christopher Thomas “Chris” Sununu (born November 5, 1974, age 46) is an engineer and businessman currently serving as the governor of New Hampshire, having previously been a member of the New Hampshire Executive Council. He is the younger brother of John E. Sununu, the one-term U.S. senator from the state from 2003 to 2009.
Governor of New Hampshire
Sununu announced in September 2015 his run for the 2016 New Hampshire gubernatorial election. He later won the election by 2.3% of the vote, although the coinciding presidential and Senate races for Donald Trump and Kelly Ayotte respectively proved to be narrow Republican losses.
Governor Sununu signed a bill that would authorize charges of murder on anyone who causes the death of unborn children.
Having caved into the homosexual agenda, Sununu signed a bipartisan-led bill in June 2018 that would prohibit the provision of conversion therapy for minors. He also signed another bill to give special treatment for "transgender" individuals.
Being largely pro-business, Sununu vetoed a bill in August 2019 that would raise the minimum wage. He also vetoed a bill around this time passed by the Democrat-controlled legislature that would have expanded gun control measures.
Sununu vetoed a bill that would increase access to absentee voting.
Sununu opposed the gas tax-increasing Transportation Climate Initiative, calling it “scammy”.
A supporter of Donald Trump, Sununu opposed the impeachment coup that was brought out against the president. He also incorrectly predicted in February 2020 that Trump will win his state of New Hampshire in the 2020 U.S. presidential election due to the latter's accomplishments.
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Chris Sununu Casts Deciding Vote To Fund Planned Parenthood in New Hampshire
- Chris Sununu announces 2016 campaign bid for governor
- New Hampshire Results 2016
- N.H. Gov. Sununu enjoys high approval numbers across the political aisle
- New Hampshire Governor Election Results
- SB 66 - Authorizes Murder Charges for an Individual Who Causes the Death of a Fetus - New Hampshire Key Vote
- New Hampshire governor signs marijuana decriminalization bill
- HB 587 - Prohibits Providing Conversion Therapy to Minors - New Hampshire Key Vote
- NH HB1319 | 2018 | Regular Session
- NH GOP Gov. Chris Sununu Signs Law Mandating Free Birth Control
- SB 593 - Repeals Death Penalty - New Hampshire Key Vote
- SB 10 - Increases the State Minimum Wage - New Hampshire Key Vote
- NH Gov. Vetoes Expanded Background Checks, Other Gun Controls
- HB 611 - Increases Access to Absentee Voting - New Hampshire Key Vote
- Sununu consents to refugee resettlement following exec order
- Here Are the Republican Governors Who Betrayed Trump, and Their Constituents, by Asking for Refugee Resettlement in Their States
- Charlie Baker’s gas tax cements his RINO legacy
- New Hampshire Governor Issues Mask Mandate for Large Gatherings
- New Hampshire GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Chris Sununu Boasts He’s Pro-Abortion
- Chris Sununu on the Issues
- Chris Sununu Lone GOP Governor in States Trump Lost to Oppose Impeachment Inquiry
- Two references: