American History Homework One Answers - Student 32
1. The Spanish settled first, then the English, and then the French.
2. That he became interested in sailing at such a young age and continued this interest throughout his life.
3. I think serveral early settlements failed for a few reasons. First of all, many settlements did not have strong leaders and did not have settlers that were willing to work very hard. Secondly, the settlers had to deal with some Indians who were hostile. Lastly, many settlers died of diseases.
- Excellent, but work on spelling.
4. Reglion was the motivation for the first settlements in the Massachusetts area. The Pilgrims differed from the main stream Puritans because the Pilgrims wanted to completely break away from the Church Of England while the Puritans wanted to purify it.
5. William Penn founded Pennsylvania which was one of the few places which allowed religious freedom and the colony survived.
- Good, but a bit incomplete. (Minus 1).
6. Joint-Stock Colony: Massachusetts Bay; Charter Colony: Rhode Island; Proprietary Colony: New York; Royal Colony: Virginia
7. No, the Puritans were not right to expel people of other religons. Everyone should have the right to worship in whatever way they want. However, I do understand why they expelled people of other religions. The Puritans were probably afraid of people who believed in different things converting the Puritan citizens.
- Well done.
- Great start: 69/70.--Aschlafly 17:32, 12 September 2008 (EDT)
--NickDeJ 16:56, 10 September 2008 (EDT)