George Tiller (August 8, 1941 – May 31, 2009) was the director of Women's Health Care Services in Wichita, Kansas, which is an abortion clinic specializing in late term abortions. He was one of the only abortionists in the United States that performs late term abortions. In 2007, State Attorney General Paul Morrison filed 19 misdemeanor charges against Tiller because of the circumstances regarding his consulting with a second physician in 2003.  He was murdered May 31, 2009, at his Wichita, Kansas, Reformation Lutheran Church. 
Luhra Warren, who used to work for Tiller, has claimed that she had been required to falsify medical records and lie to women over the phone. 
In 2005, Christin Gilbert, a mentally retarded woman from Texas, died three days after having an abortion at Tiller's clinic. Tiller's clinic was officially cleared of any wrongdoing, but a grand jury was called to investigate. Tiller ended up being cleared of all charges.
A citizen-petitioned grand jury was impaneled in January 2008 to investigate Tiller, the second such grand jury that has been convened in recent years.
Tiller was shot in both arms by activist Rachelle Shannon in 1993. Shannon is now serving time in a federal prison in California.
Tiller was shot to death in Wichita, Kansas, at the Reformation Lutheran Church, an ELCA church, on Sunday, May 31, 2009. The Kansas pro-life community immediately denounced this act of retaliatory violence.
Closing of clinic
Tiller's family announced on Tuesday, June 9, 2009, that Tiller's clinic would be permanently closed.
- ↑ http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/jul/03/tiller_challenges_kansas_abortion_law/
- ↑ Abortion Doctor George Tiller Killed at Church, Police Say Fox News, May 31, 2009
- ↑ http://www.dr-tiller.com/elective.htm
- ↑ WorldNet Daily Abortionist Tiller shot, killed in church, May 31, 2009
- ↑ KansasLiberty.com Tiller murdered in Wichita-area church, May 31, 2009
- ↑ http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/47311657.html