|Former U.S. Representative from North Carolina's 2nd Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2011 – January 3, 2017
- See also: Abortion Betrayals
Renee Jacisin Ellmers (born February 9, 1964, age 56) is the former Republican U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 2nd District, defeating incumbent Democrat Bob Etheridge in the 2010 election. She is a registered nurse, Clinic Director of Trinity Wound Care Center and teaches Sunday school at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Ellmers is a fiscal conservative concerned for the direction of this country. "My economic plan can be summed up in 4 words: Cut Taxes. Cut Spending." She was once endorsed by the SBA List for her pro-life stance before showing her true colors as an Abortion Betrayal (see below). Per the SBA only initially,
|“||Ellmers's commitment to rescind taxpayer funding of abortion in health care and in every aspect of federal spending is urgently needed in the coming Congress. A new women's movement which affirms its original pro-life roots is making its way to the House of Representatives, and Ellmers is one of its brightest new stars.||”|
U.S. House of Representatives
Her opponent Etheridge was filmed in 2010 assaulting a student for asking a question about his votes. In addition, disrespecting a U.S. Marine for asking a question at a healthcare townhall with sarcasm and refusing to answer.
Since getting elected to Congress, she's become a favorite of Boehner's RINO leadership and without fail votes for big-government items that he supports.
Prior to the 2016 election, Ellmers' district was subject to litigation and a court-ordered redrawing of its boundaries. The new district had only 18 percent of Ellmers' former district and also contained the residence of incumbent Congressman George Holding. Although Ellmers was endorsed by Donald Trump, who made a robo-call on her behalf, Ellmers lost a three-way Republican primary and retired at the end of her third term in Congress. The SBA List had opposed her re-election after Ellmers led a successful revolt against the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, was called out as “unforgivable” by pro-lifers, and doubled down by calling her critics “abhorrent and childish”.
- Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk, YouTube
- Renee Ellmers’s Bully Beatdown, National Review Online, September 16, 2010
- Congressman Bob Etheridge Health Care Town Hall Lillington U.S. Marine Scolded, YouTube
- Schneider, Elena. "Renee Ellmers is first GOP incumbent knocked off in primary", Politico, June 7, 2016. Retrieved on June 10, 2016.
- Conservative GOP Vs. ‘Liberal’ GOP Incumbents Battle in N.C. Primary
- ‘Unforgivable’: Renee Ellmers should lose primary challenge for killing pro-life bill, say leaders
- Renee Ellmers calls pro-life leaders who criticize her ‘abhorrent and childish’