Member of the New York State Assembly from the 64th District
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Sheldon Silver|
Former Member of the New York State Assembly from the 60th District
January 1, 2011 – 2012
|Preceded by||Janele Hyer-Spencer|
|Succeeded by||Inez D. Barron|
|Born|| November 11, 1980|
New York City
|Alma mater|| Seton Hall University|
|Occupation||Public affairs manager|
Nicole Malliotakis (born November 11, 1980, age 40) is a public affairs manager, New York state assembly member, and mostly conservative Republican who successfully ran for United States House of Representatives in the 2020 U.S. House elections from New York's 11th district to unseat incumbent Democrat Max Rose.
2017 New York City mayoral election
Malliotakis unsuccessfully ran in 2017 for mayor of New York City to challenge far-leftist Bill de Blasio. Despite losing by a landslide in the very liberal area, she won her home borough of Staten Island by over forty points.
2020 U.S. House election in New York's 11th district
Malliotakis officially filed to run for U.S. House of Representatives in February 2019, correctly asserting the importance of halting the Democrats' far-left agenda. Her bid was endorsed by Donald Trump, who had won New York's 11th district in the 2016 U.S. presidential election with 54% of the vote.
Malliotakis won her party's primary with nearly 70% of the vote to challenge Rep. Rose in the general election.
Running in a mostly Republican district containing the entirety of Staten Island, Malliotakis, defeated Rose by six percentage points, initially leading by a large margin prior to all the votes being counted. She has floated the idea of forming a coalition in Congress along with incoming freshmen to combat the far-left agenda promoted by The Squad.
- New York City mayoral race results 2017
- Malliotakis makes it official, outlines why she’s running for Congress
- Trump Endorses Nicole Malliotakis in Congressional Race Against Max Rose
- New York Primary Results: 11th Congressional District
- RESULT: Nicole Malliotakis defeats first-term Democrat Max Rose in New York's 11th Congressional District
- GOP’s Nicole Malliotakis takes commanding lead against Rep. Max Rose
- Rep-elect Nicole Malliotakis forming ‘Freedom Squad’ to counter AOC crew