Michael T. Flynn
|Michael T. Flynn|
|National Security Advisor|
From: January 20 to February 13, 2017
|Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency|
From: July 24, 2012 – August 7, 2014
|Successor||David Shedd (Acting)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Service Years|| 1981–2014|
|Rank|| Lieutenant General|
|Unit||Defense Intelligence Agency
• Joint Functional Component Command for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
|Battles/wars|| Operation Urgent Fury|
Operation Uphold Democracy
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom
|Awards|| Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal (4) Legion of Merit (2) Bronze Star Medal (4) Meritorious Service Medal (6) Joint Service Commendation Medal Army Commendation Medal (5)
Michael Thomas Flynn (born December 1958) is a former U.S. Army General who served as the head of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, and was ousted by the Obama administration for his criticism of President Obama's policy toward the Islamic State.
Flynn advised candidate Donald Trump throughout the 2016 U.S. Presidential election on foreign policy matters. Flynn resigned from the position of National Security Advisor early in the Trump administration in a fake news scandal put out by the Washington Post using classified information gathered and leaked illegally by the Obama administration.
After witnessing the corruption of the Deep State, Flynn wanted to reform the intelligence community and was fired, targeted, and smeared. His association with Donald Trump became known the Trump-Russia collusion scandal.
Opposed Obama covert aid to the Islamic State
On March 31, 2012 Reuters reported that "President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi...Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks" Responsibility to carry out the aid is given to the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the State Department and Director John Brennan at the CIA; the Pentagon was kept out of the loop. Another Reuters article noted Obama had CIA personal on the ground before signing the finding.
When U.S. built shoulder fired missiles turned up in Afghanistan and were used to kill American soldiers, Defense Intelligence Agency director Michael Flynn found out about the Obama, Brennan, and Clinton run covert operation to arm jihadis. Flynn issued a report on August 12, 2012 that circulated widely throughout the intelligence community exposing the covert operation and its aims. Copies went to the CIA, FBI, State Department, Homeland Security, CENTCOM, the National Geospacial Agency and other IC members. The report documented that Western powers, NATO powers, along with members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) and Turkey, wanted the creation of an Islamic State ("Salafist principality in Eastern Syria") to oppose the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad and Iranian influence in the region.
THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY [WHICH] SUPPORT THE [SYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME…
Flynn had been Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for about three weeks. Flynn opposed the Western alliance giving aid for the creation of the Islamic State. Flynn persisted in his criticism of Obama policy, and shortly after Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi declared the re-establishment of the Caliphate in Mosul in June 2014, Flynn was fired.
Flynn moved on to be the chief adviser on national security for the Trump campaign. Flynn's knowledge as DIA director of the factual backstory to the Benghazi massacre, the arming of ISIS, and how the Obama/Clinton team misled the public was a risk to John Brennan and the intelligence community. Trump and Flynn were determined to end Obama's support for the Islamic State, which was on a pogram against Christians, Shia, and other "infidels." Obama and John Brennan's support for the Islamic State only exacerbated relations with Russia and led to a Russian military presence in Syria - its first foreign engagement since 1989.
The IC dislikes you intensely and they hate Flynn. The spooks have much more on you than they had on Hillary. This is a #YUGE mistake. /7 5:53 AM - 10 Dec 2016
Flynn was honest with FBI agents. The FBI knew he did not lie and briefed those facts to Andy McCabe and others three different times. At McCabe’s directions, Agent Pewter Strzok and McCabe’s “Special Counsel” Lisa Page, altered the 302 interview notes to create statements prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, Robert Mueller, Brandon Van Grack, and Zainab Ahmad could assert were false. Only the FBI agents lied—and falsified documents.
Contrary to false information put out by Barack Obama, General Flynn wasn’t charged with perjury, he wasn’t guilty of anything, but he was ruined and threatened with imprisonment because of his dissent from Obama’s and Hillary Clinton’s mismanagement of the terrorist threat.
Trip to Moscow
Before Flynn made a trip to Moscow in December 2015 he alerted his former employer, the DIA. He then attended a “defensive” or “protective” briefing before he ever sat alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Russia Today (RT) dinner, or before he talked with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The briefing educated and sensitized Flynn to possible efforts by his Russian host to compromise the former high-ranking defense official and prepared him for conversations in which he could potentially extract intelligence for U.S. agencies such as the DIA. When Flynn returned from Moscow, he spent time briefing intelligence officials on what he learned during the Moscow contacts. Between two and nine intelligence officials attended the various meetings with Flynn about the RT event, and the information was moderately useful, about what one would expect from a public event.
Lobbying for a NATO ally
President Obama had been protecting Fethullah Gulen, a Saudi/Emirati-backed Islamic mullah whom the NATO-allied government of Turkey cited as behind a July 2016 coup attempt to overthrow the government of a NATO ally. Obama refused requests for Gulen's extradition. Gulen and associates of his organization are Clinton Foundation donors.
After the 2016 presidential election, The Hill published an op-ed outlining all the facts of the Saudi, Emirati, Obama administration, and Clinton Foundation's efforts to overthrow the government of a NATO ally and install a rival Islamic fundamentalist sect in power. The op-ed was written by allies of the Turkish government and signed by Flynn, for which Flynn had been paid. This was considered "unregistered lobbying" by Sally Yates of the Justice Department and James Comey and Andrew McCabe of the FBI.
Peter Strzok of the FBI was dispatched to interview Flynn. At first Flynn claimed he had written the op-ed himself, and later admitted he received help. For this, Special Counsel Robert Mueller charged Flynn with unregistered lobbying and lying to the FBI.
Fake news accounts and illegal leaks from the Obama administration and Mueller office attempted to frame the charges as Flynn engaging in unregistered lobbying for Russia, when in fact Flynn was lobbying for a longtime NATO ally whom the Obama administration and neocons were seeking to undermine on behalf of the Gulf monarchies. The Mueller prosecution team was finally forced in a judicial hearing to admit that Flynn's actions were not "treasonous" and his unregistered lobbying ended well before he entered the White House.
Obama illegal wiretaps and leaking
Flynn's call to Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, the actual audio gathered and any transcript is called “Raw FISA-acquired information,” and its distribution would be highly restricted. At the NSA, not more than 40 or so analysts or senior managers would be read into the classification sub-sub compartment that contains it, called RAGTIME-A,B,C D or P, where each letter stands for one of five different categories of foreign intelligence.
- "In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections (minimumizations)."
The substance of Flynn's call was incorporated three days later into a CIA memo authorized by John Brennan intended to impugn and de-legitimize President-elect Donald Trump which was widely circulated under the new NSA rules. The Brennan memo is loaded with Russophobic innuendo.
The Lovinger case
Adam Lovinger of the Pentagon's Office of Net Assessment (ONA) was invited by General Flynn to serve as a Senior Director on the White House Security Council, along with Ezra Cohen-Watnick. On the same day, James H. Baker (DOD) filed four separate charges against Lovinger.
Two days before the new administration was to be sworn in Lovinger received a letter from Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter citing “Lovinger’s exceptional performance on collaborative net assessment with the Government of India.” In that same review, James H. Baker (DOD) disagreed, noting, “I do not endorse the characterization set forth in the employee input (that) Adam performed successfully.” Baker ordered an investigation of Lovinger.
On May 1, 2017 Lovinger was notified that his Top-Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS-SCI) clearance had been suspended. Lovinger was the second Trump official to lose his security clearance. The loss of a security clearance is a significant matter as they are requirements for many senior positions. He was to return to the Pentagon immediately.In 2016 Lovinger had grown increasingly concerned over the ONA's use of outside contractors, due in part to the “problem of cronyism” and a growing “revolving door policy." Lovinger wrote an October 2016 email to ONA's new director, James H. Baker (DOD) who had recently been appointed by Obama's Defense Secretary. From Lovinger's October 2016 email:
“the moral hazard associated with the Washington Headquarters Services contracting with Stefan Halper.”Halper had been paid $1.06 million in contracts through five disbursements beginning in 2012.
Halper "was being used by Net Assessment to go out essentially and engage with foreign government [ GCHQ ] officials. As a contractor that’s totally illegal.”
Lovinger was later exonerated. In that case, a DOD investigation found Lovinger did nothing wrong, yet a trial proceeded the following month anyway as the exculpatory Brady material was withheld. The findings of the DOD investigation in fact were altered by removing the word "not" where it said he "did not" leak information to the media.
Two weeks into Trump presidency, NSC staffers Eric Ciaramella and Sean Misko (who later joined Adam Schiff's congressional staff in 2019) openly discussed removing President Trump at a White House National Security Council meeting called by Flynn. Paul Sperry reported:
The “all hands” meeting, held about two weeks into the new administration, was attended by hundreds of NSC employees.
“They were popping off about how they were going to remove Trump from office. No joke,” said one ex-colleague, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.
A military staffer detailed to the NSC, who was seated directly in front of Ciaramella and Misko during the meeting, confirmed hearing them talk about toppling Trump during their private conversation, which the source said lasted about one minute. The crowd was preparing to get up to leave the room at the time.
“After Flynn briefed [the staff] about what ‘America First’ foreign policy means, Ciaramella turned to Misko and commented, ‘We need to take him out,’ ” the staffer recalled. “And Misko replied, ‘Yeah, we need to do everything we can to take out the president.’ “
Added the military detailee, who spoke on condition of anonymity: “By ‘taking him out,’ they meant removing him from office by any means necessary. They were triggered by Trump’s and Flynn’s vision for the world. This was the first ‘all hands’ [staff meeting] where they got to see Trump’s national security team, and they were huffing and puffing throughout the briefing any time Flynn said something they didn’t like about ‘America First.’ ”He said he also overheard Ciaramella telling Misko, referring to Trump, "We can’t let him enact this foreign policy."
FBI evidence tampering
Muellergate prosecutors attempted to hide from the court the fact that Gen. Flynn's FBI interview reports (FD-302s) were tampered with. Flynn was first interviewed by FBI investigators Peter Strzok and Joe Pientka on January 24, 2019 who reported their impressions were that Flynn did not lie. Spygate conspirator Andrew McCabe intervened to alter the field investigators 302 interview reports. McCabe's special counsel Lisa Page texted her lover, Agent Peter Strzok, the go ahead to write up an official report on February 14, 2019. The interview report was filed on February 15, 2019. Typically an interview report is to be completed within 30 days.
After disgraced FBI director James Comey was fired and Robert Mueller appointed as Special Counsel on May 17, 2019 to hide Obama FBI wrongdoing in the 2016 presidential election, the interview reports were again altered on May 30, 2019 so as to hide the team effort in writing the original reports, the FBI's illegal 702 FISA abuse prior to the election, make the Flynn investigation appear part of the Mueller probe, and hoax federal Judge Emmet Sullivan at Flynn's sentencing hearing.In August 2019 Flynn's attorney filed a motion to compel the production of the hidden evidence by the Mueller team, the exculpatory Brady material. Flynn finally erupted at prosecutors, his legal team accusing top Mueller officials of "malevolent" conduct and withholding evidence related to Strzok/Page/Ohr/Steele, etc. The motion read,
[Andrew] Weissmann and Ms. [Zainab] Ahmad while at DOJ in 2016-17 were working with Bruce Ohr (then the fourth highest ranking member of DOJ) to feed information from his wife Nellie at FusionGPS and British citizen Christopher Steele to the FBI through his secret back-channel. This was happening after the FBI terminated Mr. Steele as a paid informant because he was keeping the press informed of his “findings.” FusionGPS, Steele, and Ms. Ohr were all working for the Clinton campaign. In addition, Ms. Ohr worked for the CIA. The entire operation is further compromised by the fact that the second agent who interviewed Mr. Flynn along with former agent Strzok, was Bruce Ohr’s contact with the FBI and conducted numerous debriefings of Mr. Ohr—passing along to the FBI the corrupted and false information from the Ohrs, Steele, and FusionGPS. That agent may also have joined Special Counsel’s team. Weissmann and Ahmad were not in the DOJ chain of command to be informed by Mr. Ohr at all. They had no legitimate reason to be privy to his operation with FusionGPS and Christopher Steele. Remarkably, despite this involvement, Mr. Weissmann and Ms. Ahmad then went directly to the Special Counsel team, along with Strzok and possibly the second agent, thereby calling into question the entire investigation with their illicit involvement with Ohr and Steele. Closing the circle, Ahmad was co-counsel with Van Grack in the prosecution of Mr. Flynn. It is imperative the defense obtain the Bruce Ohr 302s and notes—unredacted—and all evidence of this circuitous and illicit operation."
Mueller Team prosecutorial misconduct
Flynn's new attorney, Sydney Powell, argued that Dep. AG Rod Rosenstein had allowed the Mueller team to threaten Flynn's son, Michael Flynn, Jr., with prosecution to coerce Flynn Sr. into a plea deal. Flynn Sr. had spent nearly $5 million on his defense by then and Flynn Jr. had a four month old baby.
- The unredacted Page-Strzok text messages as well as text messages, emails and other electronic communications to, from, or between Andrew McCabe, James Comey, Rod Rosenstein, Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, John Carlin, Aaron Rouse, Carl Ghattas, Andrew Weissmann, Tashina Gauhar, Michael Steinbach, [redacted], and Zainab Ahmad, regarding Mr. Flynn or the FISA applications or any surveillance (legal or illegal) that would have reached Mr. Flynn's communications.
- Any Sally Yates 302s or other notes that concern Mr. Flynn, including treatment of her meetings with FBI Agents on January 24 and 25, 2017, her meetings with anyone in the White House, and the draft 302 of the Flynn interview on January 24 she reviewed or was read into.
- Information identifying reporters paid by Fusion GPS and/or the Penn Quarter group to push “Russia Collusion,” communications regarding any stories about Mr. Flynn, and any testimony or statements about how the reporters were used by the government regarding Mr. Flynn.
- Any information regarding the SCO's [Special Counsel Office] and DOJ's destruction of the cell phones of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page (after being advised of the thousands of text messages that evidenced their bias) that has been classified or otherwise not available to the public from the published Inspector General Report.
- Any information regarding eradication of cell phone data, texts, emails, or other information belonging to Peter Strzok and Lisa Page that created the “gap” identified by the IG.
- Information about any parts of any polygraph examinations failed by Peter Strzok after Mr. Flynn was first the subject of any FBI investigation—authorized or unauthorized.
- All FBI 302s, notes, memoranda of James Clapper regarding Mr. Flynn, and the cell phone and home phone records of Mr. Clapper and David Ignatius between December 5, 2016, and February 24, 2017.
- The government should be ordered to produce the documents listed in this motion and to preserve all documents including phones, texts, and emails of all Special Counsel team members; that the government be ordered to show cause why the prosecutors in this matter should not be held in contempt for their failures to produce all information pursuant to this Court's Standing Order of February 16, 2018; and that after hearing and full consideration of the facts and law, this Court find the prosecutors in contempt for their failure to respect and abide by this Court's order...
- “any information, including recordings or 302s, about Joseph Mifsud’s presence and involvement in engaging or reporting on Mr. Flynn and Mifsud’s presence at the Russia Today dinner in Moscow on December 17, 2015.”
- “All payments, notes, memos, correspondence, and instructions by and between the FBI, CIA, or DOD with Stefan Halper—going back as far as 2014—regarding Michael Flynn, Svetlana Lokhova, Mr. Richard Dearlove (of MI6), and Professor Christopher Andrew (connected with MI5) and Halper’s compensation through the DOD Office of Net Assessment as evidenced by the whistleblower complaint of Adam Lovinger, addressed in our brief.”
- 2012 Defense Intelligence Agency Document: West Will Facilitate Rise of Islamic State “in Order to Isolate the Syrian Regime”
- PROCEDURES FOR THE AVAILABILITY OR DISSEMINATION OF RAW SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION BY THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY UNDER SECTION 2.3 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER 12333 (RAW SIGINT AVAILABILITY PROCEDURES). OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE. UNCLASSIFIED
- Chuck Ross: Rod Rosenstein Authorized Mueller To Investigate Flynn’s Son, Sidney Powell Says.
- US v Flynn; Case no 17-232-EGS; unsealed Motion to Compel the Production of Brady Material and for an Order to Show Cause.
- DOJ Political Surveillance – From the IRS in 2011 to the FISA Court in 2016, Posted on March 8, 2020 by sundance. theconservativetreehouse.com
- Margot Cleveland: Sidney Powell’s Latest Motion In Michael Flynn’s Case Is A Russiagate Bombshell.
- Halper attempted to smear Gen. Flynn as consorting with a Russian agent in February 2014 when Flynn was Obama's DIA director. Lokhova, a dual Russian and British citizen, said “What Halper staged is a textbook ‘black-op’ to dirty up the reputation of a political opponent. He needed an innocuous social event to place Flynn in a room with a woman who was ethnically Russian. I was unlucky he picked me." https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/04/cambridge-halper-flynn-spygate/
- Mike Flynn Legal Defense Fund
- Flynn Brady Material 2 Timeline, filed October 24, 2019.
- Fake evidence: Documented edits made to Flynn FBI interview reports by Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.
- Russiagate, Svetlana Lokhova's blog