Difference between revisions of "Left-wing violence in the Trump era"
|Line 85:||Line 85:|
Revision as of 21:57, 17 October 2020
In the immediate aftermath of the election of Donald Trump, CNN broadcast a non-spontaneous set-up piece with "Lilly," who said
|“||We can’t just do rallies, we have to fight back. There will be casualties on both sides. There will be because people have to die to make a change in this world.||”|
Trump supporters have been the victims of numerous targeted attacks, brutal violence, and hate crimes, including at left-wing college campuses. A tech company corporate CEO threatened to murder Donald Trump. The brutal and disturbing anti-Trump hate crimes (or hate crimes closely related to Trump's election) continued to occur up to the 2018 Midterm elections, and by March 2019, 334 reported hate crimes had been committed against Trump supporters. Democrat leaders, Obama and the Clinton machine refused to condemn the hate and violence. Ads for paid protesters appeared on Craigslist. Many of these protests were likely organized and coordinated, as many protestors were bused in by Coach buses. Despite the large number of left-wing and anti-Trump acts of violence, leftists faked alleged "hate crimes" by Trump supporters in order to villanize them – but a 2019 study by Nathan P. Kalmoe of Louisiana State University and Lilliana Mason of the University of Maryland found that Democrats are more likely to support political violence than Republicans. The left-wing hatred for President Trump and his supporters posed a threat to civil liberties.
Liberal media bias and fake news, which demonized conservatives and Republicans, is often said to have fanned the flames of the increase in left-wing violence against conservatives. Mainstream media outlets even promoted the notion that violent left-wingers use their violence against conservatives to bring about "peace." Many Democrats failed to condemn the violence, and top Democrat leaders encouraged the violence and hate. Much of the violence was directed against Trump supporters. The Pew Research Center found in 2017 that 47% thought that their friendships would be in danger if that friend voted for Trump, while only 13% of Republicans thinking the same thing about a friend who supported Clinton, something confirmed by Harvard Law Professor Adrian Vermeule.
According to a June 2017 Rasmussen Reports survey, 76% of Americans feared political violence.
Unsurprisingly, the left-wing violence and support of violence continued after 2017, with leftists making death threats to numerous Republican members of Congress, and with Occupy Wall Street activists calling for murdering ICE agents. Several acts of violence were directed at pro-life individuals. Many entertainers made jokes about harming President Trump. Despite all this, the Left falsely claimed that "right-wing violence" was rising. In the first two years of the Trump presidency, Breitbart News tabulated 639 violent incidents against Trump supporters – nearly one per day. Some of that violence was directed specifically against pro-life individuals.
|Due to the vast size, the list has been moved to subpages by year.|
The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) has 600 comrades in the Twin Cities who work closely with Antifa aligned groups. On May 27, 2020 the Twin Cities DSA issued a call on Twitter asking comrades for supplies at the same intersection where the Auto Zone was burned to the ground kicking off the nationwide riots. Later that evening the Marxists tweeted,
|"Want to help out your comrades protesting at the 3rd precinct? Here's a good list of much needed supplies."|
The folks on the ground attached a list and included medical supplies, plywood for shields, anything else useful for shielding from the cops. The Minneapolis Police 3rd precinct building was evacuated and burnt down hours later. Private cars were then requested. The tweet read,
|"Another big need: if you have a car, some folks may need a quick ride out of the area."|
The Twin Cities DSA Ecosocialists Working Group tweeted to comrades,
|"Support the ongoing mass working-class uprising!"|
The daughters of Democrat governor Tim Walz and Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar were two of the insurgents tweeting out strategic intelligence for the communist uprising. On May 28, 2020, after the violence and burning down of law enforcement buildings, the DSA National Political Committee issued a statement in support of the rioters:
"We the National Political Committee of the Democratic Socialists of America condemn the public execution of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis Police. His murder falls into the deeply entrenched pattern of violence, anti-Blackness, and oppression upheld by policing in this country.... This is white supremacy... We stand with and share the rage of all of those who are making themselves heard on the streets after years of being suffocated by policing and poverty after years of being looted by corporations landlords and billionaires."
On May 30, journalist Andy Ngo tweeted:
“We are witnessing glimpses of the full insurrection the far-left has been working on for decades. Within hours, militant antifa cells across the country mobilized to aid BLM rioters. The first broken window is the blood in the water for looters to move in. The fires come next.”
Ngo later added:
“Media, politicians, public—all of us—have underestimated the training, purpose & capability of left-wing extremists. Every part of the rioting has a purpose. Fires destroy economy. Riots can overwhelm police & even military. All of it leads to a destabilized state if maintained.”
In Marxist–Leninist and Maoist theory, a United front is a coalition of leftist organizations that collude for the purpose of taking over a government. In the 116th Congress, the Committees of Correspondence for Democratic Socialism, Democratic Socialists of America, Liberation Road (formerly Freedom Road Socialist Organization}, and Communist Party of the United States formally created a united front of the nation's four largest Communist organizations to take over the Democratic Party. As of 2018 the umbrella group is known as the Left Inside/Outside Project (“One foot in the institutions, one foot in the streets.”) consisted of 57,000 community organizers. At its August 2019 convention the DSA passed a resolution to form a
“National Working Group to help drive collaboration and resource sharing to support our antifascist organizing.”
Law enforcement authorities found evidence of pre-planning. The Minneapolis Star/Tribune reported:
state officials said several caches of flammable materials were found both in neighborhoods where there have already been fires and “in cars we’ve stopped as recently as this morning,” said John Harrington, state public safety commissioner. Some of the caches look like they may have been planted days ago and some only in the last 24 hours or so, he said. Police are also finding stolen vehicles with plates removed that are being used to transport the flammable materials. Looted goods and weapons also have been found in the stolen cars, he said.
The Sunrise Movement, with established groups in several major cities, has heavily recruited activists from the DSA and Liberation Road affiliated groups, such as the Pennsylvania Student Power Network. Sunrise founding activists are all current trainers with Momentum Community, which is a training workshop funded by millionaires and billionaires to “incubate” supposed "grassroots" organizations such as Sunrise and the Movimiento Cosecha (Harvest Movement). Democrat millionaire donor and former 2020 presidential election candidate Tom Steyer's NextGen America is also tied to the Sunrise Movement, and according to the New York Times, the two groups “strategize” together.
The DSA itself as of 2020 has 66,000 members nationwide and locals in almost every state. Other communist groups such as Communist Party USA, Liberation Road, Socialist Alternative, Workers World Party, Party for Socialism and Liberation, Socialist Unity Party, and Revolutionary Communist Party and their allies in Black Lives Matter and Antifa can mobilize tens of thousands of militants and organizing cadre at short notice. The American Left has the power to start race riots in nearly every major U.S. city. DSA branches in Memphis, Los Angeles, Brooklyn, Louisville, Philadelphia, and Richmond are raising funds for “George Floyd Uprisings Nationwide.”
- Left wing terrorism
- Left Wing Terrorism in the United States
- Liberal hate speech
- Leftwing war on women
- 2018 Midterm elections
- Trump Derangement Syndrome
- Media bullying
- Digital brownshirt brigade
- Refuse Fascism
- Beinart, Peter (September 2017). "The Rise of the Violent Left". The Atlantic magazine website.
- "Anti-Trump protester calls for death, violence on CNN" (November 10, 2016). YouTube video, 1:38, posted by Washington Free Beacon.
- "Video emerges of mob beating Chicago man while yelling 'don't vote Trump'" (November 10, 2016). Fox News website/crime. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Nolte, John (July 5, 2018). Rap Sheet: ***613** Acts of Media-Approved Violence and Harassment Against Trump Supporters. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (September 14, 2018). Anti-Trump Violence Ramps Up With Attempted Stabbing. The New American. Retrieved September 14, 2018.
- Mastrangelo, Alana (November 28, 2019). Rap Sheet: 117 Acts of Violence and Harassment Against Conservatives on Campus. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Facebook Live attack the latest in string of anti-Trump assaults. Fox News. January 5, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- Nolte, John (March 13, 2019). There Have Been 334 Reported Hate Crimes Against Trump Supporters. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Hasson, Peter (February 18, 2019). Here's a List of Hoax 'Hate Crimes' in the Trump Era. The Daily Caller. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Lapin, Tamar (February 21, 2019). The list of bogus ‘hate crimes’ in Trump era is long. New York Post. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- Andy Ngo. Twitter. February 16, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- Giaritelli, Anna (February 18, 2019). Jussie Smollett case the latest in long line of hoax racist attacks. Washington Examiner. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- Gomez, Christian (April 3, 2019). Hate Hoaxes: Rise of Fake “Hate Crimes”. The New American. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- Munro, Neil (February 19, 2019). Study Debunks Claim That Trump Voters More Supportive of Violence than Democrats. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Jackson, Donna (January 3, 2020). The real threat to civil rights? Trump haters. The Hill. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Harper, Jennifer (June 15, 2017). Expert identifies top media lies ‘that radicalized the violent left’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Nolte, John (August 3, 2018). Nolte: Establishment Media Normalize Racism and Hate. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Nolte, John (August 6, 2018). Nolte: Here’s Proof the Establishment Media Encourage Violence Against Trump Supporters. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Nolte, John (September 12, 2018). Violence Against Right Escalates as Media Amp up Hate-Rhetoric Against Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- McLean, Dorothy Cummings (January 22, 2019). Fox News host Laura Ingraham: ‘Complicit media’ enables left-wing ‘domestic terrorists’. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Duke, Selwyn (July 17, 2019). “Total Anarchy”: Media Now Encouraging and Politicians Tolerating Left-wing Terrorism. The New American. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Boys, Don (August 19, 2019). Mainstream media give leftists a pass on hate. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- Starr, Penny (August 19, 2017). CNN Normalizes Antifa: Leftists ‘Seek Peace Through Violence’. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- The "struggle for peace" was a central theme of communist agitprop throughout the Cold War. See: Stalin's Cold War: Soviet Strategies in Europe, 1943 to 1956, Caroline Kennedy-Pipe, Manchester University Press, 1995, p. 154.
- Richardson, Valerie (August 28, 2017). Democrats hype up leftist base, remain silent after violent antifa attack in Berkeley. The Washington Times. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (October 18, 2018). Anti-GOP Violence Escalates, Top Democrats Egg On the Goons. The New American. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Clark, Alex (June 18, 2017). A Year of Hate: 9 Times the Radicalized Left Engaged in Violence in the Trump Era. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (July 21, 2017). Study: Nearly Half of Liberals Feel Disdain for Trump Supporters, Conservatives Far More Tolerant. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- Flynn, Daniel J. (July 22, 2017). FLYNN: I Unfriend You! Polling Shows Half of Liberal Democrats Troubled by Socializing with Trump Voters. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 23, 2017.
- Williams, Thomas D. (July 22, 2017). Harvard Law Professor: ‘White Liberal College Graduates’ Are ‘the Least Tolerant’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (June 19, 2017). 76% of Americans now fear ‘political violence’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Varney, James (May 24, 2018). Anti-Trump forces threaten lawmakers' lives in name of #Resistance. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (October 10, 2018). Teacher Who Threatened Kavanaugh Quits; Paul’s Wife Sleeping With Loaded Gun. The New American. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Richardson, Bradford (June 19, 2018). Occupy Wall Street promotes killing ICE agents. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Bokhari, Allum (June 20, 2018). Twitter Takes 20 Hours to Remove Tweet Advocating Murder of ICE Agents. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Drayer, Seth (May 15, 2019). Today’s violent pro-abortion students are tomorrow’s violent pro-abortion politicians. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- Entertainers who have joked about harming Trump. Fox News. September 21, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
- Harsanyi, David (November 30, 2018). There Is No ‘Surge’ in Right-Wing Violence. The Daily Signal. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- Shaw, C. Mitchell (September 18, 2019). Right-Wing Terrorists? The New American. Retrieved October 1, 2019.
- Novielli, Carole (March 21, 2019). Violence against pro-lifers is common. The media never report it. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Attacks On Trump Supporters
- Got jumped and sliced up with a knife at a Trump rally by some Clinton supporters
- Huston, Warner Todd (June 30, 2017). Acts of Terror: A History of Left-Wing Political Violence in America. Breitbart News.
- Nussbaum, Daniel; Hudson, Jerome (June 14, 2017). 15 Times Celebrities Envisioned Violence Against Trump and the GOP. Breitbart News.
- A timeline of Antifa violence, January to August 2017. dailywire.com
- Antifa.news - Watchdog report