Homosexuality in Schools
The Traditional Values Coalition states regarding the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) that co-sponsored a workshop where "instructors encouraged children as young as 14 years of age to engage in life-threatening sex acts.":
|“|| GLSEN targets children for recruitment into the homosexual lifestyle...through GLSEN chapters that sponsor hundreds of Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) clubs on junior high and high school campuses across the United States.
GLSEN gets into schools by claiming that homosexual and transgender students need to feel safe and encouraged; and that so-called homosexual/transgender teens have high rates of suicide and need a support group. When this tactic fails, GLSEN then threatens legal action against school districts that refuse to allow these recruitment clubs on campus. The American Civil Liberties Union has volunteered to serve as the enforcement arm of GLSEN to impose a homosexual agenda on the nation's public schools.
Promotion of the homosexual agenda in public schools
Many public schools throughout the United States promote the homosexual agenda, oftentimes through publicly-funded school programs created by GLSEN. Much of this was the work of the Obama Administration. GLSEN also promotes the homosexual agenda through a "day of silence." In 2016, California became the first state to legislate the teaching of the homosexual agenda in public schools to children as young as second grade. These California students are now banned from opting-out from this indoctrination. New Jersey legislators passed a law requiring the homosexual agenda to be taught in public schools.
In schools where the homosexual agenda is promoted, students who promote the Confederate flag may expect to face disciplinary actions. In March 2019, an Ohio public school student was suspended for posting Bible verses next to homosexual flags.
- Prokop, Hannah (November 11, 2016). Prairie Ridge High School suspends student for wearing Confederate flag to school. Northwest Herald. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Heyer, Walt (June 8, 2015). Public School LGBT Programs Don't Just Trample Parental Rights. They Also Put Kids at Risk. The Witherspoon Institute -- Public Discourse. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (April 11, 2015). Day of Silence: How the LGBT Agenda Is Hijacking America’s Youth. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (July 19, 2016). California: 1st State To Teach LGBT Curriculum — to Second Graders. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (January 4, 2018). Students Banned From Opting Out of LGBT Education. The New American. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Del Guidice, Rachel (April 29, 2019). Parents protest extreme pro-LGBT school curricula legislation at New Jersey state house. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- Wyoming school district bans Confederate flags, allows gay-pride ones. The Washington Times (from the Associated Press). April 20, 2019. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- Gstalter, Morgan (March 13, 2019). Ohio student suspended for 'targeting' Gay-Straight Alliance by posting Bible verses in response to LGBT flags. The Hill. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- Kaplan, Talia (March 12, 2019). Ohio student suspended after posting Bible verses around school: 'I wanted to spread the word of God'. Fox News. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
|Abuse • Acts • Agenda • Alcoholism • Anglophones • Animals • Arguments against • Beliefs • Bible • Brokeback Mountain • California ban • Causes • Choices • Civil union • Cross dressing • Cupid • Diversity • Domestic violence • Don't ask • Drugs • Ex-homosexuals • Gay • Gay pride • Gay rights • Greece • Genetics • Health • Heroism • Holocaust • Homophobia • Laws • Lesbianism • Media • Mental • Murder • Nazis • Obsession • Opponents • Outing • Overcoming • Quotes • Research • Revisionism • Rome • Schools • Scotland • Smoking • Society • Statistics • Teenagers • Therapy • Views • Violence • Persecution by atheists|