Essay:List of celebrities who support the Second Amendment
This essay is an original work by TheAmericanRedoubt. Please comment only on the talk page.
- 1 Incremental Gun-Grabbing of the Police State - Nanny State
- 2 Summary List of Celebrity Second Amendment Supporters
- 3 Detailed Profiles of Celebrity Second Amendment Supporters
- 3.1 Brad Pitt
- 3.2 Angelina Jolie
- 3.3 Joe Perry of Aerosmith
- 3.4 Miranda Lambert
- 3.5 Johnny Depp
- 3.6 Clint Eastwood
- 3.7 James Earl Jones
- 3.8 Dana Loesch
- 3.9 Bruce Willis
- 3.10 Ice-T
- 3.11 Ted Nugent
- 3.12 Tom Selleck
- 3.13 Chuck Norris
- 3.14 Eric Clapton
- 3.15 Gary Sinise
- 3.16 Joe Mantegna
- 3.17 Adam Baldwin
- 3.18 Kevin Sorbo
- 3.19 R. Lee Ermey
- 3.20 Dan Bilzerian
- 3.21 Dean Cain
- 3.22 S.E. Cupp
- 3.23 James Hetfield (of Metallica)
- 3.24 Brooke Anne Smith
- 4 See Also
- 5 External Links
- 6 References
Incremental Gun-Grabbing of the Police State - Nanny State
According to all of the major Second Amendment defender organizations, liberals and socialists support so-called "common sense" measures - a "good first step" of the Police state - Nanny state. To a conservative citizen-prepper-patriot Oath Keeper and to the Bill of Rights, this is "death by a thousand paper cuts". (See List of celebrities against Second Amendment)
Conservative gun owners support the Second Amendment Foundation and this video, which is the formal response to Hollywood's Demand a Plan gun-grabbing propaganda video. The video shows one of the main differences between liberal gun control Nanny states (Blue states) and conservative and/or libertarian Second Amendment-supporting "free states" (Red states). This video shows why conservatives and libertarians "vote with our feet": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBelF4UddcY
It’s a common misconception that all celebrities are liberal, anti gun snobs. This is simply not true. Just like in any group of people there are those who support and those who oppose private gun ownership, self-defense and home security
Now, I’m sure many of you who normally despise keeping up with what celebrities are thinking, “Hey, why should we care what these celebrities think?”
Good question, and the answer is simple, it’s good, positive exposure for private gun ownership. You might not care what some celebrities think, but a lot of people [sadly] do, so having some on our side certainly doesn't hurt.
Just like all other elitist "one world government" globalist socialists (including the celebrity-celebrating Obama Administration), one of the key elements to the National Socialist-Nazi)'s initial success in taking over all of Germany and much of Europe was citizen disarmament through the National Socialist's liberal policies of gun control and mainstream media propaganda demonization through class warfare.
In the article List of celebrities against Second Amendment is a list of liberal "gun grabbing" celebrities who are against the Second Amendment and the unalienable rights of self-defense, home security, and Castle Doctrine. May of these persons have earned a lot of money in movies and TV shows where they routinely use firearms. You may consider boycotting them and not supporting these gun grabbing celebrities who make liberal mainstream media propaganda against our unalienable gun rights.
The following is a list of generally conservative or libertarian American Patriot celebrities who are for the Second Amendment. May of these persons have earned a lot of money in movies and TV shows where they routinely use firearms. You may consider supporting those celebrities who support our gun rights:
Summary List of Celebrity Second Amendment Supporters
- Adam Baldwin
- Dan Bilzerian
- Charles Bronson
- Chef Alton Brown
- Jimmy Cagney
- Dean Cain
- Eric Clapton
- S.E. Cupp
- Johnny Depp
- Clint Eastwood
- Sam Elliot
- R. Lee Ermey
- James Hetfield of Metallica
- Angelina Jolie
- James Earl Jones
- Tommy Lee Jones
- John F. Kennedy
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Miranda Lambert
- Dana Loesch
- Joe Mantegna
- Chuck Norris
- Ted Nugent
- Joe Perry of Aerosmith
- Brad Pitt
- Tom Selleck
- Gary Sinise
- Brooke Anne Smith
- Kevin Sorbo
- Jimmy Stewart
- John Wayne
- Bruce Willis
Detailed Profiles of Celebrity Second Amendment Supporters
Brad Pitt said in a recent interview with British magazine Live (in response to more gun control following the Colorado movie shooting), “I absolutely don’t believe you can put sanctions or shackles on what is made. Nor do I want to pretend the world is different than what we witnessed that night… America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don’t feel safe, I don’t feel the house is completely safe, if I don’t have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong.”
Pitt also recently built a $400,000 shooting range as a wedding gift to fiance Angelina Jolie.
Angelina Jolie, an avid shooter (she has to be, to be getting her own $400k shooting range), Jolie has several times expressed her support of the Second Amendment.
In 2008, Jolie told the U.K.’s Daily Mail, “I bought original, real guns of the type we used in ‘Tomb Raider’ for security. Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one. And yes, I’d be able to use it if I had to … If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I’ve no problem shooting them.”
Joe Perry of Aerosmith
Perry says, “I have always been fascinated with guns. I grew up in America so granted, it is part of our heritage and it is written into the laws of how this country is run,” he said. “I’ve been fascinated with all kinds of weapons my whole life, and as I have been able to afford to acquire pieces, here and there I started to collect.”
Lambert said, “I carry a weapon. I got a death threat a few years ago and was really scared. But I don’t want bodyguards. I am my own security.“
Johnny Depp recalls fond memories about shooting as a kid and plans to teach his children to shoot.
Depp says, “We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns,” Depp admits. “When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren’t shooting at humans – we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice.”
Eastwood once said, “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
Eastwood is a tireless supporter of the Second Amendment and a supporter of the NRA and other pro gun organizations.
James Earl Jones
James Earl Jones once said, “The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
Jones is also a member of the NRA.
"Dana Loesch exposes the global alliance of elitists, media activists, Hollywood celebrities, campus radicals and political power mongers who have openly attacked sacred American values and the people who cherish them with ruthlessness, contempt and downright hatred. She calls out these Godless Left saboteurs for sharing the same fanatical fervor to tear apart the foundations of America as the Muslim terrorists who threaten our very survival." See her excellent video NRA News Commentators | Dana Loesch: "The Godless Left"
Bruce Willis, the famous action star, said in a 2000 interview with USA Weekend, “Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys.” Even a pacifist, he insists, would get violent if someone were trying to kill her. “You would fight for your life. You’d use a rock or tear one of these chairs out of the floor.”
The rapper/actor Ice-T is not only a supporter of the right to bear arms, but it sounds like he understands the historical point of thee Second Amendment better than most. Saying earlier this year following the shooting in Colorado, “The right to bear arms is because that’s the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt.”
We would list some sources to show Ted Nugent’s support of the Second Amendment, but I don’t think we have the space. Nugent might be the most outspoken celebrity supporter of the Second Amendment ever.
Tom Selleck is a member of the NRA, an NRA board member and one of the NRA’s spokesman. Selleck has long found himself defending his views throughout his career, but has remained a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment.
Chuck Norris has been a long time defender of the right to bear arms.
While Chuck Norris’s feet and hands may be more deadly than any weapons, and as such he doesn’t need firearms, he supports the rights of normal humans to own them.
He even did a funny commercial a while back for “Trigger the Vote” campaign.
According to an interview with The Sun in 2008, the rock singer Eric Clapton took up shooting in 2003 and has built up quite the collection of firearms including many high end shotguns.
The singer/songwriter said, “I like a gun to look like a working tool but it’s a magnificent piece of art as well.”
Clapton liquidated some of his collection in 2008.
“It is following the same pattern as when I collected guitars,” he says. “I get obsessed, then engulfed and finally narrow the collection down.”
Trust me Mr. Clapton, we can all relate.
Gary Sinise gave a great, commonsense interview to Larry King (see below).
Sinise makes the point that it’s a Second Amendment right and that bad guys aren’t going to turn their weapons in so good people need to be able to protect themselves.
Joe Mantegna, the Criminal Minds star, has been an outspoken supporter of gun rights, giving interviews and hosting pro gun TV shows as well. Mantegna is an avid skeet shooter and competition shooter.
I guess we’d have to break it down into categories. For a handgun? No question. It would be the M1911. That wasn’t the very first handgun I shot, but it was the one I ultimately used competitively. I just enjoy the caliber, I’ve shot pretty much every handgun caliber you can think of, and the .45 ACP is perfect. It has mass, the recoil is a little more, you get a lot of push, but you don’t get a lot of torque. And it’s just the aesthetics of it—it’s old school—it’s what I carry on “Criminal Minds.” I made that choice as I thought this guy would be old-school and this would be the firearm he would carry. The M1911 is classic. I think it’s the first one we’re doing in our series “Gun Stories.”
Adam Baldwin is no relation to the anti gun Baldwin brothers.
Baldwin regularly uses his Twitter fan base of over 100,000 followers to promote pro gun articles and ideas.
Kevin Sorbo has regularly used his Facebook page (with over 150,000 followers) to talk about the issue of gun rights. Sorbo posted the following to one status update last year, “You can [take] all guns away and the bad guys will still get guns!! Do you honestly believe the bad guys care about any stupid law that is passed??!! This is why we call them bad guys!” It sounds like he gets it!
R. Lee Ermey
The Gunny himself! R. Lee Ermey is a veteran Marine and accomplished actor now spends his time as one of the official spokesmen for Glock firearms. I’m pretty sure being pro-gun is a requirement for that job. Ermey can often be found at media events, gun shows and other public engagements to promote the Glock brand as well as firearms ownership overall.
Dan Bilzerian has had minor roles in “Lone Survivor,” “Olympus Has Fallen,” and “The Other Woman.” He is also an accomplished professional poker player with reported winnings in the tens of millions of dollars. Over the last 2 years, Bilzerian has continued his movie and poker career, but has also become a social media celebrity. Between his Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts, Bilzerian has tens of millions of fans who follow him for his photos of beautiful women, extreme adventures, and his impressive gun collection, including numerous NFA items.
Dean Cain who played Superman. Yep, it seems like Superman himself is fairly pro-gun. The actor has repeatedly used his Twitter account to slam gun control policies and he told fellow celeb Rob Lowe that he “would be keeping his guns” during one exchange. Another celeb who gets it.
S.E. Cupp is a well known political commentator, writer and television host. Cupp is currently a regular on CNN and is a co-host of the popular television show Crossfire. Cupp regularly uses her position to speak out in favor of gun rights and gun ownership.
James Hetfield (of Metallica)
James Hetfield of Metallica is a strong supporter of both gun rights and hunting. In an interview with Field and Stream Magazine Hetfield is reported as saying the following, “I love my guns. I love that my dad handed them down to me, and I’m taking care of them. To me, though, some of the gun laws definitely don’t make any sense, but also the Second Amendment is very important to me.”
Brooke Anne Smith
- Hollywood conservatives
- List of Conservative or pro-Conservative Hollywood stars
- Hollywood conservatives
- List of celebrities against Second Amendment
- Gun control:
- List of celebrities against Second Amendment - always Liberal Elitists
- Hollywood values
- San Francisco values
- Professor values
- Big Government: Liberal ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Gun control, Militarization of police, Asset forfeiture and Domestic mass surveillance of law-abiding citizens via the Police state: Globalist-United Nations-Statist-Socialist-National Socialist-Communist
- Second Amendment unalienable Gun rights versus Liberal Gun control
- Essay:Why do conservatives own firearms? -- According to Thomas Jefferson it is as the final deterrent against potential Tyranny of government
- Invest in tangibles: Firearms - buy Precious metals (that is Copper-jacketed lead and [[Firearms])
- Boston T. Party’s State Firearms Laws Rankings from Boston's Gun Bible -- Vote with your Feet
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
- You & the Police! by Boston T. Party a.k.a.Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
Celebrity Mass-Murdering Elitists
- Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Chairman Mao, Kim Jung Il, Polpot
- Liberalism: Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- Mobocracy, Social Effects of the Theory of Evolution, Anti-Semitism, Communist Racism, Genocide, Holocaust
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police State liberals not conservatives
- Propaganda and Liberal bias of the Mainstream media
The Alternative is to Vote with Your Feet away from the Gun-Grabbing Elitists
- Strategic relocation
- American Redoubt - Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Eastern Oregon, Eastern Washington
- Free State Wyoming - Molon Labe! by Boston T. Party
- Free State Project
- Brink of Freedom
- Strategic Relocation - North American Guide to Safe Places by Joel Skousen
- Rawles on Retreats and Relocation by James Wesley Rawles
- Second Amendment - Shall not be infringed - Bill of Rights
- Republicanism - Founding Fathers
- Oath Keepers - uphold your Oath to support and defend
- As of December 8, 2014, there are 60,819 views on YouTube of Second Amendment Foundation's Equal Gun Rights, Online. Published on Feb 24, 2013. http://equalgunrights.com and http://saf.org. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBelF4UddcY.
- Fair use: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/11-pro-gun-celebrities-yes-they-do-exist 23 Pro Gun Celebrities – Yes, They Do Exist! **UPDATED July 2014** Accessed December 26, 2014
- http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/21/aerosmith-leader-joe-perry-talks-ons-guns-classic-firearms-defending-second/?intcmp=features Accessed December 26, 2014
- http://www.self.com/healthystars/2012/06/miranda-lambert-slideshow#slide=6 Accessed December 26, 2014
- http://www.webcitation.org/5msOk5618 Accessed December 26, 2014. Original was at http://www.usaweekend.com/00_issues/000213/000213willis.html
- http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ice_T_Pro_Guns/34931660 Accessed December 26, 2014
- http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/talking-with-joe-mantegna/ Accessed December 26, 2014
- http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/01/11/Godwin-s-Gun-Grabber-Salon Accessed December 26, 2014