Costco is an American membership "warehouse" type general merchandise chain that sells everything from canned hams to home computers. Most items are sold in bulk. It is the second largest retailer in the United States and the third largest in the world. Costco is also the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States.
Like its online competitor Amazon.com, Costco is headquartered in Washington State. Costco's founder went to liberal public schools for all his formal education and it shows: 10 reasons why you shouldn’t shop at Costco
- Essay:Buy Made in America
- Supply chain: Just in Time distribution system and Transportation
- Warehouse Stores:: Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Costco and Amazon.com
- Food distribution system: Transportation (trucks, ships, railroad, and airplanes), warehousing, and retail facilities which move food from the food production system to consumers.
- Infrastructure: Systems of support
- Food production system: Modern industrial big Agri-business versus Permaculture