Found another one!
I made something for you
Please check your email
Please check your email. I just sent you a important message. Conservative 19:21, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
I have been on this site now for a couple of weeks. I think that I have contributed in a reasonable manner. I am not a vandal. I do not make edits that are vulgar or inappropriate for children or unsupported by facts. The fact that I do not rollover and play dead when confronted with attacks on my work or my thinking does not seem like reason to block me since I have shown a history of playing by the rules. I am also willing to admit error (see the Strom Thurmond edits). Please keep all of this in mind. Thank you. Wismike 10:40, 16 August 2007 (EDT)Wismike
- I do. I also keep in mind that it is counter-productive to allow users to snipe away at will, or run off making major changes without first discussing them. As you can see from the results, what we ended up with is far better than before. Working in concert with others (Sysops and Editors) is what I endeavor to do, but it takes patience, coordination and communication, so you keep that in mind. Thurmond, since you bring it up, was an abomination, and that was after your post to RobS. Check the edits and the edit notes, please. As for "rolling over", please remember this isn't warfare or a contest. ;-) --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 12:52, 16 August 2007 (EDT)
- Fair enough! Wismike 15:18, 16 August 2007 (EDT)Wismike
Would you please edit his category again so that it's cat:United States Senators? Merci! Aziraphale 16:27, 16 August 2007 (EDT) <-where do you think I got this out-RAGE-ous accent?
- Okay...but I sure wish you would quit switching them! :p |RUNS!| --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 17:18, 16 August 2007 (EDT)
- Why I ought'ta... Aziraphale 17:31, 16 August 2007 (EDT) <-woise guy
How do you like my parodies located here: User:Conservative ?
Conservative 18:16, 16 August 2007 (EDT)
- I sent you an email, I received a read receipt. Use it or email, but try to remember not to post on pages about administrative actions, ok? ;-) People would not search for Human, but Humans or Human beings. There is more to this than meets the eye. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 01:30, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
May I please ask why you blanked and deleted my userpage? --AutoFire 16:16, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry, but perhaps you were using some slight of hand here? Andy will create a new user name for you, and relay the password, provided you have followed the rules and included a good email address, and enabled email by checking the boxes. You requested a new account because you claimed to have lost the password. No permission was given to make another account. We do that for you, so your complete history will be moved as well...after all, your user history is considered community property here. We can do the change later tonight, please just email me so your password can be sent, and then you can change it. This account was blocked, I thought, but since that was done during a backup and installation of some extensions, it must have been screwed up. Sorry. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 16:38, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- Ah, whoops, my bad. Sorry. --AutoFire 16:42, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- That is quite okay. Easy to make mistakes about deleting a user history, or trying to escape it, lol. But you have to admit, there isn't a pack of thugs here attacking you for doing it, eh? Maybe something to ponder, as this is a Conservative site, not a Liberal one, but it is always the Liberals attacking and denigrating others unendingly over mistakes. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 18:01, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
Manual of style?
Could you look at Conservapedia talk:Manual of Style and address if it really is a good idea to have article names in title caps? It appears it would make life much more difficult for people writing articles and you would have thousands of articles to rename and adjust rather than a few hundred articles to make lower case. --Rutm 20:26, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- The decision has been made. If you wish to talk more about it, you can contact me on Yahoo or AIM messengers. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 20:29, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
Away for a bit...
Just wanted you to know that I'm taking a break for a bit. I know the front page changes focus every few days... when the current attack on public education dies back down to the usual dull roar I'll try to swing back into things, but I get pretty conflicted when I contribute while Andy and Co. go off what I consider to be the deep end.
Anyway, not "withdrawing from the project," just counting to 10, so to speak. Aziraphale 01:34, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
TK, I just noticed something that I thought I should bring to your attention. The bulk of the article on the NAS is copied verbatim from their main website. The following comes from the NAS Legal Information Page: "Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Therefore, reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission."
This should be addressed as soon as possible.--Porthos 17:22, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- I will be blocking you soon as a troll. You are not even looking at their permissions, and quoting all of them, are you? Copyright violations are something all should be concerned about, and of course we would remove anything on demand, but we don't go jerking down stuff, just because you get PO'd at me for not removing a cat. Have you got it yet? I rather imagine it was considered okay to copy, because it is considered a government website. However, I have emailed E. William Colglazier, asking for permission. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 17:28, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
for the help with the references section. Ungtss 19:57, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
- No problem. Please make sure you do the same with your other article, okay? --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 21:51, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
Since you've got so many pages you're watching, I thought I'd squeak my wheel a little bit. (That's not a dirty euphemism, is it?) On User Talk:Aziraphale/categories you'll find a dozen or so protected articles and categories that need fixing up. Thanks! Aziraphale 12:56, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- And another thing while I've got your attention - cat:US States is going to become cat:United States States, which is a bit odd-sounding. I like the sound of cat:States of the United States better, but on a hunch I checked WP and that's their cat name as well. It IS a better name, though. Can I use it, or is it too mimic-y of WP for your taste? Either way is fine in the grand scheme. Aziraphale 15:07, 22 August 2007 (EDT) <-rahr! that's right, rahr!
- Haven't got to your page yet! States of the United States is fine. I also made U.S. Chartered Organizations, to include National Academies, The Boy Scouts of America, and I think even Baseball received a charter, but not so sure on that one. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 15:24, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yep, and you protected it. ;) So if you want it to stay as "U.S." then it will. heheheheh Anyway, thanks! Aziraphale 15:58, 22 August 2007 (EDT) <-grateful, not dead
- Protected what? U.S. Chartered Organizations is fine....very few would ever go there. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 16:07, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, but you used "U.S." instead of "United States"... Aziraphale 16:48, 22 August 2007 (EDT) <-just sayin'...
- I understand. Sometimes there are exceptions to rules, and do we really want a category that long? If you think it unwise, I bow to your expertise on this. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 16:51, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- My "gut" answer is that we should go with "United States" just to be consistent. But this does actually lead me to another thought that I had - this is Conservapedia. You've got an American flag in the logo, for pete's sake. Would it really be so bad if the category was simply "Chartered Organizations"? You make it a sub-category of "United States" or "United States Government," and leave it at that.
- That's not exactly a recommendation, more like a topic to be thrown out there for discussion. Sooo... your thoughts? Aziraphale 17:20, 22 August 2007 (EDT) <-U! S! A!! U! S! A!!
http://www.conservapedia.com/Category:U.S._Government_Chartered_Organizations isnt locked. Other is open now. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 17:34, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- Whoops! I wasn't clear, sorry. It's not that the category is locked, it's that all of the articles still inside of it OUR categorized - categories exist only when articles are in it, so I was thinking in terms of all of the subordinate articles. I apologize again, that was a miscommunication on my part. Anyway, what's your take on no "US" or any sort in front of some categories? Should I take this to your sandbox? Aziraphale 17:47, 22 August 2007 (EDT) <-saaaaaaaaaandboooooooooxxxx!!!!
- Yes, but here is the answer anyway: We decided to make it all United States, no plain US, and in articles, okay to use U.S. after first occurance, same for United Kingdom/U.K., always with periods. For uniformity, I suppose we need to make it all the same....United States fits better than United States of America, for if we use that, we also get into using United Kingdom of ___ ____ ___ and all that! --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 17:50, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
a question about pictures
Hi, how can I put a picture on my personal page? I do some amateur photography and would love to use some of my photos on my personal page. Thanks! --Todd16 01:06, 23 August 2007 (EDT)
By the way, I like the LOL picture above :) Todd
- Todd, if you give me the link to what you want, I can upload it for you, and place the link to it on your page. Happy to help. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 03:17, 23 August 2007 (EDT)
Sent you email
Yep, that's what I did, I sent you email. Aziraphale 13:46, 27 August 2007 (EDT) <-sent you email, yep...
- Well, I will alert the Secret Service then. :P Thanks for the notification! --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 13:47, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- You'll never guess what I just did... *looks at topic heading* D'oh! Aziraphale 11:17, 31 August 2007 (EDT) <-d'oh d'oh d'oh...
Will you look at her recent edits to Atheism? Thanks! --Todd 22:28, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- Todd, I am not seeing any edits by that user to Atheism! Are you sure you have the right article? --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 23:25, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- It was to the talk page--she made a statement like "change it or I will." I think that kind of stuff is rude. It looks like she's already been taken out of the site. --Todd 23:27, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- That user was the sock of some other vandal. Bohdan 23:30, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- Ahhh, yes, I see! Thank you Comrade Bohdan, I have notified the Bucharest Secret Police! Thanks for the sharp eye, Todd, it's appreciated! --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 00:00, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
- is that where he is? Bohdan 00:03, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
- It has been decided to use Title Case for all article names. But, Ed Poor is searching for a special wikimedia extension that will display the article in Title Case, but allow us to actually make them otherwise. Until then, please just add any new ones per policy in case he doesn't locate what he thinks he saw before. ;-) --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 00:02, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
- My last comment was way out of place. It was supposed to be here, about Ed Poor. Bohdan 00:17, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
- No, I knew about article names. I was talking about within the article itself. I uncapitalized things like Conservative and Liberal, because they are not proper nouns, then you and Rob recapitalized them. I said that this is not good grammar, and you said you would consort with the "group" and get back to me. I was just wondering if you had reached a decision on this point yet. JazzMan 00:08, 28 August 2007 (EDT) <-- Likey the new signature?
- Yes, well, I can see now, Bohdan was wondering if that was where Ed has been...searching for that extension! He has a project keeping him busy. Jazz, I will be back at you..... --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 00:44, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
I sent you a email
I sent you a email. Conservative 19:29, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
A quetion for you about the 90 - 10 rule
I haven't been here very long, but I just read about the 90/10 rule. Since you seem to be in charge of the site along with Mr. Scalafy, can you tell me how long I have to make sure I am making the 90 part? Is it a hundred changes or ten? Thanks for your help! --Todd 20:30, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, Todd, just me in charge along with Andy and 30 some other Sysops and Bureaucrats! :P You are fairly new, so you won't be getting hassled about it soon, but it is more of a guideline than hard and fast, unless you are taking up trolling, arguing, etc. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 01:32, 29 August 2007 (EDT)
- Nevermind, Andy beat you to it. I thought he was AFK...:-) Jinkas 13:50, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
I think my main IP has been blocked. I received this message earlier:
The block was made by TK. The reason given is '. You can contact TK or another administrator to discuss the block. You cannot use the 'email this user' feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences. Your current IP address is 22.214.171.124, and the block ID is #17390. Please include either or both of these in any queries.
I am using a large network. Could this be the problem?(ErstBlenchPoet 15:24, 30 August 2007 (EDT))
Strange, it works now. Oh well, all's well that ends well.(ErstBlenchPoet 16:09, 30 August 2007 (EDT))
- I did change a range block that was perhaps encompassing your IP. Time will tell if you are a vandal or not, eh? --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 16:18, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Hopefully it will show that I am not :) (ErstBlenchPoet 16:25, 30 August 2007 (EDT))
TK, could you temporarily unlock the Mike Huckabee page for a few minutes. I've found the some spelling mistakes that need to be fixed, as well as a unbacked claim. Thanks, --Tash 17:45, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- Okay, I'm done. Thanks TK! --Tash 18:19, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Thanks for your note. I do have a request though. I corresponded with DarkNova after his block and your subsequent unblock. I gave him a chance to become unblocked by creating some articles. He never took me up on the offer or even tried to negotiate with me. I knew he had no intention of becoming a productive editor. I do ask that you not unblock people I block. I don't have a reputation as a block happy admin. Conservative 19:53, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- Well, you do know where you can post such negotiations, right? Thanks, and God Bless! --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 20:07, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
I am trying to discuss the media bias towards Michelle Rhee on the main discussion page however my account name Dollanganger has been blocked by Poor Ed. I have written to Poor Ed as well. I do not honestly feel that I have violated any of Conservapedia’s standards. If you could be please please unblock my IP address I would appreciate it.
Dollanganger--QJWin 15:52, 31 August 2007 (EDT)