Thunderf00t is one of the more popular YouTube atheists. Thunderf00t debated the American evangelist Ray Comfort and the debate did not go well for him and he was nervous during the discussion/debate. Atheist Matt Dillahunty indicated he was "disappointed" in Thunderf00t's debate performance and referred to his debate performance as "weak sauce". In nearly all Christianity vs. atheism debates, atheists fare very poorly. Ray Comfort was very gracious in his commentary concerning the debate and took Thunderf00t out to lunch after the debate.
Largely preaches to the atheist choir vs. effective Christian online evangelism
Using data from professional survey organizations, academic research and other information, supporters of the Question evolution! campaign have indicated:
1. Thunderf00t largely preaches to the atheist choir while millions of people are reporting to become Christians after seeing Christian internet evangelism gospel presentations.
- More evidence that internet evangelism and inoculating people against atheism and evolutionism is an effective strategy
2. Global atheism is shrinking and is expected to shrink at accelerated rate and effect Western World atheism. Internet atheists such as Thunderf00t will not be able to stop this trend nor will other atheism evangelism efforts.
3. Internet atheism has largely failed and leading atheism websites are seeing significant losses of traffic. Thunderf00t's abysmal performance in the Ray Comfort and Thunderf00t discussion was indicative of atheism not being able to bear up under cross-examination. The same can be said concerning creation scientists largely winning the creation vs. evolution public debates.
4. Atheism is a weak ideology and internet evangelism combined with inoculating people against evolutionism and atheism will cause global atheism to shrink faster.
5. Including Thunderf00t, there is a lack of sound leadership within the atheist community
Failure to address the 15 questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer
On October 1, 2011, the popular video creator Shockofgod created a video mentioning Thunderf00t and atheist Matt Dillahunty which discussed Thunderf00t's and Matt Dillahunty's inability to answer Creation Ministries International's list of 15 Questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer which are a focus of their Question evolution! campaign. VIDEO
Thunderf00t and Greg Laden's removal from freethoughtblogs.com
See also: Atheist factions
Thunderf00t is the most popular atheist evolutionist at YouTube.
|“|| As many of you are no doubt aware, there’s been a lot of strife in this community lately. Some of it has been in public, some of it was in private and some of it may well go from being private to public as a result of all of this. So let me give you the news and clear the air:
We are parting company with two of our bloggers: Thunderf00t and Greg Laden. We wish them both the best but, unfortunately, their behavior towards other members of the community has made it impossible to keep them as part of our network. This is not a matter of a disagreement or difference of opinion, but of behavior that we cannot condone or support.
None of this is a reflection on the worth of the many contributions that both of these people have made to the atheist cause. I hope and am confident that they will both continue to offer a lot of good things to this community.
The matter which appeared to spark the contention was how to properly deal with the significant amount of misogny within the atheist community (see: Atheism and women and Atheism and rape and Elevatorgate and Women's views of Richard Dawkins and Atheist leaders and immoral relationships).
Matt Dillahunty on events surrounding Thunderf00t's removal from FreeThoughtblogs
Christian/theist responses to Thunderf00t being banned from Freethoughtblogs
A supporter of the Question evolution! campaign wrote:
|“|| While YouTube most popular evolutionist Thunderf00t largely preaches to the atheist choir and gets embroiled in a bitter dispute concerning getting booted off of Freethoughtblogs, online Christian evangelism efforts are beginning to achieve massive results. Millions of people are reporting becoming Christians after going to Christian internet evangelism websites while atheism internet evangelism performs poorly and leading atheism website see losses of traffic.
I love Thunderf00t's new video FreeThoughtBlogs and PZ Myers which sternly begins with his finger pointed up in the air: "This is your one warning!".
- Thunderf00t hiding from the 15 questions
- Does Thunderf00t lack machismo?
- This year's best atheist debaters
Other related resources:
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evidence for Christianity
- Thunderf00t - Ray Comfort discussion
- Atheism and Debate
- Atheism and the internet
- Thunderf00t is weak sauce
- Evolutionists are "weak sauce" - video mentioning Thunderf00t and atheist Matt Dillahunty
- Evolutionists are "weak sauce" part 1 of 3
- Evolutionists are "weak sauce" part 2 of 3
- Evolutionists are "weak sauce" part 3 of 3
- Thunderf00t - YouTube channel
- Thunderf00t blog
- Thunderf00t Facebook page
- ↑ Atheist Matt Dillahunty shocks atheists with admission
- ↑ http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/2009/07/debate-with-thunderfoot.html
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAP719vrO7Y
- ↑ Major changes at freethoughtblogs - Ed Brayton
- ↑ Thunderf00t, check your email - PZ Myers
- ↑ Thunderf00t on how to handle misogny in the atheist community
- ↑ SkepchickCON and the Harassment LOL-icy
- ↑ Is it ‘Freethoughtblogs’ or ‘Group-think-blogs’?
- ↑ Regarding Thunderf00t, FTB, harassment and privacy
- ↑ More evidence that internet evangelism and inoculating people against atheism and evolutionism is an effective strategy to grind down atheism more rapidly
- ↑ Freethoughtblogs and PZ Myes
- ↑ [http://voxday.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-fascistthoughtblogs.html Vox Fay on Freethoughtblogs