Joaquín, thanks for creating this article. --Crocoite 10:22, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
Reorder in Alpha order?
It would be easier to follow the topics if they were in Alphabetical order. What do you think? --Crocoite 10:32, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you for your comment. Please do whatever you think that could improve the article. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 08:01, 2 September 2007 (EDT)
This is an awesome page. Thanks for all the work on it, guys. I was wondering why Evolution is listed under Sexuality, though. DanH 23:58, 6 September 2007 (EDT)
Other Thoughts for inclusion
Learn together 14:52, 10 September 2007 (EDT)
I can't help it, but am I seriously the only one who thinks that this page has too many images? And worse, some images look somewhat out of place ("candle" next to Entertainment and "Conservapedians world" next to Sexuality?)
Suggestion: Move the picture from "Arts" to "History", get rid of the cannon that is currently there, and look for more fitting images for the sections mentioned above (Rush for "Entertainment", for example). Optionally, look for somebody who is more representative than Sher Zieve for the "News" section. Some FOX anchorman maybe? --Jenkins 08:42, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
A few thoughts
The definition of virgin given on this page needs to be changed. As it is now it is not correct; it is not the marital status of someone that defines whether or not he or she is a virgin. Second, I don't feel like the large "OURS" picture at the top of the article is appropriate at all--there are beautiful people in all parts of the political spectrum, and that picture feels like it is needlessly going after sex-appeal and objectifying women. Jinkas 14:36, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- Please, do not limit yourself to "thoughts". You may also collaborate. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 15:12, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- I usually would, but the page is locked for editing and I'm not a sysop. I decided to leave my thoughts here and hope that someone with sysop abilities could implement them for me. Jinkas 15:20, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- Any chance either of these changes can be made? It's been a couple of days. Jinkas 16:48, 23 September 2007 (EDT)
- A virgin is a person that has not had sexual relations. And I didn't say that a different picture should be placed at the beginning of the article, only that the current picture be removed for reasons posted above. I don't feel like it needs to be replaced with something different; the article is very picture-heavy as it is. Jinkas 17:22, 23 September 2007 (EDT)
- We need a better difinition. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 19:41, 24 September 2007 (EDT)
- What do you mean? That's the definition. Is it our place to come up with new definitions to words? Jinkas 20:30, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- Hello? Anyone? The definition is currently wrong, and the opening picture to the article is currently rather sexist. Jinkas 11:32, 28 September 2007 (EDT)
- I don't feel like the collaboration on this locked article is going very well... Jinkas 01:58, 2 October 2007 (EDT)
Under "Politics" please include the American Family Association. Their website is www.afa.org. They have conducted a number of boycotts against companies supporting anti-family behavior. Thanks Learn together 11:23, 26 September 2007 (EDT)
- I am sorry my friend, I gave you a wrong website. It should be www.afa.net Learn together 15:31, 26 September 2007 (EDT)
Conservative Jews are liberal, why are they listed on the article, the conservative branch of Judaism is orthodox, all other branches of Judaism are liberal, I can't blame you all for the mistake, there was only one branch of Judaism about 200 years ago, now there is Reform, Conservative, Renewal, Liberal (same as Reform) , Reconstructionist, Humanistic, and Orthodox. -- 16:40, 31 March 2008 (EDT)
Conservative Links: News
I would like to see Factcheck.org removed. They claim non-biased but that is not believable. Funded by Annenberg, who sat on Annenberg's board? Ayers and Obama. Their director was a jounalist for AP and CNN, two liberal organizations. There attempt to conceal Obama's birth certificate by claiming authentic- conflict of interest, nor believable. Just some issues among many others. --Jpatt 16:39, 24 October 2008 (EDT)
Would it be possible to add
a directory of conservative websites?
Fixes and adds
And, for fixes, the section that reads, "http://www.tcotreport.com/ TCOT - Top Conservatives On Twitter - 'Breaking News From the Conservative World!' Conservative news aggregate," it needs an internal wiki-link fix.
Thanks! DerekE 10:45, 28 April 2010 (EDT)
Fixed! Thanks Jpatt! DerekE 11:05, 28 April 2010 (EDT)
Can we add YAF?
Would it be possible to add Young America's Foundation in the list of conservative organizations?
A little more about YAF:
"Young America's Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
As the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement, the Foundation introduces thousands of American youth to these principles. We accomplish our mission by providing essential conferences, seminars, educational materials, internships, and speakers to young people across the country.
Young America's Foundation stepped forward to save President Reagan's Western White House, Rancho del Cielo, in the spring of 1998 to preserve it as a living monument to Ronald Reagan to pass on his ideas to future generations. President Reagan committed himself to reaching young people with his ideas—a goal that is also central to the Foundation's mission."