Roseann Teresa O'Donnell, born March 21, 1962 (age 51) in Bayside, Queens, New York, is a liberal Democrat 11-time Emmy Award-winning talk show host, television personality, comedian, film, television, and stage actress. O'Donell has been an outspoken critic and opponent of the War on Terror  and mainstream Christianity. She is a lesbian and a prominent gay rights activist. 
After beginning as a stand-up comic, O'Donnell gained notice for hosting her own daytime talk show The Rosie O'Donnell Show, from 1996 to 2002.
September 5, 2006, she officially replaced Meredith Vieira as a regular cast of ABC's The View, but on April 25, 2007 O'Donnell announced she was leaving the show in June after a public outcry over controversial remarks equating U.S. troops with terrorists. Due to frequent disputes with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, a former reality show - Survivor: The Australian Outback - contestant and co-hostess of The View, she left the show weeks earlier than announced, and on May 25, 2007 she requested early leave after another on-air dispute with Hasselbeck. ABC granted her request.
O'Donnell expressed interest in hosting The Price is Right when Bob Barker retired, then said she wasn't interested, and then expressed interest again. In the end she was beaten out by Drew Carey for the job.
She is known for her radical political beliefs and conspiracy theories. Posts on her website reveal that O'Donnell adheres to 9/11 conspiracy theories, and that she believes the attacks were a U.S. government plot.
In March of 2007, after terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confessed to being heavily involved in the orchestration of the 9/11 attacks, O'Donnell defended him and accused U.S. military personnel of torturing him. Later that month when fifteen British sailors and marines were kidnapped by the government of Iran, O'Donnell made comments which insinuated that the incident was a hoax to provide an excuse to go to war with Iran. 
- "655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead. Who are the terrorists?" ABC's The View, May 17, 2007.
- "Get away from the fear. Don’t fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers." ABC's The View, November 9, 2006.
- "I do believe it is the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics for the World Trade Center Tower Seven, building seven, which collapsed in on itself, it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved, World Trade Center Seven. World Trade Center one and Two got hit by planes. Seven, miraculously, for the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible....apparently wasn’t the terrorists." ABC's The View, March 29, 2007.
- "Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America" ABC's The View, September 13, 2006.
- "The NRA is buying votes with blood money!" Million Mom March, Washington, D.C., June 2, 2000.
- ↑ The New York Times, Rosie O’Donnell to Leave 'The View' in June, Jaquess Steinberg, April 25, 2007.
- ↑ Rosie O'Donnell marries girlfriend in San Francisco, CNN, February 27, 2004.
- ↑ Rosie O'Donnell Goes Public On 9/11
- ↑ ABC News.Another 'View' Fued: Rosie vs. O'Reilly.
- ↑ Rosie Voted 2007's Most Annoying Celebrity, Lynn Davidson, NewsBusters, December 28, 2007
- ↑ 2007 Year-End Pop Culture Poll Results, Parade.com
- Rosie O'Donnell at the Internet Movie Database
- Rosie O'Donnell at the Internet Broadway Database
- The Full Rosie - Daytime Host’s Long Record of Mean-Spirited Left-Wing Ravings, Media Research Center
- What Liberals Say - Rosie O'Donnell, Accuracy In Media